Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo

3.3

Deionized Water, Decyl Glucoside (Coconut Oil), African Black Soap, Salicylic Acid, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Seed Oil, Charcoal Powder, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed (Jojoba) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Oil*, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Vitamin E, Rosemary Extract, Plantain Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract

on 8/4/2015 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This get my hair clean and leaves it feeling very soft and not strip like most shampoos. It has a earthy medicine smell to it.

on 4/9/2015 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I purchased this as my new clarifying shampoo. Ive been natural for three years now and I still enjoy trying new products. Ive used this shampoo three times and can say without a doubt that its one of the WORST Ive ever used. It does get my scalp really clean, no flakes left behind and thats great. However, the more I use it, the drier my (3C/4A) strands! And I only clarify once a month, but my hair is no longer soft and my curls arent as springy as before so I have to return the half empty bottle to Sallys. Its going to take a lot of deep conditioning to get my hair in order again. Definitely not a win for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Honestly it is not the worst shampoo I have tried but it did not work for me. Silly me forgot to read the ingredients and used it several times. Next thing I know, my scalp was on fire. Read over the ingredients (like I should have in the first place) and found out that it contains tea tree oil. I still had a full bottle left so I left in the communal bathroom so hopefully someone will take it off my hands.

Another con about this product is that the bottle that I have purchased was so runny, I was was shocked on how runny it was because other shampoos in this brand are pretty thick. So ladies with itchy scalp and not allergic to tea tree oil, check the consistency of the product by shaking it. If it sounds watery, find something else. Personally I felt that it didn't cleanse my scalp well but I only used it a handful of times so I cannot give it a fair assessment.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

My hair is natural - rather curly and dry. The only chemicals i use is store bought hair dye to cover the grey (sorry but i cross the line at going grey in my thirties, i will fight that every step.) I've switched over to using more natural products lately in my whole regime. Although i have heard of the Shea Moisture products before, i never used them until i stumbled upon them at Target. I don't normally use shampoo on my hair, unless i need to clarify from product build up. I've been using African Black soap (the bar) on my face for the last year, so i know the lovely cleansing properties it has. My hair was in protective twists for the last two weeks. I would only take them down, to moisturize, detangle, and then retwist. Using the Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque first, i washed everything out with the African Black Soap Cleansing Shampoo. My biggest fear was tangles, which usually happens when i use shampoo. Washing my hair in sections - untwisting, rinsing, and retwisting - helped keep some of the snags away. There was some, but it wasn't a mess. As expected it did leave my hair squeaky clean, which can mean a little on the less moisture side, BUT it wasn't a nightmare. It didn't feel brittle, there wasn't clumps of tangles which i've had in the past with other shampoos. Although this is was my first time using this, i do believe i will keep it within my routine of once a month clarification from my co-washes.

Popular Shampoos