MAC Lustre - Honesty

Lustre - Honesty

3.5

on 8/21/2017 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I'm Asian ethnicity and suffer from dark circles and dark eye lids. This shadow is a very low key golden colour and on brown skin it does work well to neutralise the darkness - and therefore me is a perfect natural day time eye shadow. I have never experienced fall out. If you want a more colour does take a while to build up the product, but this little pot has lasted years

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love MAC eyeshadows. There are only few brands that stay on my lids and MAC is my favorite. Saying that I had to throw away this one.
Unlike other MAC shadows it has very hard texture and very low pigmentation. I couldn't build up the pigment.
Big disappointment.

on 12/8/2015 9:09:00 PM

I love this product, it's a beautiful colour but can't help comparing it too MAC's Veluxe Pearl All That Glitters. The formula, softness and application can't really compare and that colour is just a bit better for me.
Still a great colour, looks great with pale skin and easy to apply.

on 8/16/2014 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Absolutely love love this eyes shadow. I've not experienced any fallout and what's this I hear?? No pigment?!? Well I beg to differ there is most certainly pigment in the shade of a lovely gold. The sparkle makes my brown eyes pop. Overall I will continue to purchase this beauty, if you're curious head on down to Mac and give it a whirl :)

on 7/28/2014 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm not over keen on this eyeshadow. It pulls too orange on me (nc30) instead of the bronze I was hoping for. I also feel it's too dark as a wash colour but too fair as a crease colour, so I have no use for it. I'd love to know how others make this work, i.e which shadow combinations, as I really cant get this to work for me. On the plus side it is highly pigmented and looks very pretty in the pan. X

on 7/28/2014 7:21:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this product as I love a neutral eye with a bit of shimmer. The colour is quite nice, however there is so much glitter fallout that I end up with gold glitter under my eyes and on my checks...not a good look! I basically wanted to lovely sheen of naked lunch or sable (two of my absolute favorite MAC eye shadows), but ended up looking like a disco ball instead.

As with all MAC eyes shadows great pigment and long lasting - shame about the fallout.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I feel like this is the dupe for stila kitten eyeshadow. But kitten is nicer on lid

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Despite the crazy fallout I absolutely love this shade. I apply this over "bare study" paint pot so it has something to adhere to with "mulch" in my crease and outer-corner. It gives me a nice bronzy eye that doesn't look loud. Just a super soft shimmering eye. I see myself re-purchasing once I hit pan.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really wanted to like this colour! It looks so nice in the pan, and when you swatch it...but on the eyes the texture of it ruins it! The glitter is s chunky and it doesn't stick to my lids, even with a primer...and oh god the fallout. If im very careful I can make it work but there are a lot of bronz-y tan colours out there that are similar and not so difficult to use.

on 6/3/2013 12:53:00 PM

i don't quite understand the relatively low rating this Mac shadow has compared to others. i had no problem with its pigmentation and i didn't notice much fallout, and i feel this color is quite unique and pleasant to wear for summer! it adds a bronze-y finished look (i have fair skin) that's flattering and natural.