no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

I love this color! Its golden, silvery, green, subtle and iridescent all at the same time. This is limited edition as far as I know, and I would consider buying a back-up but this pan is huge, and I'm fickle! I really like this against my dark brown eyes. For reference, NC20-25 half asian.

About reviewer (232 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

The color of this eyeshadow is just beautiful, I love the green/bronze/silver mix of colors going on. I'm an N3 with hazel/blue eyes and this color looks amazing. The lasting power isn't too long, but I have oily lids and was expecting that. I won't repurchase because I don't think I'll need to! The pan is pretty large and I don't think I'll ever run out!

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

8 years ago

I really love these extra dimension eye shadows from MAC. But, I had to limit myself to purchasing 2. I chose Blue Orbit and Modern Pewter. Modern Pewter is like Sumptuous Olive on steroids! Lol! It's got that olive green-greyish color with an old gold cast or shimmer. Really pretty. I think it can go with pretty much any color. I would definitely purchase it again but highly doubt I would need to since it's a pretty big pan! But I'm quite happy with my purchases. For reference, Asian nc25.

About reviewer (54 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

8 years ago

Having more MAC shadows than any woman should, I was yet again compelled to purchase two from this latest collection. Modern Pewter appealed to me in that I thought it would look great with my brownish/hazel eyes. That said, I do like the shadow, especially when used slightly wet. Silverish shadows look very nice with brown eyes and I use a darker grayish brown color in my crease with this all over my lid and under my lower lashes. Suspect, like all MAC shadows this will last forever and that I could have lived without it but - it is pretty and my favorite of the entire collection.

About reviewer (484 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

8 years ago

Out of all the colors that were part of this LE collection, I feel this is one of the more neutral colors. It can easily be worn all over the lid without much effort. I have oily lids and used painterly pain toot underneath. After a full day of work, there was some creasing. I'm content with this purchase as I am not typically inclined to pay 20 bucks for one eyeshadow. If you want to have a least one shadow in this collection, I would recommend this one. I marked that I wouldnt repurchase only because this is huge and will probably never hit pan.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

8 years ago

This is the only Extra Dimension shadow I picked up. Grand Galaxy (purple shade) & Rich Core (deep burgundy) were nice too, but I limited myself to this one. I felt Modern Pewter was the most interesting and versatile, it reminds me of a tarnished coin in how it has a grayish-greenish-goldish cast.High shimmer and great pigmentation.A coin submerged in water for decades, if it came out looking gorgeous and not all green and yucky!This is suitable for day to night wear, and would be an excellent contender for a smokey eye pairing with some blacks or neutrals. Looks fabulous over the entire lid with a light shading of Soft Matte Brown (MAC shadow I think that is what it's called) surrounding around it. I marked I would not re purchase as this is HUGE.

About reviewer (250 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

from

8 years ago

Modern Pewter isn't exactly what I was expecting on my NW20 skin. It just doesn't make my brown eyes pop at all. It is pretty and all, but I was hoping for something a touch closer to the MAC Dalliance, UD Maui Wowie, or Too Faced Blonde Ambition (but sans all the glitter of the last two and bit less frosty than Dalliance). While the consistency and sheen is spot on to what I wanted. The color is much darker and more of a silver grey mixed in the greenish gold. Actually, "pewter" is a great description, but in the swatches I saw it looked more gold green and not such a heavy grey-ish tinge to it. I am assuming the swatches must have been on a more yellow based person. It is not ugly at all (and looks gorgeous with Dalliance), but it isn't what I wanted. I am debating if I will keep it. It feels like more of a fall/winter shade to me too. Oh well, the shadow quality itself feels nice.

About reviewer (1201 reviews)

Age36-43