Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo

Filtered by age: 30-35
Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo

3.3

Deionized Water, Decyl Glucoside (Coconut Oil), African Black Soap, Salicylic Acid, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Seed Oil, Charcoal Powder, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed (Jojoba) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Oil*, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Vitamin E, Rosemary Extract, Plantain Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this shampoo!! I finally found a store near me in Canada that stocks it and I'm thrilled. I've always used Head and Shoulders because anything else would leave me with an itchy scalp. I colour my hair so I've always been looking for something else that would cut the itch but be gentler on my colour and this is it! Been using it for a month and no itchy scalp. Love the smell and I usually hate scented products.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Wonderful, natural cruelty-free shampoo that clarifies and leaves the scalp balanced and the hair cuticles feeling squeaky clean! :) Will repurchase!

on 6/22/2015 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Well maybe I just got a weird bottle, but I felt like this really didn't cleanse my scalp effectively. It always felt like within a day my roots were greasy. Maybe it's because I'm used to using sulphates. At least it didn't dry the crap out of my scalp like the Hibiscus and Coconut shampoo did, so there's that.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Honestly it is not the worst shampoo I have tried but it did not work for me. Silly me forgot to read the ingredients and used it several times. Next thing I know, my scalp was on fire. Read over the ingredients (like I should have in the first place) and found out that it contains tea tree oil. I still had a full bottle left so I left in the communal bathroom so hopefully someone will take it off my hands.

Another con about this product is that the bottle that I have purchased was so runny, I was was shocked on how runny it was because other shampoos in this brand are pretty thick. So ladies with itchy scalp and not allergic to tea tree oil, check the consistency of the product by shaking it. If it sounds watery, find something else. Personally I felt that it didn't cleanse my scalp well but I only used it a handful of times so I cannot give it a fair assessment.

Popular Shampoos