Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder
Bourjois Healthy Balance PowderBourjois Healthy Balance Powder

TALC,NYLON-12,OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE,KAOLIN,ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE,DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER,ZINC PCA,METHYLPARABEN,PARFUM (FRAGRANCE),TOCOPHERYL ACETATE,ZINC STEARATE,AQUA (WATER),BUTYLENE GLYCOL,PROPYLPARABEN,DIOSPYROS KAKI FRUIT EXTRACT,CITRUS JUNOS FRUIT EXTRACT,[+/- (MAY CONTAIN) :CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES),CI 77019 (MICA),CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES),CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE)]11BMT001-1A

on 11/3/2016 1:25:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

SHADE: 52 Vanilla - quite yellow toned, might still come off slightly peachy on greenish/olive toned skin
PACKAGING: slim, flimsy compact; the pan on my case have fallen out unfortunately
TEXTURE: soft, not chunky at all
FINISH: satiny, pretty smooth & natural looking

CONS:
- Limited shade range
- Doesn't last & mattify for 10 hours as claimed on packaging

I have a fair bit of redness in my skin but my body is very green/ olive, so I can't use this when I'm wearing a full base makeup because it makes my face too warm & peachy compared to my body, but on days when I'm just pinpoint concealing & use this to set the concealer it matches my skin perfectly. Would have given this a 4 if it could actually mattify the skin - I remember it breaking down and transferring like crazy on my oily Tzone! Not sure if I'd repurchase, but I'd still recommend this to anyone with dry to combo skin to try out!

When I first tried it I thought it was just meh. Nothing overly exciting and pressed powders don't really excite me the way loose powders do anyway. I applied it with a sponge puff applicator and it seems to look powdery and uneven on my skin. But then I tried it with my buffing brush (MAC 187) and WOW! When I swirled the brush into the pan, it seemed to turn it into a beautiful, finely-milled powder. It applied to my skin flawlessly. I'm sure using a powder or kabuki brush would have the same effect.

I bought this as part of a 'buy one, get one half price' deal at Boots. (Got both foundation and powder for under £15, total bargain). I got the powder in 52 Vanilla which is a good match for my fair, cool-toned skin.
The compact itself is round, very slim and fits into the palm of my hand. It's a bright red colour which I'm not overly fussed on (Bourjois packaging is usually very beautiful and elegant too). It contains a mirror but no sponge applicator. I'm glad it doesn't come with a sponge applicator because I mightn't have tried applying it with my brush and the compact would be much thicker.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this powder so much.. It's so finely milled and looks nice on my dry skin. I use this powder everyday and it last me around a year.. This is my current favorite setting powder! Will buy this again for sure

on 4/8/2016 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I would, but it oxidizes like a bitch.... I look like I've been rolling in cheetos. Pity as it feels great!

on 3/12/2016 9:36:00 AM

I had really high hopes for this one! However it just goes on the 'meh' pile... I didnt expect it to have any coverage or control oils, I just wanted it to set everything in place, which it doesn't. It seems to make me oilier! It never happened to me to have to blot my face 3h after I applied my makeup, especially not in the winter! It did cling to my dry patches but thats what happens when you powder dry skin. However I was willing to put up with all that until I noticied some tiny bumps on mu chin. This clogs my pores and its not pretty... Thinking back now that I stopped using it I think it made my skin look so sad and ashy, very dead like, like I was intensily dehydrated or havent slept for days. I like the packaging, I like the claims but the product isnt worth it.

