New York Color Matte Me Crazy

New York Color Matte Me Crazy

4.2

on 11/16/2016 8:21:00 PM

I wanted a matte look for my manicure, saw this at Target and thought I'd give it a try since it was so cheap. As soon as I put it on, my nail started turning white - as someone else mentioned, kind of like a crackle polish. I'm not sure why this would happen. Maybe it's an old bottle. It's definitely matte but it's not exactly the look I was going for.

on 9/20/2016 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I agree with the other reviewer who said this doesn't really turn out very matte, it just looks like a very cheap, poor quality top coat. Semi shiny. Blah. Maybe I got a bad bottle? Otherwise I love NYC polishes. Great quality for the price.

To Read all 38 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/14/2016 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Bought this on a whim because it was only around $2 at Walmart, and I wanted a mattifying nail polish to try. And to be real, I've never been happier. I refell in love the moment my nails dried and I had beautiful matte nails. PROS: dries matte instantly (by the time I move onto the next nail, the previous one would already be dry), insanely inexpensive and I've only ever really put one layer. CONS: (not necessarily a con but) will matte everything (confusing I know). What I mean is, if there's a spec of dust, or bubbles (from thick nail polish) or streakiness (from translucent nail polish, it'll matte that up! And although it dries matte instantly it doesn't mean the nail polish isn't completely dry (a bit tricky) so just wait a bit :-) So so SO recommend this product for a mattifying nail polish!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This matte topcoat is fantastic, and super cheap. I haven't had issues with it not working or cracking, and I've used it over 3 or 4 different colors already. Always a great matte finish that I've noticed keeps my nails from chipping. Also, since it's matte, it dries quickly. This topcoat is, for me, comparable to more expensive matte topcoats, but it's only like $2 at Target. Total steal.

on 2/25/2015 9:20:00 PM

Gives a nice may tidying effect. Cheap and effective, though bottle is pretty small. First time I used and I only used one coat but my polish did chip several hours later but not a whole lot. I will likely repurchase.

on 1/18/2015 1:16:00 AM

Everyone seems to enjoy their Me Crazy polish and have no issues with it, but after applying my NYC Black Lace Creme (119) polish and then the Matte Me Crazy on top, it turned into a whitish crackle. Maybe I got a defected bottle, who knows? Disappointed, though.

on 12/17/2014 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really wanted to like this product. I've been searching for a cheap matte top coat for awhile and when I found this at walmart for 2 for $3 I got really excited.
I tried it out as soon as I got home on a bunch of different colored polishes but I was slightly disappointed. I don't know if I got a bad bottle or if I just had really high expectations for this polish but it wasn't as matte as I was hoping. When its completely dry it still looks somewhat glossy, or almost as if I just used a really cheap nail polish. The only color this stuff actually looks matte on is black. I usually wear black nail polish but with it being so close to christmas I really wanted to try red nails with a matte finish. Oh well, Essie's matte top coat looks a lot better than this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I totally love this top coat. Funny story, the first time I used it, it made my one thumb nail super matte and didn't do anything to the rest of my nails, and I was really upset, but I think it was just the polish I used under it because every other polish I've used with it works great. I really like matte nails, and this is a great product.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

My dirty little secret: I wear this as a base coat (and, of course, as a mattifying top coat), and it's my absolute HG base! I can get 5-6 days of wear on my long--hence, fast-chipping--nails when I use Matte Me Crazy alongside NYC's Grand Central Station as a topcoat. The effectiveness of top/base coats varies strongly from person to person, but if you're still trying to find your HGs, NYC might just be the brand for you. Don't let its low price point fool you!

As a mattifying top coat, Matte Me Crazy applies smoothly, thanks to the control-tip brush, and it dries very quickly. Like all mattifying top coats, this one will buff down to a shiny finish at the tips after a couple of days. No way around this, alas. I've owned my bottle for a year, and it's just about empty. By this point, the product is a little goopy, but this is probably my own fault for leaving the cap slightly ajar. Repurchasing time!

on 8/30/2014 11:55:00 PM

I purchased Matte Me Crazy at Walmart for $2. It is one of the best products I have ever purchased. It works and dries very quickly. I love being able to give a nail polish a whole new look with just a small coat of this product. It also works so well at protecting your nail polish from chipping off and extends the life of a manicure markedly.