Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation

Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation

3.8

AQUA (WATER), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI77891), PROPYLENE GLYCOL, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, DIMETHICONE,ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, ZINC PCA,SILICA, IRON OXIDES (CI77492), ERYTHRITOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, IRON OXIDES (CI77491),CHLORPHENESIN, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, IRON OXIDES (CI77499), PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), ALCOHOL DENAT., LAUROYL LYSINE, DISODIUM EDTA,CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI77288), MANGANESE VIOLET (CI77742), POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, HOMARINE HCL, GOSSYPIUM HERBACEUM(COTTON) FLOWER EXTRACT, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, DIMETHICONE/METHICONE COPOLYMER.

Looked a bit orange on my skin. Had to reapply every 5 hours, because my cheeks turned very rosy. Made dry patches on my cheek look worse.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I thought this would be a great foundation but i was wrong.
I have combo skin and a yellow undertone, have sad 52 but still looks orange on my skin. It also dries to fast leaving it patchy with a cakey feeling, while the foundation didnt stay on my skin at all.
Not the best foundation.

To Read all 119 Reviews, Login or Join

Okay this is THE BEST FOUNDATION FOR 15€
I ve been using this for 3 years.I repurchase this every 3 months and I use 52 vanilla shade.
Coverage is medium(buildable) but i don't even wanna cover blemishes with this(i use HM concealer) . I feel like this cures my blemishes and clean my skin YES!!!!!!! THIS IS LIKE A TREATMENT FOUNDATION TO ME. My skin looks better when i use this everyday.
Love love loveeeeee

on 4/13/2016 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Thought this product was great when I bought it but after a few uses I felt like it got thinner and there was less coverage than I'd have liked there to have been.

I think if you're prone to break outs it is great, purely because of the little coverage but if you really want to build on this foundation you'd have to use quite a lot of it! However, for the price of it, it isn't bad at all, just not what I'd consider 'perfect' ;)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am never normally a fan of liquid foundations but this is fantastic! A little goes a long way, great colouring and great coverage. I have oily/combination skin. normally, liquid foundations make my skin look cakey. This sets almost like a powder on my skin and I hardly need any product to set it. It covers redness and dark circles so no need for concealer! :)

on 3/17/2016 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is my absolute holy grail and I would be really upset if they discontinued it. I've used it for 2 years now and have repurchased it.

I have oily, acne-prone skin and I wear shade 55 (beige fonce). I apply it with a damp sponge with a primer (currently rotating the Laura Mercier primer and the Hourglass primer, and it has worked with both perfectly) and a powder on top (Rimmel Stay Matte). Without a powder, it'll still be fairly matte with a more of a natural sheen, but this is by no means a dewy foundation. With a powder, it lasts at least 7 hours on me and while I do get a little shiny by that point, it's not greasy-shiny. I am a student so my days are half running to class and half sitting in class, and I can definitely rely on this foundation to do its job.

It's a runnier consistency, but packs great converage without feeling heavy. It covers redness from my acne and acne scarring quite well and, because I am insecure, I dab a little concealer on top of them anyway. And you know how when with thicker foundations, they always feel kind of tacky and sticky after application? Nothing like that with this one - it's a soft, skin-like feel.

It does have a perfume-y smell, but I don't find it to be too bad. If you are sensitive to scents though, beware.

A little while ago, I strayed and bought the Estee Lauder Double Wear Light. It's a thicker consistency (giving that aforementioned tacky texture) and doesn't have as good coverage as the Bourjois 123. It overall just feels heavier, which is not something I like out of a foundation that's almost 20$ more expensive than the Bourjois. For reference, the DWL is 45$ in Canada, while Bourjois is 28$. I can't wait to use it up and go back to my Bourjois 123.

I definitely recommend this foundation, but make sure you have prepped well - wash, exfoliate, and moisturize! I can see this being challenging to work with if you have dry flaky skin.

on 3/9/2016 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I really love this foundation. The color match is perfect for my asian skin. I'm using the shade 53 Light Beige, which is between NC25 and NC30. However, MAC is very orange, and Bourjois has more yellow undertones, which is great. The coverage is medium and buildable with a natural looking matte finish. With a primer and a finishing powder, this foundation still looks fine after an 8 hour wear. When I need less coverage, I use the Bourjois CC cream.
The packaging is very hygienic since it's a glass bottle with a pump. I use 1 small pump for my entire face, and one bottle lasts me 8 to 9 months. So far, this is the only foundation that I've ever repurchased.

on 2/24/2016 2:07:00 PM

It was my first foundation. I used it for a couple of months until I understood it's not perfect for me. The shade "light vanilla" is almost my skin tone, but a little too yellow. It did even out my skin tone and hid blemishes, but it didn't correct the redness in the center of my face. I also have to use a yellow toned concealer under my eyes, so it really misses the whole color correcting point. It clings to my flaky parts of the face and dries to a matte finish, so I wouldn't recommend this for drier skin. It didn't make me brake out, but after months of using it my skin got a bumpy texture.

on 2/22/2016 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

WONDERFUL product. I used to use the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation which I loved, but over time my skin changed and became more oily so I had to change products accordingly. The 123 works tons better for oily and combination skin and its staying power is better. I also notice my skin has less blemishes and redness while using this foundie. It's currently my HG foundation and I think I would be very reluctant to try a new product unless my skin changes again and I have to swap to something else.

My current makeup routine: Innisfree no-sebum primer, a nice THICK dusting of Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Silky Beige, followed by a light layer of Bourjois 123 Perfect foundie. Stays ALL night.

My specs: NC20, oily skin
I purchased: this foundie in #52 (which is also the shade I used for Healthy Mix) from feelunique.com which offers free shipping to NZ if you spend over 10 pounds or something
How much I paid: around 23NZD which is super super super good for a foundation

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have combination skin: very oily t-zone with dry cheeks keratosis pilaris cheeks (redness and little bumps) and on top of that I'm very spot prone (most foundations tend to break me out).
This foundation is my new go to. It's light in texture, doesn't feel heavy at all on the skin, keeps my T-Zone matte enough without overly drying my cheeks, not cakey and looks pretty natural. I'm in 54 in this foundation which is a great colour for me - neutral, not too yellow or too pink - almost beige? (I'm usually shade 53 in bourjois - this one seemed lighter and too ashen toned in the lighter shades) But the shade range is very limited which is extremely disappointing, I think there are 5 or 6 shades which is pretty useless to be honest.
But other than that, for me, this is a great every day foundation which lasts well throughout the day without me ending up looking like a disco ball and on top of that doesn't break me out woooo!