Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo

2.8

Deionized Water, Decyl Glucoside (Coconut Oil), African Black Soap, Salicylic Acid, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Seed Oil, Charcoal Powder, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed (Jojoba) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Oil*, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Vitamin E, Rosemary Extract, Plantain Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract

on 8/2/2016 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I use this once a fortnight as a deep clease for my hair. Some background - my hair is long, very curly and both my scalp and hair are dry due to bleach/dye. My scalp feels very clean after using and my hair isn't left frizzy or stripped (it does feel a little 'dry' straight after washing but once I condition it's fine). It doesn't foam that well as it is sulfate free, so I do have to use quite a large amount but as I don't use this shampoo too frequently I find the bottle lasts several months. I also happen to love the smell; it's quite strong and medicinal but it doesn't linger in my hair after rinsing. I would definitely recommend this shampoo if you're looking for a relatively gentle yet deep cleansing product.

on 6/22/2015 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Well maybe I just got a weird bottle, but I felt like this really didn't cleanse my scalp effectively. It always felt like within a day my roots were greasy. Maybe it's because I'm used to using sulphates. At least it didn't dry the crap out of my scalp like the Hibiscus and Coconut shampoo did, so there's that.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love the way this shampoo smells, a bit earthy (woodsy) with a hint of banana (from the plantain). I had rubbed castor oil which is very thick all over my scalp because I'm trying to get a section of hair to grow faster (baaaaaad uneven haircut). This shampoo washed the thick oil right out with no issues. I only needed a little for it to lather. I will use this every two weeks to clarify since I use a lot of shea moisture stuff. My hair is 3a/3b/3c, low porosity, medium density, and medium strand thickness

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Honestly it is not the worst shampoo I have tried but it did not work for me. Silly me forgot to read the ingredients and used it several times. Next thing I know, my scalp was on fire. Read over the ingredients (like I should have in the first place) and found out that it contains tea tree oil. I still had a full bottle left so I left in the communal bathroom so hopefully someone will take it off my hands.

Another con about this product is that the bottle that I have purchased was so runny, I was was shocked on how runny it was because other shampoos in this brand are pretty thick. So ladies with itchy scalp and not allergic to tea tree oil, check the consistency of the product by shaking it. If it sounds watery, find something else. Personally I felt that it didn't cleanse my scalp well but I only used it a handful of times so I cannot give it a fair assessment.

Popular Shampoos