Physicians Formula Physicians Formula Bronze Booster - Glow-Boosting Season-to-Season Bronzer

3.5

on 7/24/2016 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

So after reading the reviews here, it became clear to me that those with darker skin did not care about this product because it did not show on their skin. I tried this product after getting an all over tan, except for my face, in carribean. I applied it over my Revlon Colorstay Natural Tan foundation and Viola, my face matched my body. Please bear in mind that I mix all colors. I don't find this product shimmery at all. PF is great in bronzers but you have to find your match. I used to like the other bronzers with moon and sun signs but none of those work for me. This is not because they are bad products but they do not match my skin anymore. Anyway, this is highly recommended considering it contains different shades and none is orange.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This one of my favorite bronzers to use as an all over bronzing powder. It is light enough for my NC-15 skin and doesn't look muddy or orange. It applies sheer, so that's why I like using this basically all over my face to warm up my complexion. I'll then go in with a separate product to contour. Expensive for drugstore but I watch for coupons and always pick it up on sale, which can usually bring it down to the $10 range, which is not bad. This lasts a really long time too. I use it almost daily and I've had it a year before I hit pan. For the negative reviews, I feel like people weren't using it for its purpose. This is an all over bronzer, not a contouring product. I have bronzers from high end to drugstore, and this is one I will always have in my collection. P.S. Blake Lively said in an article she loves this bronzer :)

To Read all 15 Reviews, Login or Join

As with my other PF reviews, I bought this product because I need talc free and that's hard to find in Europe. When my makeup from the U.S. ran out I tried PF as I'd heard good things about it. Never again.

First this product is barely pigmented and none of the colors show up well. Second it has shimmer in it which is stupid because that completely contradicts the purpose of bronzer! At least for me, I use bronzer for face contouring, so you want the darker parts to fade into the background, not catch the light and attention with shimmer. So because there's hardly any color, you have to layer it on, which means you're also layering shimmer on. By the end there's still not much visual effect of a bronzer but a lot of glitter on your face. I don't recommend at all.

From reading the other reviews, I think the positive reviews might come from people who have never tried high quality bronzes like Urban Decay, which unfortunately I can't use since the talc breaks me out :( Spend the extra $10 and get a better quality bronzer, this one is not good!

on 11/6/2014 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

It didn't last at all on my skin, I got medium dark hoping I could get more of a bronze but it hardly showed up at all! The only pro is it didn't break me out. Wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this bronzer! Not too shimmery and looks good on my very light skin. I don't use a lot, but just enough to give my face some color so it doesn't look totally pale with my powder! Lol. It also doesn't turn orange at all as it claims!! Would repurchase. I love physicians formula

on 4/20/2014 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is the only bronzer I have found that is not orangey or overwhelming on my pale skin(the light shade).
After a long winter, this gives a little boost to my coloring. I don't find it to be overly shimmery at all. Matte bronzers always look too muddy on my skin. The trick to applying bronzer is to use a large, fluffy brush and shake of any excess.

on 2/17/2014 10:18:00 AM

I usually use Bobbi brown Medium 2 bronzer which works great for me, but wanted to find a less expensive drugstore brand this time. I bought the medium/dark. I was looking for something I could wear all year long. The color does not work for me, much to dark. I try using the pale side of the palette, but still looks like orange dirt on my face. Perhaps if I bought the lighter shade, it would look more natural on my skin. So over all, can not use this shade. Probably will try a different brand next time.

on 1/12/2014 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I just bought this bronzer after reading an article on how to apply bronzer to winter skin. I was randomly looking in the cosmetics aisle when I spotted this! I love the idea of bronzer for all different seasons since I love the way bronzer looks on my skin. They only had the medium-dark shade and I have light- medium skin, but this suites me perfectly! I love how the winter shade livens up my skin. This is my first time wearing it so hopefully no breakouts! I love it so far & will definitely repurchase!

on 1/7/2014 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it ! this bronzer is soft gold-shimmering, exactly what i was looking for!

I use this product to define my face with the countouring method : the 2 lighter shades as an illuminator on the top of my cheek bone and the 2 darker under the cheek bone as a bronzer to dig my cheeks.

Sometimes, when I want give my tan an healty-look, I mix the 4 shades with a bronzer brush and apply it on my nose, forehead, cheek and chin.

It's great for summer, but may be a little too sparkly for winter.

I like this bronzer a lot. I saw it at CVS and I liked how fair the light one was. I'm an NW20 tops with blonde hair, and green eyes. So I have to be super careful with bronzers because usually they are too dark or look muddy, not this one. I love the packaging and amazingly to me the brush is very good! It's shaped almost in a 3 like the way we're supposed to apply bronzer in the 3 motion. I mix all the seasons together and swipe from the top of my forehead down my temple to my cheek then on the jawline. I also swipe some lightly all over so i look even then do my neck and collar bones if needed.

I love all 4 colours and they do not look over shimmery on me at all. But shimmer is a preference some people like me luv it, while others just hate it. If you don't like shimmer do not buy this because even though to me it's subtle other's may not share the same opinion. This is a great bronzer for people on the paler side and it's great for Fall/Winter because it's not too much on the face. Just enough to liven up my complexion. Would I repurchase? I think so because it is one on the fairer side and that makes things foolproof for me like when I'm in a rush.

This is an awesome bronzer that looks very natural on the skin. I luv it:) Recommended!