Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo

Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo

3.2

Deionized Water, Decyl Glucoside (Coconut Oil), African Black Soap, Salicylic Acid, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Seed Oil, Charcoal Powder, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed (Jojoba) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Oil*, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Vitamin E, Rosemary Extract, Plantain Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Wonderful, natural cruelty-free shampoo that clarifies and leaves the scalp balanced and the hair cuticles feeling squeaky clean! :) Will repurchase!

on 3/25/2016 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I wish this worked well for me, but my hair scalp seems to love sulfates. I've had mild scalp psoriasis most of my adult life and have been looking for a more gentle treatment than T-Gel. I've been using this for about a month 2 times a week and I really haven't noticed my scalp clearing up. I have to wash my hair at least twice weekly or my scalp patches really start building up and itching/flaking. This hasn't prolonged the time I can go between washes and the patches are still on my scalp. I also have to use a lot of this product to really saturate my hair to insure proper cleaning of my scalp. Even so, my hair and scalp never feel "clean". Like I stated before, I think my scalp just needs strong sulfates to cleanse properly.

To Read all 14 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this cause I tend to get buildup on my scalp. But this is too weak. I had to reshampoo my hair a few times and it still felt like it didn't do anything. Maybe my hairs too thick and the lather is too light? I dont know it just didn't work. Probably would work best for someone with thin hair.

on 8/31/2015 11:59:00 AM

I had high hopes for this as a clarifying shampoo, but it did not work for me at all. It did deep cleanse my scalp and hair, but it left my hair extremely dry, and both my hair and scalp got dirty/greasy feeling again almost immediately.

You should smell this before purchase of you can, because I found the scent to be very off putting, like an over ripe rotting plastic banana. The scent didn't linger in my hair, but was unpleasant to use in the shower. Obviously not the shampoo for me!

on 8/4/2015 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This get my hair clean and leaves it feeling very soft and not strip like most shampoos. It has a earthy medicine smell to it.

on 6/22/2015 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Well maybe I just got a weird bottle, but I felt like this really didn't cleanse my scalp effectively. It always felt like within a day my roots were greasy. Maybe it's because I'm used to using sulphates. At least it didn't dry the crap out of my scalp like the Hibiscus and Coconut shampoo did, so there's that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I purchased this to use as a clarifying shampoo. I will not purchase it again. It made my hair extremely hard. I will stick with my Aubrey's Green Tea shampoo.

on 4/9/2015 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I purchased this as my new clarifying shampoo. Iíve been natural for three years now and I still enjoy trying new products. Iíve used this shampoo three times and can say without a doubt that itís one of the WORST Iíve ever used. It does get my scalp really clean, no flakes left behind and thatís great. However, the more I use it, the drier my (3C/4A) strands! And I only clarify once a month, but my hair is no longer soft and my curls arenít as springy as before so I have to return the half empty bottle to Sallyís. Itís going to take a lot of deep conditioning to get my hair in order again. Definitely not a win for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love the way this shampoo smells, a bit earthy (woodsy) with a hint of banana (from the plantain). I had rubbed castor oil which is very thick all over my scalp because I'm trying to get a section of hair to grow faster (baaaaaad uneven haircut). This shampoo washed the thick oil right out with no issues. I only needed a little for it to lather. I will use this every two weeks to clarify since I use a lot of shea moisture stuff. My hair is 3a/3b/3c, low porosity, medium density, and medium strand thickness

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This DOES what it claims. I was losing hair in patches and had itchy, flaky scalp. I went to the doctor and he said that I had patch psoriasis. Since I also have non-celiac gluten sensitivity I scrambled to get a gluten free shampoo (had been using the expensive infomercial shampoo, which left my hair great but had WHEAT in it, hence the consequences)

This shampoo and mask not only calmed my scalp immediately, it works on my face and has cleared my complexion without drying it, leaving it smooth and pores less open, so blackheads are gone too! Wut! I'm so sold.

The scent isn't great but it's not awful and I have problems with strong scents, so if I tolerate it, most people will. It's not overwhelmingly sweet.

My hair grew back, thank you very much, and my scalp no longer itches or gets red! And the mask is spectacular... Very soothing.

That said, I have been using it for a couple of months and my hair did turn straw-like. So today I went to get their other shampoos, masks and conditioners, which are also gluten free to repair my hair now that my scalp calmed down.

Overall, I love that this line is natural, vegan, etc... I know I'm not putting poison on my head which your entire body absorbs. I'm very happy to have found it.

I'm not sure if this line is meant for "ethnic hair" and I see some of it is to transition to "natural" hairstyle, but I am Caucasian with a 2b type curl, frizzy and blonde. Just wanted to add that in case someone has questions as to if it is just for one type hair. It's not. It works just as well.

The price is reasonable too! I have no complaints in that it does what it's meant to do! Please don't go out of business, b/c every time I find something I love, it disappears from the market. I'm not changing lines any time soon. Thanks

Popular Shampoos