Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo

Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo

3.2

Deionized Water, Decyl Glucoside (Coconut Oil), African Black Soap, Salicylic Acid, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Seed Oil, Charcoal Powder, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed (Jojoba) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Oil*, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Vitamin E, Rosemary Extract, Plantain Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract

on 10/14/2017 8:05:00 PM

New Formula Is Not Good At All!!!
The "deep cleansing" shampoo left my hair more greasy than before my wash and left my hair soooo weighed down. Before the new formula, the shampoo served to treat dandruff (a common problem I suffered from), psoriasis, and eczema. Now, Shea Moisture changed the purpose of the shampoo to calm dry scalp (less versatility in solving specific hair problems). In addition, the original formula had so many natural ingredients. The only chemical sounding ingredient was salycilic acid. Now, the formula has 3 more heavy oils and about 2 more rows of chemical ingredients. The original formula was a god sent, it gave me a lot of volume, no flakes, and no itchiness. Why Shea Moisture? Why did you ruin my favorite hair product????
So dissapointed..
Shea Moisture, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this shampoo!! I finally found a store near me in Canada that stocks it and I'm thrilled. I've always used Head and Shoulders because anything else would leave me with an itchy scalp. I colour my hair so I've always been looking for something else that would cut the itch but be gentler on my colour and this is it! Been using it for a month and no itchy scalp. Love the smell and I usually hate scented products.

on 3/25/2016 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I wish this worked well for me, but my hair scalp seems to love sulfates. I've had mild scalp psoriasis most of my adult life and have been looking for a more gentle treatment than T-Gel. I've been using this for about a month 2 times a week and I really haven't noticed my scalp clearing up. I have to wash my hair at least twice weekly or my scalp patches really start building up and itching/flaking. This hasn't prolonged the time I can go between washes and the patches are still on my scalp. I also have to use a lot of this product to really saturate my hair to insure proper cleaning of my scalp. Even so, my hair and scalp never feel "clean". Like I stated before, I think my scalp just needs strong sulfates to cleanse properly.

on 8/2/2016 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I use this once a fortnight as a deep clease for my hair. Some background - my hair is long, very curly and both my scalp and hair are dry due to bleach/dye. My scalp feels very clean after using and my hair isn't left frizzy or stripped (it does feel a little 'dry' straight after washing but once I condition it's fine). It doesn't foam that well as it is sulfate free, so I do have to use quite a large amount but as I don't use this shampoo too frequently I find the bottle lasts several months. I also happen to love the smell; it's quite strong and medicinal but it doesn't linger in my hair after rinsing. I would definitely recommend this shampoo if you're looking for a relatively gentle yet deep cleansing product.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this cause I tend to get buildup on my scalp. But this is too weak. I had to reshampoo my hair a few times and it still felt like it didn't do anything. Maybe my hairs too thick and the lather is too light? I dont know it just didn't work. Probably would work best for someone with thin hair.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Wonderful, natural cruelty-free shampoo that clarifies and leaves the scalp balanced and the hair cuticles feeling squeaky clean! :) Will repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I purchased this to use as a clarifying shampoo. I will not purchase it again. It made my hair extremely hard. I will stick with my Aubrey's Green Tea shampoo.

on 6/22/2015 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Well maybe I just got a weird bottle, but I felt like this really didn't cleanse my scalp effectively. It always felt like within a day my roots were greasy. Maybe it's because I'm used to using sulphates. At least it didn't dry the crap out of my scalp like the Hibiscus and Coconut shampoo did, so there's that.

on 8/31/2015 11:59:00 AM

I had high hopes for this as a clarifying shampoo, but it did not work for me at all. It did deep cleanse my scalp and hair, but it left my hair extremely dry, and both my hair and scalp got dirty/greasy feeling again almost immediately.

You should smell this before purchase of you can, because I found the scent to be very off putting, like an over ripe rotting plastic banana. The scent didn't linger in my hair, but was unpleasant to use in the shower. Obviously not the shampoo for me!

on 8/4/2015 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This get my hair clean and leaves it feeling very soft and not strip like most shampoos. It has a earthy medicine smell to it.

Popular Shampoos