MAC Heroine

MAC Heroine

4.5

on 3/10/2017 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Such a pretty and unique shade! It is creamy and smooth although it is matte and it certainly looks even more gorgeous on darker skin tones.It also looks so beautiful if you use it to stain your lips (or after you remove it,then again it leaves a nice flattering stain). Only issue I have is that in cold lights it makes my teeth look greyish-yellow.Maybe it is just my imagination but it really puts me off when I think about it.

on 12/23/2016 3:07:00 AM

I just bought my 2nd Heroine and I have grown to love this shade. I admit it was a little scary at first because of the bold purple color, but it comes out a beautiful purple violet shade on me. It is a bit drying for me, same for all other matte lipsticks i've tried. But I use a prep or ordinary lip balm before applying and it usually helps a lot. The bold vibrant color pops beautifully!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

When I first tried this lipstick I didn't like it. Originally I had purchased MAC Lipglass in Heroine, this is bright purple/magenta and really suited me. It brightened up my skin and face. So I got the matching lipstick. I was disappointed. It felt like the lipstick version was darker, slightly more dull, with less blue and magenta.

I loved the colour of the lipstick when I saw it in the packaging, it was mysterious, purple, and really unique. Only it didn't quite bring my skin to life in the way I had hoped. Then, I tried it with the Heroine lipglass dabbed in the centre of the lip, and got a whole new colour! It had the depth, mystery and sultriness of Heroine lipstick, but with the magenta/blue tones brought out.

I have grown to adore this lipstick. It's gorgeous. I wouldn't wear it on its own, as it just doesn't have that X-Factor for me and my skin tone when used alone. But a bit of the lipglass and it's this beautiful colour. So, if Heroine lipstick doesn't quite do it for you, I suggest you use it with the lipglass and you may end up with a perfect colour just as I did.

Despite the beautiful colour, I took a lippie off because I can't figure out how to wear this without looking like Morticia from the Addams Family. I have long black hair and when I wear it down with this lipstick it looks gothic.

on 6/8/2016 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the prettiest lipsticks I own, and I got it for free because a friend didn't want it. It is a bit daunting at first wearing Heroine when you're not used to wearing a lot of brightly coloured make up! I usually wear this over a Catrice long lasting lip pencil (100) to help it to set in place and it also makes it look a little bit brighter. It is a little bit drying but it probably doesn't help that I have two matte lip products over the other, so it is not the fault of the product. This is a great colour for people who want to experiment with new colours as it isn't totally out there like a blue or black lipstick, but it is eye catching and different! I usually would never buy MAC products but this I could definitely buy again, if I was purchasing again I would probably buy the lip liner as I'm not a fan of lipsticks and find it easier to apply with lip liner.

on 3/4/2016 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is the most beautiful and flattering deep shade of purple. It looks scary in the tube but is surprisingly easy to wear. I think this lipstick would flatter so many skin tones. It is matte but creamy and not drying, and feels so comfortable to wear. My only problem with this lipstick is that is stains my lips and leaves a pinkish stain but it comes off if I wipe it with makeup remover or a moist tissue. Heroine is so worth the effort though. It just brightens up the face so beautifully!

on 2/15/2016 11:18:00 AM

PROs: most beautiful, versitile shade, give it a try even if you think it'll not suit you! CONs: as every matte lipstick, it could be a bit drying if used everyday. I have very pale skin and red hair, so when my mom bought this for me I thought se was crazy. But moms know best. It's a beautiful cool toned purple, and even though it's not too dark, it'll have the same effect as a dark or red lipstick: you either love it of hate it, it's bold but very versatile, it could be elegant as well as punk. Of course being a matte lipstick, it is a bit drying, but I think it's wearable. It lasts long, and comes off living a slight stain.

on 2/9/2016 4:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Oh my god. THIS LIPSTICK IS BEAUTIFUL! I was a bit scared at first because it is just SO bright and SO purple, but it's actually pretty wearable! It's one of my favourite MAC lipsticks, it's so creamy and pigmented, it flatters my skin tone and really brings out my eyes. So if you like bright colours but want to try something other than reds or pinks: try Heroine! You won't regret it ;)

on 1/27/2016 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Love it, love it, love it! I wanted this color so much and finally got it. Perfect if you want to stand out! ;)

on 12/18/2015 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is a gorgeous color, I cannot quite describe it, it is purple but undertones are something I am unaware of how to describe. It is matte but not drying, I also love violetta but I really love this vibrant color. I think this is better for spring or summer.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I finally purchased this lipstick, and OH MY GOODNESS IT'S THE MOST BEAUTIFUL FLATTERING SHADE OF PURPLE. I guess the best way to describe this purple is "an elegant pop" of color. It is bright, and it is matte, but it works with your skintone.

Popular Lipsticks