4.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

Used this for my face and it’s done wonders! It’s noncomedogenic, so it won’t clog pores. Redness/scarring went away and texture improved! However the consistency does take getting used to and it’s a bit greasy to use during the daytime w makeup. A little goes a long way as well.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

3.0

3 years ago

Pros: moisturizes, soothes, natural, heavy duty. Cons: very solid and hard to be scooped out of the container. Greasy. I like frankincense and myrrh smell but with this products it is way too sweet I hardly can smell any frankincense and it really gives me headache and kind turns my stomach.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

Age30-35

HairOther

EyesOther

3 years ago

I had intended to only purchase hair products from the Shea Moisture website. When I say they had shea butter fragranced with frankincense and myrrh I knew I had to have it. Mine arrived very gritty and crystallized, but it was pretty easy to fix. The fragrance is sumptuous and rich, if you are a fan patchouli this may be up your alley. Product is thick and almost solid at room temperature, but quickly melts with body heat. Excellent for parched patches like elbows, knees, and feet.

About reviewer (574 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

This stuff is great! Very moisturizing itself and seals moisture into the skin. I'm a big fan of shea butter as my skin doesn't tolerate chemical or physical sunscreen and shea butter on it's own has an SPF of 6 and does not break my skin out. It fills in fine lines and keeps my skin looking plump which I love because I don't have to rely on chemicals to plump up my skin or wear a makeup primer. It melts very quickly, applies smoothly and I don't need much to get the job done, maybe a finger nail size amount. This Shea Moisture shea butter I bought due to it including frankincense and myrrh which are a powerhouse for skin when combined. Myrrh is anti inflammatory and contains antioxidants, is antiseptic and astringent. Frankincense does the same as well as fade scars and is relaxing to the mind. The scent of SM's shea with Frankincense and Myrrh is amazing! It smells like a higher end fragrance and if they made it into a fragrance on it's own I'd wear it. Since though it smells like a blended perfume I'm a little concerned if there is any artificial fragrance added to the product. I have essential oils of frankincense and myrrh and they are much more potent and earthy and the frankincense and myrrh in this shea butter blend smells very soft and slightly of vanilla. Either way though it's a great item and it's a great multi tasker for face, body and hair. I can get a full pound of raw shea butter from Mountain Rose herbs for a few dollars more than it costs to get a little container of this. So because of that fact I'm not sure I'll buy this product again unless I'm still in love with the fragrance in this when I run out. EDIT 10/19/17 Discovered that Shea Moisture now makes the Frankincense & Myrrh scent in a stand alone oil! They call it Beauty Hack oil and it's under $4 for a bottle! WOOHOOOOOO!!! The oil is meant to mix into their other product items to be kind to DIY thing. I just wear a drop of the oil alone and it's wonderful!

About reviewer (648 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

6 years ago

I'm obsessed with this. Very very rich body butter for very dry skin. It's a thick consistency that you rub between your hands until it turns into almost an oil. I love it for winter when I'm really dry and itchy. It's easy to overdo this. You have to spread it but the results are so worth it! One use every few days in winter keeps my skin like silk. Amazing!!!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

HairBlond

EyesGreen

6 years ago

I love this lotion. It smells amazing! I use this with it's body wash counterpart and my skin has been so hydrated. I have two holy grail moisturizers and this is my drugstore love. My only gripe is the packaging. My Target only has it in a bottle and it's so thick it can be hard to get out. I will hunt for the tub version. Love it!

About reviewer (66 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrown

EyesBlue

7 years ago

I love this company. I have an urge to go buy up the product before they either hike the price (because it is quality ingredients and it does hydrate) or for whatever reason they discontinue it. I have the driest skin on my body and this is wonderful for both body and hair. The smell is light and is my favorite but if you dislike it, there is a lotion (olive oil and green tea) with nearly no fragrance, just very fresh. I can't go wrong here. I've used all the moisturizers and its rare I come back to one more than twice.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Other

HairBrown

EyesHazel

7 years ago

Bought this product on a whim to try. My skin (body) is super dry and only gets worst as the winter season approaches. This left my skin buttery soft. Having used super expensive shea butter products before I was expecting some great results and I got it. The scent is also phenomenal! However this product will not sink right into your skin. It leaves somewhat of a slightly tacky barrier. It doesn't bother me in the least but it might bother some who would prefer a more squeaky clean finish. I would not recommend using this product if you don't have dry skin, it would just sit there. I didn't try this on my face like others have. I imagine it would clog my pores and be way too thick. My face is oily combo and acne prone. Definitely would repurchase!

About reviewer (222 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

7 years ago

I'm 24. I have combination skin even on my body: dry in the morning, greasy by the end of the day, regardless of whether I used a moisturizer. I also have keratosis pilaris and acne on my upper back. Deep, painful cysts, whiteheads, inflamed patches. After trying AHAs, BHAs, scrubbing like mad, and every aggressive zit-killing product, I was left with a minefield on my back and rock bottom self esteem. With nothing left to lose, I decided to go the opposite route: gentle and natural. HOLY CRAP was that the best thing I have ever done. This route takes longer, but the results last. It took about a week to notice a difference in appearance, and months for it to completel clear, but it worked. I used an oil-based soap with a soft fabric mitt, and applied this as soon as I got out of the shower. Using rough exfolators and aggressive products kiled bacteria...but wreaked havoc on my actual skin. I still have a few scars, and the occasional zit here or there. I can deal with it. Any old shea butter will work, but make sure it is raw/unrefined to get the maximum healing benefits! *******I STRONGLY recommend using individual oils/butters before a mixture. Lots of butters will combine diffrent oils, but not every oil goes with everyone's skin! Many people swear by argan oil, which did nothing for me, and cocoa butter, which gave me the worst acne of my life. So there's that. Try different things, always do a patch test, and don't give up! :)

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age19-24

HairBlond

EyesBlue

7 years ago

Seems pretty ANYTHING I buy from this brand is outstanding and this product is no exception. This is a solid mass of raw shea butter that has some essential oils in it (it has kind of a "hippie" smell that I rather like). This is definitely the type of uber-rich product to use sparingly on super dry areas. Interestingly enough, right after I got this, I used it right away on some patches of dermatitis I have had around my ears and on my forehead for several months... and this cleared those patches up almost instanteously! This product is recommended as a healing and soothing agent and it has very much proven to be so. I plan on using this on my cuticles, elbow, and any other super dry patches that I have. I may even try a little in my hair. **Love this for "scrunching out the crunch" after my hair dries with gel in it.

About reviewer (88 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool