Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick in Sugar Honey 183

Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick in Sugar Honey 183
Pure Color Lipstick in Sugar Honey 183Estee Lauder lipstick - Sugar HoneyEstee Lauder Sugar Honey LipsEstee Lauder Sugar Honey

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Got this in a GWP and planning to repurchase soon. This is a coppery almost caramel peachy nude with life to it, the shimmer is a lovely coppery gold.

This fits the current Rose Gold makeup craze beautifully but I think it's a great warm nude and unlike the other reviews I haven't found it drying at all. Actually the opposite, quite moisturizing.

No smell I can detect.

I often find the Estee L lipsticks so moisturizing that they slip too much, landing in lip lines, but not this one, perhaps because it is a nude shade so it isn't as obvious as a red or a deep rose pink. I don't need a pencil with this one. I like it.

It wears off a touch earlier than my Clinique lipsticks so reapplication is a bit more often.

But it makes the most gorgeous rose gold shimmer nude lipstick in my entire collection and I love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Nice colour, it suits me perfect now that I'm a little bit tan. I'd like it better if it were matte instead of shimmery. It doesn't last that long though. Shame.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was in a PWP, but I've had 3 tubes I've gone through & this is simply lovely! It's neutral beige w a subtle shimmer & flashes pink in bright light, it's very beautiful :) very pleased to see this in my PWP (Luxe Color set), even if I already had a tube.

on 10/12/2014 1:58:00 AM

Received as GWP. Neutralish coppery red, somewhat sheer. It has quite a strong 'makeup' scent, which I can still smell for a bit when it's on. Nice, but nothing spectacular.

on 3/19/2014 4:27:00 PM

A very very sheer nude color for lips, really almost adds nothing. I really dislike the smell, and I usually dont complain too much about smells!! It will last all of 20 minutes on lips before it fades away to nothing...even if I dont drink...weird. I also have pretty dry lips, if it kept my lips somewhat moisturized then I would at least keep it for a chapstick type product. After wearing it for two days my lips look horrible dry mess. Nothing alittle lipbalm cant fix but for such a barely there lipstick to begin with it should be somewhat moisturizing.

on 12/11/2011 4:43:00 AM

I really like this shade of lipstick! I'm not a lipstick person at all but I needed to add some color to my lips. I usually stick to carmex and mix a sprinkle of blush or peachy eyeshadow I like. I did just purchase it two days ago but I notice that if I wear it with a little carmex and a few hours have passed without reapplying it leaves my lips looking naturally plump! I love the effect!

on 11/26/2011 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I don't wear lipstick very much, but this one is very pretty and I love the shimmer. I got mine in a free package. It's great, and would buy it again.

on 8/23/2011 4:00:00 PM

I received this product as a GWP. I didn't expect to like it because it appeared to be very dark in the tube. However it is nothing like what I expected! It is a really nice neutral, leaning toward a warm peachy gold or copper. If applied lightly the color is subtle, if applied heavier, it is a little to intense for my liking. I usually apply, blot, apply, blot, and it will last a long time. The formula is smooth and doesn't cause my lips to dry out. No bleeding into liplines and no caking, which I hate! All in all, I think I would purchase this when the sample runs out.

on 6/5/2011 12:38:00 PM

This lipstick is beautiful in the summer with warm colored dresses and tops (yellow, orange, etc). I don't like to wear it in the winter. It looks quite dark orangy when put on heave but looks nice when put on very light. I am super pale though. I like it much more when I put a sheer/nude gloss or lipstick over it. I tend to mix my lipstick colors to make unique looks, so this one seems to be a nice addition to my lipstick mixing collection, but I would rarely wear it alone. It does have a fruity smell (I am usually very, very sensitive to fragrances), but it doesn't seem to bother me. I won't buy again, but I will keep it for my lipstick layering technique.

on 5/23/2011 11:56:00 AM

Divine colour. My search for the ultimate lipstick has come to an end. It's slightly darker than my natural lip colour and adds a little warmth to my pale face. If only it's staying power was better.....