MAC Lustre - Greensmoke

MAC Lustre - Greensmoke

4.5

on 2/21/2017 2:42:00 PM

WHERE has this been all my life.

Greensmoke is the most gorgeous shade of green. It's like a slithery khaki-teal, shot through with shimmer. It's slightly sheer (but can be built up) and perfect for when you want to wear color but aren't feeling brighter shades. There is some fallout, and application isn't terrible but it also isn't the easiest. The color makes up for any of its faults, though. I have olive skin and dark brown eyes and something about Greensmoke makes me look like an underworld mermaid. Sometimes I apply it in a kind of halo, lightly dusting it all around the eye and tops of my cheekbones - it takes a special kind of eye shadow to halo with, but Greensmoke is perfect. The green vibes with my olive undertones just enough to make it work. The smoky eye you can create with it is insane - I tend to keep the rest of my face simple when I wear this, but it's subtle enough to centerpiece a variety of looks. I like it with cool-tones, pink blush and lips.

on 10/6/2013 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

The best lustre e/s from Mac. Has the best colour pay-off and minimal fall out. Gorgeous colour, but don't reach for it very often, since I own more than 90 e/s from Mac... Plus from other brands... Looks great with black liner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've had this eyeshadow for years and never really gravitated towards it. In the wake of me deciding to get rid of all my old, unused makeup at the end of the year, I decided to give this a try again after getting a bit bored with neutral tones.

This does apply patchy and takes a bit of work to blend into a beautiful sheer, smokey green colour. I pair this with brown or gray eyeliner and an orange lip gloss. it looks amazing under glasses. I might just keep this shadow.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

About me: NW13 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW

I have debated back and forth on whether I would keep this shadow. As I am becoming pickier with what I consider my stash, I only want to keep colors that are flattering or make my eyes POP, as opposed to just to have to complete my color collection.
Greensmoke is a lovely color, but the shimmer is only visible in the pan. When applied to the lid, it becomes a muddy dark green. My blue eyes lose their luster. Its not a bad shadow, but just not for me.

on 4/12/2013 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I have a love/hate relationship with MAC's lustre eyeshadows since what you see in the pan is not always what you get. The application is almost always uneven and extremely sheer. Greensmoke is one of MAC's better lustre shadows.

Greensmoke is an ashy olive green with equally ashy golden undertones and sheen. At first application it is a tad bit sheer, however, I find it's very build-able. I always use it with Nyx's White Eyeshadow Base to get the maximum color payoff. I like to pair it up with a black/grey shadow in the crease for a nice smokey look. Also, I haven't noticed any fallout either so that's definitely a plus.

on 2/26/2013 12:58:00 AM

The color is great but I find it patchy when applied with shader brush and difficult to blend even with MAC 217. It creases after 2-3 hours even with primer ( I use Too Faced Shadowsurance). The worst MAC eyeshadow that I own, in terms of staying power.

on 2/7/2013 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Greensmoke is a mid-toned khaki green gray eyeshadow with shimmers. It's formula is Lustre. It has a buildable formula and shimmers do not make it an evening eyeshadow. It can be worn for office as well. You can apply with a light hand for a subtle wear or load it to increase shimmery effect. Quite classy and chic when paired with simple black eyeliner. A must have for green eyed gals and i think it works for browns and hazels too.

on 1/25/2013 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Greensmoke is an amazing eye shadow by MAC, its a dirty, khaki green but it leans more gold when paired with golden shades and more green when paired with green shades like Humid. Very versatile and excellent pigmentation for a lustre! I find that this applies even more vividly to the lid when I wet my brush with either water or Fix+.

on 5/26/2012 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I love this a lot. I have green eyes and this looks great. I use it lightly sometimes as just a smokey, grey, green shadow , building it a little darker on the out eye. For evening is it great for a smokey eye, used with Macs tarnish kohl pencil. The green in it is lovely and it's a great shadow, another well done to Mac!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is such a beautiful colour, it has totally changed my mind about wearing green! I have blue eyes and although it doesn't make then pop like a brown would, it still looks stunning. I put Paint Pot Quite Natural all over the lid, blending out in the crease. Then I use Tarnish eye pencil and roughly line on the top lash, and a little underneath. I blend these using a 239 brush and after, using a 214 brush, I pack the Greensmoke over the liner. After, I use a couple of coats of dark brown mascara. This gives a beautiful soft look, which is so easy to do too. I find this is good for daytime as this look is not too strong, but quite easily be built up for evenings too.