L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil

L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil
Almond Shower OilL'Occitane Almond Shower Oil - smells divine!!

4.4

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tipa-Laureth Sulfate, Laureth-4, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Parfum/Fragrance, Cocamide Mea, Propylene Glycol Butyl Ether, Sorbitan Oleate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Aqua/Water, Limonene, Coumarin, Linalool

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I adore this shower gel. It leaves my skin so soft! It works into a slight lather; scent is light and pleasant. It works really well for shaving too. I go through it quickly and it’s on the expensive side. But I don’t need heavy duty lotion after so I will keep buying it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a bit like DHC's cleansing oil (or any other brands') but for the body! It's a light golden, fragrant liquid which emulsifies upon contact with water. Main ingredient in here is antioxidant-rich Grapeseed oil and a few other goodies too. I love the fragrance but it does seem to have been toned down since I last used this some years back. Unlike many of the other L'Occitane shower and hand cleansing formulations, this one does not leave your skin feeling dry. However I sometimes find it a bit too emollient as a shower product and tend to use only in winter when my skin can really use the extra boost of hydration. I follow with the 'Almond Supple Skin oil' to really lock in that moisture. Got this in the limited edition large size so can see it lasting forever.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is heaven in a bottle! The oil turns to a foaming cleanser when it makes contact with water so it takes the place of shower gels that can often be too drying. You can even use this to shave in the shower. The scent is sweet and warm, leaving your skin soft and smooth all day long. The scent is light enough to be there without being overpowering. This is going to be a holy grail bath and body product now.

Like others have stated, the smell is super nice. Especially after the shower. However its not as moisturising as I would have hoped, not at all really. Which is mainly why I bought it.

But it is nice though, its a dense consistency, so dense that when you smear it on its hot for a second and then turns into a delicious smelling foam. Its not sticky, oily or sitting on the skin and I was left without oily residue on my bathroom floor.

I suppose it might be better in a tub? Soaking in it for a longer time? I don't know. Let me know if anyone out there tries that!

on 1/31/2017 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Did they change the ingredients on this one? It seems the fragrance has been toned down. Used to be my favorite. Wont be repurchasing as i hv always been using it for the beautiful fragrance, now its just a weak scent.

on 12/26/2016 11:21:00 PM

Expensive and the fragrance is overpowering while using, but otherwise great stuff.

on 12/12/2016 8:15:00 PM

Yeppp

on 12/12/2016 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product..I use it and my skin looks and feels and smells wonderful..

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I decided to treat myself to a L'occitane travel kit when I went away for a weekend the other day. I have to say, L'occitane products are very expensive! I thought this particular shower oil was going to be messy and leave a slippery surface in the shower... But no, it is a dream to use. It feels very nourishing and pampering yet turn into a non oily milk when rinsed. Really nice. I thought it would leave my skin really moisturized but it only moisturizes slightly. It's ok, it's a shower gel, not a lotion. One downside, though, is that is doesn't last very long. Because it doesn't foam, I always ended up using quite a lot. I also don't like the packaging which is cute but not very practical. Luckily this is so fluid that it can be poured easily. The smell is ok but I don't particularly like it. It obviously smells like almonds, which I would normally like. I wouldn't purchase this in isolation, considering the very high price for a nice yet unremarkable product. Nice in a travel set, though!

Used this for years still love it. Great for shaving too