on 12/27/2015 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this is shade 52-Vanille.
This pressed powder comes in a nice, sleek compact, which is great to carry with you. It doesn't have it's own sponge applicator, I bought a set of Boots own brand ones - the really thin ones and they fit perfectly in the compact. Like that it can work for touch ups, unless you like to carry a retractable powder brush which would work just fine too.
I apply it to set my make up or on bare skin on minimal make up days with either the RT powder brush (to set make up) or the Bourjois kabuki brush (on bare skin).
Gives a nice matte effect that doesn't look caked on and it doesn't pile up in my fine lines on my forehead nor does it cling to the odd dry patch I may have. It's not drying nor irritating.
Has a subtle scent in the compact but I don't smell it on the skin after application.
I really love this and I have already repurchased (at my second one currently with another repurchase on the horizon as I'm running out of this soon).
I don't need to buy other matte finish powder, the price point is great for what it is. There's tons out there that cost even 4-5 times as much and do the same, so no point in buying something more expensive to achieve the same result.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I've never been drawn to the Bourjois makeup line but I decided to try this powder as I was looking for something that didn't leave such a matte finish as my LM Universal setting powder. (I'd probably still use that in the summer)

I didn't want to spend a fortune at Chanel for their highly touted powders so I decided that Bourjois would be a good alternative. (they're both owned by the same company)

The Healthy Balance Unifying powder is finely milled and gives a nice finish to my foundation or tinted moisturizer without looking dry or 'powdery'. It leaves my t-zone relatively oil free for the most of the day, with a slight touch up after mid day. I don't notice a fragrance which is great as I'm sensitive to fragrances.

The no. 53 is a perfect match for my NC30 skin tone.

It retails for $24 CAD at select Shoppers Drug Mart locations in Canada.

EDIT to add: This powder is still decent for touchups but I've discovered Lancome Belle de Teint powder which really gives me an 'airbrushed' look when I apply it after my foundation or tinted moisturizer.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely LOVE this powder. I have it in the shade "Vanilla-52" and it's perfect for my NW15/20 skintone. It's a bit pricey for a "drugstore" brand (in Canada, Bourjois is sold at Shoppers Drug Mart) and I wish there was a bit more product in the pan but these are minor complaints. This stuff makes my skin look SO nice. I often wear it without foundation - just my moisturizer with SPF and then this powder - and it hides a lot of my imperfections and makes my skin look velvety and really nice. I apply with a larger sized powder brush and the effect is so nice. This just might replace a lot of my more pricey powders like MAC MSF Natural and Studio Careblend. The prices of those 2 powders seems to have climbed considerably since I first started using them so it's nice to have a really good quality replacement at a lower cost.

on 8/6/2015 3:00:00 PM

Shade: 55 Beige Fonce (dark beige) My Skin: Medium/Combination

A very nice powder, that works well on my medium (plus fake tanned) skin tone. It would be way too dark for me in the winter months.
It is very Silky to touch and finely milled. It has a sort of fruity scent, but you don't really notice this once its applied to the face.
The powder is much finer than my old Rimmel Stay Matte (which is fantastic & cheap), and somehow really makes my face look brighter.
I thought my face was a bit shiny by the end of the day (9 hours), but when I touched my face it was dry, so i presume it is the "glow" that looked a tiny bit shiney, but it still looked pretty.
I know it says it gives a "healthy glow" on the package, but I wasn't really expecting to actualy notice any difference from my usual powder, but I really can see the difference and it makes my skin look lovely.
Very slimline packaging with a mirror, but absolutely no space for a compact sponge, which is a bit annoying if you want to take it with you, but fine for in the makeup box at home using a brush or a puff.
I have very sensitive skin, and have had no problems using this so far.
I love it and will deffinately repurchse it.

on 6/1/2015 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This powder is finely milled, so it feels like you are wearing nothing. It controls oil better than other powders (Rimmel Stay Matte, which I did not like very much), and it has a light-medium coverage, so you can use it on its own, but also to set your liquid foundation. It lasts 5-6 hours on my skin if I do not touch my face.
I usually use mineral makeup with just a few ingredients, because other powders (such as MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural) break me out, but this one did not.
The packaging is sturdy and really compact, so you can take it in your purse. It is also ideal for touch-ups, since it has a mirror.
The product has a smell to it, but it did not find it to be overwhelming
The color I have is 53 Beige Claire which is a good match for my NC20-25 skin. The product has 9 g/0.32 oz. and costs 10.25 at my local drugstore.