Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo

1 review

Deionized Water, Decyl Glucoside (Coconut Oil), African Black Soap, Salicylic Acid, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Seed Oil, Charcoal Powder, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed (Jojoba) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Oil*, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Vitamin E, Rosemary Extract, Plantain Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract

on 10/16/2013 12:26:00 PM

That's it. This, is the shampoo to end all shampoos.

I have lots of fine, stick straight hair. My scalp is extremely oily and responds quite poorly to silicones, sulfates, etc. Many shampoos leave my scalp greasy yet my ends parched.

Over the years, I have found many shampoos that do clean my hair, but aren't perfect. L'Oreal everpure was great a few years ago, then they changed the formula and now it leaves my hair limp and awful. Alaffia Black soap shampoo was almost perfect, but just a little too drying. Organix Coconut was also great a few years ago, but now it leaves my ends crackly and parched but doesn't clean my roots at all. Kiehl's coconut oil shampoo does work (in conjuction with baking soda)...but it breaks me out.

So I headed to Duane Reade, and recalling my positive experience with Alaffia Black soap shampoo, I decided to give this one a try. And this...is PERFECT. It removes all the gunk from my scalp, but doesn't dry the ends at all. My hair is bouncy, soft, shiny, and voluminous. I get many compliments on my hair these days.

Popular Shampoos