MAC Heroine

MAC Heroine

4.5

on 6/8/2016 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the prettiest lipsticks I own, and I got it for free because a friend didn't want it. It is a bit daunting at first wearing Heroine when you're not used to wearing a lot of brightly coloured make up! I usually wear this over a Catrice long lasting lip pencil (100) to help it to set in place and it also makes it look a little bit brighter. It is a little bit drying but it probably doesn't help that I have two matte lip products over the other, so it is not the fault of the product. This is a great colour for people who want to experiment with new colours as it isn't totally out there like a blue or black lipstick, but it is eye catching and different! I usually would never buy MAC products but this I could definitely buy again, if I was purchasing again I would probably buy the lip liner as I'm not a fan of lipsticks and find it easier to apply with lip liner.

on 3/4/2016 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is the most beautiful and flattering deep shade of purple. It looks scary in the tube but is surprisingly easy to wear. I think this lipstick would flatter so many skin tones. It is matte but creamy and not drying, and feels so comfortable to wear. My only problem with this lipstick is that is stains my lips and leaves a pinkish stain but it comes off if I wipe it with makeup remover or a moist tissue. Heroine is so worth the effort though. It just brightens up the face so beautifully!

To Read all 107 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/15/2016 11:18:00 AM

PROs: most beautiful, versitile shade, give it a try even if you think it'll not suit you! CONs: as every matte lipstick, it could be a bit drying if used everyday. I have very pale skin and red hair, so when my mom bought this for me I thought se was crazy. But moms know best. It's a beautiful cool toned purple, and even though it's not too dark, it'll have the same effect as a dark or red lipstick: you either love it of hate it, it's bold but very versatile, it could be elegant as well as punk. Of course being a matte lipstick, it is a bit drying, but I think it's wearable. It lasts long, and comes off living a slight stain.

on 2/9/2016 4:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Oh my god. THIS LIPSTICK IS BEAUTIFUL! I was a bit scared at first because it is just SO bright and SO purple, but it's actually pretty wearable! It's one of my favourite MAC lipsticks, it's so creamy and pigmented, it flatters my skin tone and really brings out my eyes. So if you like bright colours but want to try something other than reds or pinks: try Heroine! You won't regret it ;)

on 1/27/2016 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love it, love it, love it! I wanted this color so much and finally got it. Perfect if you want to stand out! ;)

on 12/18/2015 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is a gorgeous color, I cannot quite describe it, it is purple but undertones are something I am unaware of how to describe. It is matte but not drying, I also love violetta but I really love this vibrant color. I think this is better for spring or summer.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I finally purchased this lipstick, and OH MY GOODNESS IT'S THE MOST BEAUTIFUL FLATTERING SHADE OF PURPLE. I guess the best way to describe this purple is "an elegant pop" of color. It is bright, and it is matte, but it works with your skintone.

on 11/20/2015 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I put off purchasing this for a loooong time because I thought this color was something I could easily find a dupe for. After many unsuccessful tries hunting for a 100% dupe, I decided to FINALLY purchase this, as nothing came as close to it as I wanted.

This shade of purple is incredibly unique; its bright yet it's still vampy. Because I am a sucker for my statement bright oranges, pinks, and purples which usually are put away in the spring and fall months, it's really nice to find a "pop of color" type lippie that is season appropriate, so I don't end up doing the nude/brown/berry lippie shuffle for like 5 months straight. This is also a very interesting shade because it pulls different on various skintones (pale, tan, dark), yet is always lovely. I also love that this is semi-matte and not full on matte so that it's not over-drying , which is very necc. for colder months. I also find there is no need for a liner with this shade either which is great (because I am lazy).

Ok so the cons... Honestly there is only one for me, but it's a big one: This shade really makes my teeth look yellow. I mean, seriously yellow - to the point I was wondering if I should shell out 600 bux for my Dentist to do a major whitening on me. I'm not really sure what's up with that considering this is the only lipstick I have that does this and I own hundreds of lippies (maybe it's too blue toned???). Even so, this color is just so flattering I can't stop wearing it and tend to ignore that issue and chalk it up to my own over critical opinion - I get loads of complements when I wear this so the tooth dulling thing may not be so noticeable to others. OK, I digress...

I know some feel MAC lippies are rather pricey at $17.00 a pop, however, I am not one of them. I think this is standard for a higher end lipstick and actually comes in at a better price point than most. If you are someone who likes "in your face" bold lippies or purples in general but isn't a fan of MAC's price tag, its prob. still worth your while to treat yourself to this one because it combines boldness, prettiness, and comfort of formulation in one.

on 11/19/2015 8:07:00 PM

I have been coveting this lipstick since it was hyped and after more than a year, I finally have mustered the courage to buy this.

Heroine is a pretty magenta purple color. It looks very intimidating on tube, but surprisingly a very wearable color. (This was how I felt when I wore Russian Red & Girl About Town for the first time). But honestly, it's not everyone's cup of tea - few people have the guts to rock a purple lipstick. I liked wearing this, but I think I will only wear this on days when I feel so. It's not really an in-your-face purple, but it's also tricky. Not an everyday to-go color.

When I first swiped this, it instantly brightens the face. It worked for me even without winged eyeliner on. But of course, it's better with minimal eye makeup. I liked it swiped in a "just-bitten" way (applied on the center of the lips, patting it for a gradiation effect) for a toned-down look, or even when applied fully on the lips.

Being a matte, it's creamy when applied on the lips. But I prefer on how it glides like butter when there is lip balm worn underneath.

Compared with Revlon Berry Haute (which they say is a dupe for Mac's Up the Amp), I like this one better. At least Heroine doesn't age me.

Overall, I like this color. I recommend this for those who want to veer away from the regular nudes, corals and reds. At least try something new.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Although I like the color it's not something I'd wear all the time, it's just not that kind of lippy. I personally found this lipstick incredibly drying, no matter what I put on my lips. It also shows out every crack and indent on my lips, so although it's incredibly pretty, I don't find it that great.