BeneFit Cosmetics BADgal Waterproof Mascara

BeneFit Cosmetics BADgal Waterproof Mascara

2.8

I really love this mascara, it has fantastic applicator and applies very smoothly with no clumps. The mascara is very long wearing and it does not smudge. It is a high impact mascara that that is very buildable for dramatic looks or one coat creates a very natural look. The only thing I don't like about it is that it takes a while to dry after application, however it is worth the wait!

on 3/14/2018 8:18:00 PM

My, this is terrible mascara. It clumps and clumps and clumps. It is so goopy when it comes out, and I have to use a kleenex to pull the extra product out of my eyelashes. I was happy to get it, so I am disappointed. What were they thinking?

on 12/14/2015 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm not a big fan is this mascara, at all.

First of all, the brush is ridiculously large... My eyelashes aren't particularly short, and my eyes aren't small, either. This brush is so big, it's practically impossible to not end up with mascara on your eyelid, in my experience... It doesn't help add any curl/volume/length that I noticed.

The formula doesn't appeal to me, either. I find it quite blotchy, and it seems to dry out super fast.

Benefit's other mascaras are my absolute holy grails, I don't know why this one is so useless. They're not exactly cheap, either- this particular one just feels like a waste of money to me, it just feels like a not-so-great drugstore mascara.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

When I purchase a waterproof mascara, that's exactly what I expect it to be - waterproof. For day to day makeup, I wear regular mascara. But when I'm traveling in the summer, I always pick up a tube of waterproof mascara. While I wouldn't put on mascara specifically to go to the pool, I don't want to have to remember to take it off when we go swimming. I expect my waterproof mascara to be able to withstand this without giving me raccoon eyes.

I usually pick Lancome Hypnose Drama Waterproof, but I noticed the BADgal Waterproof was about $10 cheaper. I like Benefit products and the mascara had good reviews, so I decided to give it a chance. I'm glad I had the opportunity to test this before leaving on vacation because this mascara is not truly waterproof.

When I purchase waterproof mascara, I always test it out by wearing it in the shower. I take my shower as usual, letting the water splash me in the face a few times and gently rubbing it away afterward. How the mascara survives this test is usually a good indicator of how it will perform in the pool for me.

A good waterproof mascara is able to withstand this with little to no flaking and no smudging. When I got out of the shower, I was extremely disappointed to see that the BADgal Waterproof Mascara had flaked everywhere. There was also moderate smudging, though not full on raccoon eyes. I tested it three times with the same results. I was extremely disappointed in its performance and returned it for the Hypnose Drama Waterproof that I should have purchased in the first place.

I did like how the BADgal mascara made my lashes look. I would consider purchasing the regular version in the future as an everyday mascara. But I would not recommend this if you are looking for a waterproof mascara.

on 10/13/2014 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

BG: I have straight, medium-length lashes that works best/holds a curl with waterproof/dry forumlas.

This mascara does an excellent job at lengthening and separating, it never clumps up on me even as I apply additional coats. It doesn't do much in terms of volume, but it still really defines my lashes while still looking natural. In addition it doesn't flake on me, and it's easy to remove. There is also no scent to this product.

The only downsides are in the pricing and value.. It's a lot to pay for a skinny tube of mascara. The tube is about as thin as a sharpie. But, I mean it does its job well so the price could be justified to some.

on 10/20/2013 5:27:00 PM

I love the packaging. It is not worth the price for a mascara. I am often lured by packaging only to pay to much and be disappointed. This is how I feel about this mascara. Its not horrible but not wow either. I find covergirl mascara better at a cheaper price. This coated my lashes but really did nothing for the length.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i would personally prefer a Maybelline mascara. this one doesnt do too much. Put it this way, if you're looking for something that is waterproof, this one actually does a pretty good job. But if you're looking for something that gives more volume to your lashes, pick a maybelline one. they work much better. the packaging is pretty awesome though. I love benefit packagings!

Does a good job at the waterproof. But thats pretty much it. Maybelline's mascaras are waaaaaay better than this and cost much cheaper. The only thing this mascara did for me is make my lashes appear thicker. No volume, no length. Thankfully, I didn't buy this myself. When I finish it, I'm not buying it again!

on 5/22/2013 10:02:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've used drug store mascaras that can do better than this. It does lengthen and hold a curl really well, but it's just not pigmented enough. If it were as dark as the original formula, I might have considered repurchasing.

on 4/29/2013 12:13:00 AM

Comes off with a regular cleanser but stays put all day.