Eucerin Professional Repair Extremely Dry Skin Lotion

Eucerin Professional Repair Extremely Dry Skin Lotion
Professional Repair Extremely Dry Skin Lotion

4.4

Water, Urea, Glycerin, Isopropyl Stearate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glyceryl Glucoside, Sodium Lactate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Nylon 12, Polyglyceryl 4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Arginine HCL, Sodium PCA, Lactic Acid, Carnitine, Mannitol, Serine, Sucrose, Citrulline, Glycogen, Histidine HCL, Ceramide 3, Alanine, Threonine, Glutamic Acid, Lysine HCL, Sodium Chloride, 1,2 Hexanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate

on 7/30/2017 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I honestly have no idea what to rating to give this lotion, because even though I love the results it gave me, it's also kind of, well, nasty, and I definitely would not be using it if I had better options available to me.

Let's start with why I wanted a lotion with a high amount of urea in it in the first place. Urea is a chemical that is famous for being in pee, but it actually has lots of uses in the body. One of these is that it can dissolve the gluey stuff that keeps skin cells sticking together as they move up through the skin layers before being sloughed off and exfoliated. So if you're like me and have a very stubborn, thick stratum corneum layer on your feet that refuses to slough off in a timely manner, applying a urea-based lotion every night will clear that up in a couple of weeks and make your feet look like they belong to a human instead of Samwise Gamgee. Which is fantastic, obviously.

That said, this urea-based lotion definitely smells like pee, and it feels really thin, tacky and sticky. It's just not a pleasant feeling at all. I don't know why it's like this, considering that there are a ton of really nice urea-based creams sold in Europe that do not smell or feel anywhere near this gross. But the fact remains that unless you're willing to pay a buttload for international shipping, this will be your only option for a high percentage urea cream in most of the US.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in the winter when I had very dry skin, and I had high hopes for this lotion, because the ingredients are excellent. I love that urea is the second ingredient, but I'm skeptical about how effect the AHA's are, because they are not at the top of the ingredient list.

This didn't cut it for my dry skin. AmLactin helped me the most, I recommend it if you want an effective AHA with payoff.

I do like that this doesn't make my skin too sticky, and absorbs quickly. I think I will keep this around for low-key days, but I don't reach for this when my skin is at its driest.

on 4/7/2016 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

My dermatologist recommended this and it's pretty much magical for dry Chicago winters. It's fragrance-free, which is important to me, and a great price point. Only caveats: it can take a bit longer to dry than most lotions, it may be too heavy for summer wear (I'll see) and it's hell to try to get out of the bottle when you're on the last 1/3 of it.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I really like this body lotion and the fact that it is fragrance free is a bonus. It contains a host of active ingredients to gently exfoliate, heal and repair the natural moisture barrier of the skin. I find this to be an effective product when used immediately after a shower or bath. Has urea, alpha hydroxy acid, glycerin, ceramide 3, shea butter and amino acids. Great product at an affordable price.

on 6/3/2015 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Got a free sample from local dermatologist.
Contains AHAs so take heed of the sun!

Light textured/light weight lotion with Gluco-Glycerol (and AHAs).
decent for use on arms, legs and body. Good for non-sensitive types in the winter.

Picked up another sample at the same derm's office a few months later. For free? This is just fine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was looking for a lotion with acids in it as it helps with bumps and ingrown hairs on my legs. I couldn't get pass the smell. Urea is high on the ingredients list which causes this smell.

on 1/18/2015 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have cronic dryness from knees to feet, sometimes my skin looked like snake's skin seriously, and none of my previous moisturizers showed any significant improvement as this Eucerin does, the wellness still shows even next day after applied, it seems its not something superficial, this lotion really penetrates on skin layers as my skin doesnt look anymore cracked, and ive been using it only since two weeks ago.
This lotion has a pretty light consistency, first time I tried it,I felt kind of a relieve on skin but wasnt expecting much from it being so light, it doesnt has any oilness that I can feel, and its absorbed soo fast, which is a plus for me ; price it's unbeatable for such a great performance of this product.
I will keep using this product as my main skin dryness helper, cause none of my doctor's recommendation for this issue worked before. And Eucerin professional repair(200ml) is very effective for my skin, Im so happy with it! I also recommend the Eucerin smoothing repair from the same line, that has the same formula than this one but less concentrated, this is the one I use for the rest of my body, cause is has a bigger size(500 ml) but also works well, ive added a pic of it above.

on 10/17/2014 2:02:00 PM

MIRACLE PRODUCT. My skin: combination. Dry texture with oil on top. Flakes and peels. Acne prone at times and slightly sensitive. Overall: 5 price:2 . I purchased for 8$ and I feel it is a very cheep price but for some may be moderately spendy. Packaging:4 it can come out a little fast for the product is a bit runny. Like I said, MIRACLE PRODUCT. My skin varies day to day and I used this in the past and recently revisited it because, though I am only 15, I do use microdermabrasion in aid of acne and severe dryness and fine lines and flaking. But after some over use my skin was MANIC and nothing , no ponds cream or olive oil was healing it. Until I repurchased this. It feels filmy on your hands so I always wash after application but lightweight on skin. At least to my dry dry skin. I have NO BREAKOUTS witch is CRAZY because ponds and neutrogena all break me out! And this stuff is heavy duty! I love it and I would so recommend this. Give it a try !

on 1/29/2014 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After buying many various creams in hopes of soothing my dry, peeling cracked hands, I bought this, not expecting much. It is just a thin boring white fragrance free lotion, but the ingredients absolutely make a difference to repair of skin barrier. It does not absorb right away, but instead leaves a thin film, not really greasy, nor the silicone "dry" touch of most other heavy duty hand creams. This light residue is fine with me, as it almost instantly relieves irritation and that parched feeling. Where other creams only partially masked symptoms, my skin feels as if it is healing with this product.
And I have even used it on my face with no problem. It is not a heavy lotion at all. Well worth a try, though may be hard to find with all the iterations of Eucerin available, most stores do not carry all of the line. Worth ordering on-line if not in a store near you.

on 7/25/2013 5:45:00 PM

I watched a dermatology conference video on glyceryl glucoside and was impressed, so decided to try this (info may also be found on a PubMed search). This body lotion contains 10 percent urea as well as AHA's and ceramides. So far I am really loving this and my skin feels very soft and hydrated all day. It is not sticky, and has no scent. Absolutely recommended and much more effective than AMLactin for me.