NYX Retractable Eye Liner (All)

NYX Retractable Eye Liner (All)
Retractable Eye Liner (All)Retractable Eye Liner (All)Retractable Eye Liner (All)Retractable Eye Liner (All)Retractable Eye Liner (All)

3.6

UPDATED REVIEW I gave this 5 stars at first. Great formula & pigment - creamy and blendable. Quality itself is fine. But the amount of liner in here is VERY little. You'd think it would be alot, as the pencil is standard size, but inside there's much less formula than the packaging makes it seem since it's retractable. In this way they can get away with hiding how much is really inside the pencil. I used this for a month and it's gone. I do wear liner every day, but not heavy at all. I only line the outer corner of my eye. All my other lines last 3 -4 months if not longer. How did this get used up so fast? What a ripoff, I'm sticking with Rimmel.

on 9/14/2017 12:49:00 PM

The colour payoff, and the color choices are not bad. Packaging is also really handy, I'm a big fan of retractable auto eyeliners because I'm really lazy about constantly sharpening pencil eyeliners. I've also had a close encounter of almost poking my eyeball with a sharp side of a pencil liner (so never again).

My makeup style is natural, therefore I used this (the brown one) to tight line my eyes, and also draw line at the ends, to elongate it.

This eyeliner sucks, not only did it give me panda eyes, it disappeared as well.

I'm trying to make use of the money so I'm trying to use all of it-- but I don't know, panda eyes? Mm-- no.

on 11/25/2016 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not the greatest ever. I like it because I like how it smudges for smokier looks but it's to soft for any real defined lines. It's not waterproof at all though since it collects bad in the corners of your eyes.

on 12/21/2016 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The only good thing for this eyeliner is the packaging, no need sharpening, just twist up. But don't twist it up too much thou' it's easily broken/snapped.
the texture is creamy and soft, but it makes me difficult to get a thin line.
After apply for 20-30 minutes, it's started to smudge and dang! i have panda eyes... ugh!
i think it's a waterproof one, because it's not pretty easy for me to remove the panda eyes with tap water.

If you like to apply for smoky eyes look, maybe this is the eyeliner you're looking for.

on 5/12/2017 10:44:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Omg what a great product! I have tried lots of different liners for the waterline and it just never worked well. You have to press too hard and go back and forth too many times to get enough color, on and on. Sometimes they are too soft and it ends up in your lashes. Not so with this NYX silver color retractable liner! Smooth application, just the right amount of pigment with one or two swipes, and the color is gorgeous! This can't get any better!

on 8/29/2017 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This isn't a terrible product. The pencil part is creamy, and I like that it's a retractable pencil, so you don't need to sharpen it. However, the tip breaks easily when you use it. Also, since the tip is so small, it's hard to get the eyeliner to glide onto your lid without tugging. I've used this product for weeks, and I still haven't managed to get it to go on without tugging and smudging. The Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl eyeliner goes on far more smoothly. However, the NYX eyeliner is more smudge-proof than the Scandaleyes, and the packaging of the NYX pencil is definitely better.

Overall, it's OK. The price is pretty low and the packaging is convenient, but I don't like it enough to repurchase.

on 3/18/2016 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have the white (which I like) and the navy (which is truly awful). The navy color does not last and smears almost immediately upon application. Not sure if the wear is different from one color to the next but I don't recommend the navy at all.

on 4/21/2016 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I don't understand the lukewarm reviews of this eyeliner because it's one of the best I've ever used. I have it in Brown which is a dark brown. It goes on very easily with no dragging of the skin and with a nice fine line. I like it easily as much as MAC eye pencil and will definitely repurchase.

on 10/18/2016 11:55:00 PM

When Jane decided to rebrand and my go-to undereye liner in Rose Gold was no longer available, I tried this liner in "Silky Cashmere" and found it to be an excellent replacement. The shade is a rosy/pinky nude/taupe with a bit of shimmer/metallic. The color is subtle enough for daytime wear but still makes a noticeable and lovely difference. Great pigmentation.

The formula is creamy but not overly soft, glides on smoothly and smudges/blends easily right after application. Fine tip and twist up mechanism makes application a breeze. It lasts all day (12+ hours) without bleeding, fading or smearing. This eyeliner is also billed as waterproof and while the staying power is quite good, it doesn't absolutely necessitate using an eye makeup remover.

Recomend it!

on 8/17/2016 3:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love the color, but I do not like the formula of this eyeliner. It is very hard and impossible to smudge. I do agree that it is waterproof on the top line, but not in the water line. It is actually too hard to use in my water line and irritates my eyes.