Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo

Filtered by age: 36-43
Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo

2.6

Deionized Water, Decyl Glucoside (Coconut Oil), African Black Soap, Salicylic Acid, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Seed Oil, Charcoal Powder, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed (Jojoba) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Oil*, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Vitamin E, Rosemary Extract, Plantain Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract

on 10/14/2017 8:05:00 PM

New Formula Is Not Good At All!!!
The "deep cleansing" shampoo left my hair more greasy than before my wash and left my hair soooo weighed down. Before the new formula, the shampoo served to treat dandruff (a common problem I suffered from), psoriasis, and eczema. Now, Shea Moisture changed the purpose of the shampoo to calm dry scalp (less versatility in solving specific hair problems). In addition, the original formula had so many natural ingredients. The only chemical sounding ingredient was salycilic acid. Now, the formula has 3 more heavy oils and about 2 more rows of chemical ingredients. The original formula was a god sent, it gave me a lot of volume, no flakes, and no itchiness. Why Shea Moisture? Why did you ruin my favorite hair product????
So dissapointed..
Shea Moisture, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I purchased this to use as a clarifying shampoo. I will not purchase it again. It made my hair extremely hard. I will stick with my Aubrey's Green Tea shampoo.

on 4/9/2015 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I purchased this as my new clarifying shampoo. Ive been natural for three years now and I still enjoy trying new products. Ive used this shampoo three times and can say without a doubt that its one of the WORST Ive ever used. It does get my scalp really clean, no flakes left behind and thats great. However, the more I use it, the drier my (3C/4A) strands! And I only clarify once a month, but my hair is no longer soft and my curls arent as springy as before so I have to return the half empty bottle to Sallys. Its going to take a lot of deep conditioning to get my hair in order again. Definitely not a win for me.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

My hair is natural - rather curly and dry. The only chemicals i use is store bought hair dye to cover the grey (sorry but i cross the line at going grey in my thirties, i will fight that every step.) I've switched over to using more natural products lately in my whole regime. Although i have heard of the Shea Moisture products before, i never used them until i stumbled upon them at Target. I don't normally use shampoo on my hair, unless i need to clarify from product build up. I've been using African Black soap (the bar) on my face for the last year, so i know the lovely cleansing properties it has. My hair was in protective twists for the last two weeks. I would only take them down, to moisturize, detangle, and then retwist. Using the Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque first, i washed everything out with the African Black Soap Cleansing Shampoo. My biggest fear was tangles, which usually happens when i use shampoo. Washing my hair in sections - untwisting, rinsing, and retwisting - helped keep some of the snags away. There was some, but it wasn't a mess. As expected it did leave my hair squeaky clean, which can mean a little on the less moisture side, BUT it wasn't a nightmare. It didn't feel brittle, there wasn't clumps of tangles which i've had in the past with other shampoos. Although this is was my first time using this, i do believe i will keep it within my routine of once a month clarification from my co-washes.

on 4/2/2012 11:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This shampoo has been a Godsend! Nothing, OTC or Rx, has been able to touch my itchy scalp for the last 2-3 years. From apple cider vinegar to sulfur, I have tried it. This product is hands-down the best so far. You can only buy it from Target and Walgreens. The label says this is for itchy scalp, eczema, dandruff, psoriasis, etc. It does have an earthy smell to it, but it does not linger. Your hair will be squeaky clean, so you will need a nice, hydrating conditioner afterwards. I will say that it has not conquered all of the itch, so I also use their Elixir and am going to try the Purification Hair Masque tomorrow.

I have also found an unintended effect of the shampoo - it has faded the hyperpigmentation on my face! I had ordered some black soap face wash and thought, "What the heck, I'll try the shampoo on my face until it gets here; can't hurt." Within a few days I noticed my spots were fading. After using the face wash for a week or so, I noticed my spots were coming back. Now that I've gone back to the shampoo on my face, they are almost completely gone. I don't know if that will work for everybody, but it does for me.

Popular Shampoos