Kate Somerville Quench Oil-Free Hydrating Face Serum

3.3

Water (Aqua), Plumeria Acutifolia Flower Extract, Glycerin, Propanediol, Polyacrylate-13, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Caprooyl Tetrapeptide-3, Algae Extract, Chondrus Crispus Extract, Soy Amino Acids, Yeast Extract, Glutamine Peptide, Glutamic Acid, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium, Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Chondrus Crispus Extract, Polyisobutene, Polysorbate 20, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Dextran, Citric Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol.

on 4/14/2016 10:07:00 AM

I'm pretty pleased with this product. My skin is combination; it's normally oily but since I've been using retinol I've been noticing dry, flaky patches on my cheeks and chin. I've been trying forever to find a serum/moisturizer thats oil, silicone and alcohol-free since those ingredients break me out. We have a winner!

This product is fairly heavy for a serum. I find that it's sufficiently hydrating for me, and creates some kind of dry film that covers up all my dry, flaky spots. It's not heavy at all! My skin feels really soft and smooth when I put this on, but not slippery like with silicone products. It absorbs into my skin right away and is an excellent base for makeup- my bb cream looks much better with this underneath. It doesn't really control oil, but doesn't make me oilier either.

I can't attest to the long-term anti-aging benefits since I've only been using it for about 2 weeks, but there does seem to be a sort of instant firming effect where it smooths over my fine lines and makes them less apparent with makeup overtop.

the packaging is great. The pump makes it really hygienic, and also dispenses the perfect amount for your entire face. The bottle is opaque (and really cute) so the beneficial ingredients don't degenerate over time.

The only real downside is the price. I live in Canada and it comes to around $100/bottle with taxes... you get the standard 1 oz, and you need a pea-size amount to cover your face. I think at this point the bottle will last only about 1 month - 6 weeks with 1x/day use :(

I'll keep repurchasing until I find something cheaper.

EDIT: after a couple weeks, I realized it was breaking me out into whiteheads :'(((

on 3/25/2016 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I received a good size sample of this at Nordstrom and actually liked the product. My face felt hydrated. I can't say whether or not it decreased fine lines or anything since I didn't have it for very long. But it also didn't break my out, which is always a plus. I wouldn't repurchase at the price point it's at though.

To Read all 9 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/23/2015 12:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was given a decent size sample of this product to try. I can be acne prone so I was happy it was oil free yet still had the anti-aging properties in it. When I decided to give it a try my face was very dry because of winter whereas it's typically combination. It is supposed to be hydrating and I will say that it did help to moisturize my skin but I did need to add a moisturizer on top. This could be because my face was unusually dry at this time. It didn't seem to break my skin out or dry it exaggerating my fine lines like some serums do so I may have purchased the full size product if it weren't for the price! This was a decent product but I'm not sure it's worth $75.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This is a very nice product. I've been using it for a couple of months. It makes my skin softer ...

I am an Industrial Biotechnology student so I go through a lot of stress and lack of sleep because I have to study sooooo much and stuff and when that happens the skin under my eyes starts to look tired and I get like lines sometimes and this products helps a lot.

It is a very well formulated product <3

on 11/26/2012 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I like this but not $65 like this. This absorbs quickly and is ideal for wearing underneath makeup, but its not moisturizing enough on its own so I layer a moisturizer over it. If you have finicky skin it might be worth the price tag, since its water-based. I like that it contains hyalyronic acid but so far this is just an expensive gel to me as I haven't noticed any of the wrinkle-reducing and collagen stimulating effects of this product.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got a small, two try sample of this. I expected this to be the absolute best because of the steep price tag. This I found turned out to be good, but not the best. I used it at night and found it smoothed on nicely. This reminds me a little of a gel instead of a serum. It sank in quickly and I do admit my skin felt a little like silk. I only got two tries of this so I am unsure if it would help long term. I do hate the price tag though.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using this as an occasional nighttime moisturizer for a few months now, and am very impressed. Perhaps not enough to purchase the full size (I've been using a .25 oz mini) but it's on my list should I feel flush and want to treat myself. It would be a lovely everyday moisturizer - heavy enough to really hydrate but lightweight at the same time.

I love the texture -- it sinks into my skin immediately and is incredibly hydrating. For this reason, I have to use a fairly large amount to cover my entire face & neck, but my skin seems to drink it up. I realize it's marketed as a serum, but another moisturizer on top of it is unnecessary.

on 3/30/2012 1:46:00 PM

After cleansing I applied the Quench serum and then my moisturizer. Meh. There was no noticeable difference. It definitely didn't moisturize my skin. So overall, it was disappointing for a product called "Quench." Application was smooth, however, and it blended well. It also didn't have a bad smell to it. The lack of moisturizing, however, would make me never buy this product again.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Have been using this daily for three months. I have combination skin and find it hard to find hydrating lotions that do not cause break outs. I liked the anti-aging ingredients in this product but noticed no improvement in my aging skin. Also, I did not find this an efffective moisturizer at all. Comes in a 1 oz. hygenic pump bottle for $90.