Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick in Buffest Beige

Revlon Buffest Beige ColorStay Liquid Lipstick

4.3

on 3/11/2018 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I am very pleasantly surprised by this liquid lipstick. I'm NC30 and have pigmented lips and I have never found a nude lip product that I've been happy with. They always kind of make me look like I'm in the morgue - just colorless and dead and a little grey in the lips. But this color actually works for me! I'm so happy with it. I apply it in two light layers and put a bit of gloss on top. It has a tiny bit of shimmer and lasts for hours. My new favorite!

on 7/26/2012 10:00:00 AM

Color - Buffest Beige is a neutral nude-beige with faint shimmer. It's a great nude lipcolor for me (AAB/NC25) - the kind of nude where your lips nearly blend into your skintone and it de-emphasizes the lips. Pairs well with a dramatic eye. NYX Round Lipstick in Cream is similar but frosty.

Product - The directions say to apply in a very thin layer, and practice confirms this is the best method. You can always add another layer if needed. The lipcolor provides very dense coverage, so you don't need much to get the proper color effect. It dries slowly so you have plenty of time to work with it, which I appreciate. It is a little tacky during the 5 minutes or so it takes to dry; later on, if you smoosh your lips together, it still feels slightly tacky (but no more so than with regular lipstick, IMO). However, to the touch (i.e., kissing, etc) the lips feel satiny-dry and smooth and definitely not tacky. No weird feel or taste when I lick my lips during the day. Dries to a satin finish and true to the color in the tube. Excellent staying power, with no change in coverage or texture. Lasts through meals, much to my excitement. Requires oil-based makeup remover or cleanser to remove. Best of all, it doesn't dry out my lips!

Product Comparisons - The two-step (color plus topcoat) systems like MF Lipfinity and CG Outlast did not work well for me: the lipcolor dried way too fast and made my lips dry and peel horribly. Plus I don't like to be bothered with carrying around and touching up with a special top coat all day long.

Packaging - The cylindrical tube is transparent so you can see the shade inside (a good thing) and the black screw-top houses a flocked doe-foot wand. The overall size is bigger, thicker than I would have preferred, but since I don't have to take this with me to reapply, this is moot. Personally I would also prefer a squared shape, just so it won't roll around on the counter :)

Overall - Love this product and the shade is an excellent nude for me. continued >>

on 3/30/2012 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Buffest Beige is a beige-nude lip color.it's a liquid that becomes a more dry and matte lipstick.it's got little shimmers in it.i apply a lip gloss over it,to keep it moist. Perfect for summer! Love it!

on 10/30/2011 10:47:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

When I saw the color, I had to get it. It's a light-medium caramel beige w/ a hint of peach. There's shimmer in it but it's not noticeable at all. It reminded me of MAC's Natural Flare cremesheen glass (from Semi-Precious - summer 2011) which I love so I just had to try this out. The texture & formula is very much like all of the other "overtime" lip products out there so it's on the dry side. It's a thick product so the best way I wore this was by applying carmex/chapstick first & then applying the product. Give it a minute or so to dry & then reapply some lip balm on top. I wore this through a cup of coffee & a snack. I must say, it really does last. I did have to reapply some lip balm every now & then (b/c my lips felt so dry) but for the most part, the staying power is great. I don't know if it would last 24hrs like the Revlon site states but it does last a long while. The shade is great, the texture isn't my cup of tea. If you like long lasting items like this, then this product is definitely for you.