Smashbox Be Legendary in Infrared Matte

Smashbox Be Legendary in Infrared Matte

4.9

on 1/18/2016 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

If you're searching for the perfect, blue-based red matte lipstick, then consider that journey over - you've arrived at your destination. Smashbox Be Legendary Infrared Matte is the most stunning crimson you'll ever smear on your face. I discovered this lipstick by accident three years ago while wandering through a Sephora; I caught sight of my reflection in a mirror and hated how pale I looked without any lipstick so I put on the first red I saw. "That is a beautiful red," the woman beside me observed. My friend said, "Wow, that looks great on you." SOLD! (Now I'm on my third tube.)

When absolute strangers stop you as you're wolfing down a bowl of noodles in a pho shop to ask you what lipstick you're wearing, then you know you've got a keeper. (For the record, I only needed a quick touch up after said meal - which was delicious.) What's great about this formula is that there's no need for a lip liner - a steady hand, a lip brush and a mirror are all that you need to achieve a precise bombshell red mouth. It's clean, it's crisp, it's classic. This is the little black dress of lipsticks. Pair with your little black dress for best results.

Similar in COLOR to:
- Lime Crime Red Velvetine
- ColourPop Creeper
(these three lipsticks comprise my red lip trinity)

on 12/10/2014 11:02:00 PM

I am madly in love with this lipstick. I am more of a gloss person but I got a free sample and immediately bought a full size. It's a perfect red and it looks great with my skin and hair which is saying something. I'm pale with freckles and I have long curly red hair and green eyes and I find most reds look garish on me but this looks like a perfect true bbombshell red...I get tons of compliments on it. The formula is great I find a quick swipe of a chapstick like balm underneath keeps my lips looking hydrated the whole time I'm wearing it...which is all day because this stuff stays exactly where you put it.

To Read all 11 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/25/2014 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Spent all day looking for the perfect red. This is it. It stayed on all day. Love.

on 5/19/2014 11:00:00 AM

I love this lipstick! My usual go to red is MACs viva la glam 1; however, this shade has replaced it! It has incredible staying power, makes my teeth appear whiter, and is an all around great color for my fair skin/dark features. I wore this to a dinner party and I checked my makeup on the way home after about 3 hours+ wearing it and it was still on! No feathering and no bleeding. Will highly recommend for a night out or if you are just feeling sassy at the grocery store.

It's the most perfect matte red lipstick ever!
* Stays on for a long time
* Soft consistency
* Beautiful packaging

on 10/6/2013 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is the perfect matte red! Of all the red lipsticks I've tried, this is hands-down my favorite. The texture is very light but the color payoff is excellent. It is a beautiful true red, not too orange or too pink, and even though it's a matte formula, I don't find it drying at all. If you're looking for just the right red, this is it!

on 9/22/2013 8:00:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I had been looking for a good red lipstick for a while that made my teeth look whiter and I've definitely found it!
The packaging feels nice to the touch and solid but I've found that it scratches quite easily in my bag so i'll probably have to put it in it's own compartment, but that's neither here nor there.
The product itself is very long lasting and pigmented. I've never had a problem with dry lips so I can't comment on whether it would be drying for many other people, but give it a go because the colour pay off and wear is very good.
Like other red lipsticks, it's probably not one you want to try putting on without a mirror unless you've done it successfully before, but the shape and size of the lipstick allows precise application without a brush so it's handy to slip into a clutch.

Best red lipstick ever. It's absolutely brilliant. I'm pretty tanned, asian with yellow undertones (NC40 for reference) and on me it looks a perfect bright red, not too dark. On my very pale friend, it seems to transform entirely; it becomes a gorgeous deep blue toned red. Flattering to all skin tones! It has a gorgeous velvety matte finish that's just perfect.

It lasts for absolutely hours - I'm the kind of person who's always too too lazy to reapply, and I can go a good three or four hours whilst talking, eating and drinking and it'll be perfectly fine, but despite this it doesn't dry out your lips - at least, not nearly as much as some of my MAC lipsticks.

The packaging is a tiny bit on the bulkier side in comparison to MAC lipsticks, but is still sleek and practical. Love it!

I found this lipstick while I was on the hunt for the perfect red lipstick to contrast my porcelain skin. I went to Ulta and tried all the bright red lipsticks from the high end brands on my hand. I was looking for the brightest, creamiest, most pigmented red. This is the one I picked. It was expensive, but boy am I glad I made that purchase!! This is my HG red lipstick. It's so creamy and pigmented, it just slides on with the brightest red you could imagine. I can see this color being universally flattering on many different skin tones. I would buy this again and again. It is slightly drying just like pretty much every lipstick, but much better than other ones I have tried. The packaging is sleek and chic. It is a matte lipstick so it's not too shiny, just a pop of bold color. I love this lipstick!!

Loved this shade alot!!! the first time i put it on my lips it made me fall in love with it that i found myself in the cashier station paying for it already. It is nice because the color stays long even after eating, I'm a fair lady and i love the intense red color on my lips when wearing it, it makes me feel like a supermodel.