Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder
Bourjois Healthy Balance PowderBourjois Healthy Balance Powder

4.1

TALC,NYLON-12,OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE,KAOLIN,ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE,DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER,ZINC PCA,METHYLPARABEN,PARFUM (FRAGRANCE),TOCOPHERYL ACETATE,ZINC STEARATE,AQUA (WATER),BUTYLENE GLYCOL,PROPYLPARABEN,DIOSPYROS KAKI FRUIT EXTRACT,CITRUS JUNOS FRUIT EXTRACT,[+/- (MAY CONTAIN) :CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES),CI 77019 (MICA),CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES),CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE)]11BMT001-1A

I'm NC25 with neutral to warm undertones. Picked this up in Vanilla 52 (S$19.50) given the rave reviews and also my desire to mattify my mid-afternoon shiny T-zone (base: Clinique Superbalanced foundation in 63 Fresh Beige and a thin layer of translucent loose powder by Clinique).

As the powder came on its own with no sponge or applicator, I bought a small lilac powder brush from Essence (S$5.50) when I was at Watsons (local drugstore). The two items worked together like a charm! The shade is lightly yellow which fits my Asian skin tone and the powder is so fine that it settles nicely onto my skin, leaving an even finish which is not powdery/cakey or heavy looking (hence healthy looking skin effect). The packaging is in a nice ruby red, there's a mirror attached for convenience, and it's slim enough to slip into any handbag. Overall, I'm very impressed with this compact powder!

UPDATE: Vanilla 52 is an excellent match for my NC25 bare skin i.e. sans foundation. The powder when applied with Essence Powder Brush gives an even and light veil of colouring that makes the skin look healthy. Loving this powder!

on 11/9/2016 6:44:00 AM

If you have a problems with oily skin, and/or shiny nose/forehead, this product is probably not for you.
For me, it works, the vanilla scent is quite pleasant. I would call it a light powder, for every day use. For a special occasion, I would upgrade to another product.

on 11/3/2016 1:25:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

SHADE: 52 Vanilla - quite yellow toned, might still come off slightly peachy on greenish/olive toned skin
PACKAGING: slim, flimsy compact; the pan on my case have fallen out unfortunately
TEXTURE: soft, not chunky at all
FINISH: satiny, pretty smooth & natural looking

CONS:
- Limited shade range
- Doesn't last & mattify for 10 hours as claimed on packaging

I have a fair bit of redness in my skin but my body is very green/ olive, so I can't use this when I'm wearing a full base makeup because it makes my face too warm & peachy compared to my body, but on days when I'm just pinpoint concealing & use this to set the concealer it matches my skin perfectly. Would have given this a 4 if it could actually mattify the skin - I remember it breaking down and transferring like crazy on my oily Tzone! Not sure if I'd repurchase, but I'd still recommend this to anyone with dry to combo skin to try out!

on 10/7/2016 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I had this for some time in my drawer (I don't usually wear foundation) thought I'd try it again. I was so happy I did!.. I used a short haired, flat-top kabuki type brush to apply and the result is exceptional (I used to use a sponge pad, probably why I haven't use it again). The brush just picked up product off the pan and glided on my skin, literally.. Very finely milled product silky to the touch blends effortlessly on the skin ... gives minimal coverage...can build up to a light medium. The scent is pretty and not overbearing. But I have to say, my face... my skin appeared a smooth FLAWLESS matte!! This never happens to me with foundation. I am really liking the finish. I went to the grocery store the same day and got complimented how great I looked! Ok Bourjois HBUP you've earn a place in my daily skincare routine! Highly recommend this powered foundation.

on 10/2/2016 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Tried this out after reading reviews on powders for oily and acne prone skin. It works great when you put on a bit more product. I observe that it lasts around 4-5 hours. Touching up isn't a problem for me too. I use a powder brush when first applied and a denser brush for touching up when I'm out. It really evens out my skin tone giving a flawless finish. The scent isn't too overwhelming and luckily did not break me out.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this powder so much.. It's so finely milled and looks nice on my dry skin. I use this powder everyday and it last me around a year.. This is my current favorite setting powder! Will buy this again for sure

on 3/12/2016 9:36:00 AM

I had really high hopes for this one! However it just goes on the 'meh' pile... I didnt expect it to have any coverage or control oils, I just wanted it to set everything in place, which it doesn't. It seems to make me oilier! It never happened to me to have to blot my face 3h after I applied my makeup, especially not in the winter! It did cling to my dry patches but thats what happens when you powder dry skin. However I was willing to put up with all that until I noticied some tiny bumps on mu chin. This clogs my pores and its not pretty... Thinking back now that I stopped using it I think it made my skin look so sad and ashy, very dead like, like I was intensily dehydrated or havent slept for days. I like the packaging, I like the claims but the product isnt worth it.

on 3/6/2016 2:36:00 PM

Lovely finish on the skin! Doesnt leave that powdery look and perferct compact packaging. I used to use Charlotte Tilbury's face powder and Kevin Aucoin's loose powder but felt they were tooooo pricey to keep repurchasing. This is as good without the massive price tag!

on 2/6/2016 1:54:00 PM

Honestly one of the WORST products i have ever tried. I have combination oily/dry skin and i saw a few youtubers rave about this so i thought why not.... big mistake. This product broke me out like nothing ever before. I dont have acne prone or particularly sensitive skin but this product made my skin look like i had an actual acne break out. My pores were a mess and i had big painful spots all over my face, my skin had never looked so terrible. My oils seeped through within the first 2-3 hours and it really emphasized and clung to my dry patches. the only pro to this was that it was a perfect colour match for me, as i have olive/golden tones and can barely ever find a foundation that caters to that but other than that it was trash.

Just hit pan on this one to give a fair review!!! A solid 10. I had been a long-time user of mac mineralise skin finish and I gave a few drugstore powders a shot- from Maybelline to some organic brands, and this one just stands out. I guess the main point of a powder is to let foundation last without caking the face up- and this does the job. It is definitely a long lasting powder that prolonged my foundation wear, even longer than MSF, with a pretty finish.