MISSHA M Signature Radiance Foundation

MISSHA M Signature Radiance Foundation

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane Water Titanium Dioxide Butylene Glycol Trimethylsiloxysilicate Glycerin PEG-10 Dimethicone Calcium Cerium Oxide Pentylene Glycol Diamond Powder Haematococcus Pluvialis Extract Tourmaline Amethyst Powder Pearl Powder Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Extract Platinum Powder Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate Tribehenin Magnesium Sulfate Sorbitan Sesquioleate Tocopheryl Acetate Phenyl Trimethicone Polymethylsilsesquioxane PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone Disteardimonium Hectorite Aluminum Hydroxide Triethoxycaprylylsilane Stearic Acid Ethylhexylglycerin PVP Montmorillonite Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer Astaxanthin 1,2-Hexanediol Fullerenes Hydrolyzed Extensin Polysorbate 80 Disodium EDTA Phenoxyethanol Fragrance CI 77492/Iron Oxides CI 77019/Mica CI 77491/Iron Oxides CI 77499/Iron Oxides

on 5/5/2017 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It was OK in a bind but wouldn't buy again if I had. Options.

on 5/3/2017 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

PROS:
- fluid texture but not overly runny, very fine and silky (comparable to that of Studio Fix Fluid of MAC),
- very saturated shades (contain little beige) and very golden,
- very smooth semi-matte finish that looks like a second skin,
- medium coverage with one layer,
- long lasting,
- easy to apply and spread, whether with brush, Beauty Blender or Air Puff,
- does not dry fast so there’s enough time to work it in,
- very minor creasing in fine lines during application, and does not crease anymore once set with a good setting powder,
- waterproof,
- very minor darkening during the day,
- no separation of the powder and liquid phases in the bottle,
- SPF 20 mineral-only,
- very soluble in alcohol, it is very Beauty Blender friendly ;-)
- large capacity (35 ml),
- reasonable price (when purchased on Korean websites like TesterKorea),
- square bottle with slightly convex edges, very elegant with its golden cap,
- very functional pump, which works well and with flexibility, and delivers a slightly lower amount of product than the competitors, allowing a more precise dosage.

CONS:
- too strong fragrance (like many Korean products), although in this case I like the very powdery vintage smell,
- shine control a little weak (but since it is not really matte at the beginning, it was expected),
- only three shades, mostly for very fair to light skintones.

FINAL THOUGHTS:
Despite the three little cons, this foundation that I’ve used for one year has ended up surpassing my old favourite Colorstay Liquid for oily skin.

With a finer and silkier texture than Colorstay, with brighter shades, it sticks very well to my skin (in every sense of the word since it is a long hold). The finish is very smooth, realistic and ceramic-like at the same time (way smoother than Colorstay).

Like many trimethylsiloxysilicate-based foundations, the feel is a bit tacky during the drying phase... so be sure to set with a good transparent setting powder before trying to blend any product on top (especially finishing powder, blush, bronzer and highlighter) which will cake like crazy. I don’t like loose powders but I’m in love with IT’S SKIN It's Top Professional Touch Finish No Sebum Pact (which is a white compact powder that provides a strong mattifying and blurring effect with the tiniest amount), then add some skin-like effect on my forehead and cheeks with NYX #Nofilter Finishing Powder in Porcelain (which cakes and creases like crazy when used as a setting powder, but as a finishing powder AFTER a setting powder, it restores the slight satin glow healthy skin naturally has).

Although the SPF 20 sun protection is weak for a Korean foundation (the newest ones often reach the SPF 50) I like that it is mineral only because my eyes usually can’t stand chemical sunscreens (especially octinoxate).
The coverage is medium with one layer, perfect to conceal slight redness, and it does not cake if you try to build up the coverage. It holds up very well on my uber-oily skin (it is often compared to Estée Lauder Double Wear in Asia).

The shades are gorgeous for those who have a golden complexion : containing mostly warm gold pigments with little beige hues, they are very luminous and have very little to no oxidization during the day.
To get my shade (I have never had such a close match to my skintone), I mix the #13 Vanilla Beige (close to NC10 from MAC) and the #21 Light Beige (close to NC20), the result gives me a shade a tad lighter and brighter than Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, and way brighter than my Colorstay in Buff (which has that unpleasant grayish cast).

Even though the texture stays uniform in the bottle, without any visible separation of the liquid and powder phases, I prefer to add a stainless steel ball into the bottle to ease homogenization by shaking before each use (I now do this for all my foundations).

Last but not least, it is very soluble in alcohol, which allows me to clean perfectly and quickly my Beauty Blender in an alcohol bath after each use.

I am in LOVE with it ♥♥♥

Wow...where to begin... I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation.
I got it dirt-cheap on the website....so I stocked up on eyeshadows, concealers, etc. This was the main reason I was shopping there though.
The color is absolutely gorgeous..the most perfect I could ever ask for...Mine was the first, lightest color--cream or something...perfect for my skintone. And that's where the like stopped....
There is a boatload of perfume in this foundation. It smells like old ladies all smooshed up into the bottle.lol The smell is heavy and cloying and never lets up...It's like an assault on your nose whenever you wear it. Yuck!:(
Plus after only 1 day's wear, I was covered in tiny pimples. I'm going to assume something in the formula blocks pores because every pore on my face was a disaster. I really don't think so much it was an allergy to the fragrance, but more something in the formula was not good for my skin.
The other thing is although it looks light and creamy, it goes on and dries matte-like, so each and every single dry particle on your face is caked with foundation. Being that it matches so well that's not too terrible, but if you look close up you can see how awful it clings to any dryness.
I tried several times to wear it but came away with the same problems--overwhelmingly disgusting smell, caking up in dry areas no matter what primer I used, and making me totally break out by the end of the day.
I won't even gift this to anyone...into the trash it goes.
I do have to say though, the packaging is absolutely topshelf....all gold and ornate...all the Missha makeup is in absolutely decadent packages. It's a shame this foundation didn't live up the gorgeous packaging.

on 4/5/2012 11:33:00 PM

I use the second lightest colour, No.21, and it's one of the only foundations I've used on my pale skin that doesn't leave faint, orange streaks that are obvious under bright light. This is quite a thick, heavy foundation and a little bit does a lot. I've had one bottle for over half a year (and a pretty bottle it is). Coverage is even better than some BB creams/concealers I've tried. No irritation at all, lasts all day, and surprisingly doesn't let my skin get oily.
EDIT: I discovered that this contains an ingredient which can discolour the skin and is banned in the EU. I've used it for over half a year and don't think this effect has taken hold of me yet, although it might be hard to notice since I am so pale. Nonetheless, I've stopped using it.