Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder
Bourjois Healthy Balance PowderBourjois Healthy Balance Powder

TALC,NYLON-12,OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE,KAOLIN,ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE,DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER,ZINC PCA,METHYLPARABEN,PARFUM (FRAGRANCE),TOCOPHERYL ACETATE,ZINC STEARATE,AQUA (WATER),BUTYLENE GLYCOL,PROPYLPARABEN,DIOSPYROS KAKI FRUIT EXTRACT,CITRUS JUNOS FRUIT EXTRACT,[+/- (MAY CONTAIN) :CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES),CI 77019 (MICA),CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES),CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE)]11BMT001-1A

Just hit pan on this one to give a fair review!!! A solid 10. I had been a long-time user of mac mineralise skin finish and I gave a few drugstore powders a shot- from Maybelline to some organic brands, and this one just stands out. I guess the main point of a powder is to let foundation last without caking the face up- and this does the job. It is definitely a long lasting powder that prolonged my foundation wear, even longer than MSF, with a pretty finish.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This powder has a nice finish and nice scent, and the packaging is really cute and compact too! However, my skin is too oily and a layer of this is not enough to control my oils as it is too smooth(?)
Another thing is the shade limitations - maybe its just in my country but there's only four shades, and none of them matches me. In the end, i got the one slightly darker and use this powder when i'm using a slightly lighter foundation. It works but i cannot use it with other foundations or bb creams, which is a waste!
I would recommend to people, but its not something for me!

Not sure what rating to give to this, maybe a 4.5. I just wish it had a touch more coverage.

I use no liquids or creams, only powder over a generous application of sunscreen. So I have tried several inexpensive or midrange powders and use a few of them daily, on different parts of my face depending where I need more oil control or coverage.

I had been curious about Healthy Balance for a while and I finally pulled the trigger where I found it on my latest trip to Europe for about 10 CAD. no excuse not to try it.

It is slightly more mattifying than my beloved wnw Coverall but it has much less coverage. Smell in a powder is unusual for me and this has a strong smell, but by no means unpleasant. The compact is thin with no brush/sponge and a large mirror.

Will I repurchase? not sure. From what I've heard I expect Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless to be very similar to this. Same finish, same coverage. Maybe I will purchase that one instead to try it.

For now I use it on my nose area with some more pigmented powder on top for more coverage. On my forehead I need something more mattifying and with even less coverage.

on 9/29/2015 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this pressed powder to set my foundation. Very finely milled and excellent quality for the price. I've been using it now for about 3 years and keep repurchasing it! I have normal skin with a slightly oily t zone and I've been very satisfied with it :)

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

It is finely milled and does not look like you are wearing a powder at all. The shade 52 (the lightest) matches my skin very well. It really looks and wears like an high end product.

Initially I was afraid that it will look too dark on my skin (I have fair skin), but it is perfect. This powder is very yellow.
I like this powder even more than my YSL Poudre Compacte Radiance. The shade is somewhat better on the skin.

I prefer fragrance free makeup and unfortunately it has fragrance in it. For those who are interested the scent is actually nice, not too strong once applied.
The packaging is awful, red plastic that looks cheap. I like that it does not have a place for the brush or sponge. Therefore it is light and compact to carry around.

on 1/25/2015 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have really been enjoying this product for my everyday makeup routine. It has everything I look for in a powder. Sets makeup well (check), has a natural finish, so it doesn't look cakey (check), most importantly it has light coverage (check). I use this just to set Foundation/concealer. Also the powder is very silky feeling, so it glides on your skin very nicely. For days that I do not wear liquid foundation, and just liquid concealer, after applying my BareMinerals Blemish Remedy Acne-Clearing Foundation (do not have bad acne, this just looks so good and natural on the skin, and without SPF unlike the original veil) I still apply this bourjois powder to set the makeup in the center of my face, just to ensure it lasts longer. Definitely will be purchasing it in several other colors. As for pricing aspect, it's hard to say as different retailers sell it for different prices, I purchased mine off Amazon for around 16-17 dollars which to me is between drug store and high end. In the UK I am aware Bourjois is considered high-street, which I am guessing is just above drugstore. But in Canada in shoppers this is around 25$ So the price change s higher, but the quality of most of the products I have tried from the brands are very worth it.

on 9/2/2014 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder is an EXCELLENT product. I've been on a hunt for a powder that will keep me matte throughout the day, and this is it. I started off using the Bourjois Healthy Gel Serum and it's become by HG foundation. I was using my Mac Studio Fix Powder on top of it, but unfortunately, it didn't work well with it as it would cause my face to become oily pretty quickly. I then picked up the Bourjois Powder in the darkest shade (#55) and it is seriously the best! Great coverage, keeps me matte -- albeit, not for 16 hours like it claims... maybe more like 8 hours, and does not break me out, which is the most important factor for me. The packaging is very sleek, and a little product goes a long way. Side note: I heard that Bourjois is owned by Chanel, so you know you're getting top quality.

Hypoallergenic formula
Non comedogenic
Dermatologically tested

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this at a Galerie Lafayette in France after somehow losing my Palladio blotting papers in a London nightclub (ah, the life!). I'll admit to knowing next to nothing about Bourjois, just that the "ultra fine and melting texture" of this powder sounded great and the "Asian fruit therapy" part was appealing. No. 55 Beige foncé was my chosen shade.

Within the first week of using it, I couldn't decide whether or not I liked this product. On one hand, it blended perfectly with my skin tone, covered up my blemishes, and most importantly, had a nice mattifying effect that lasted for hours (touch-ups were hardly necessary even though my face gets oily pretty quickly and it was a particularly hot summer in France). On the other hand, little bumps had begun appearing all over my face! They weren't pimples, just pores that had been clogged. I kept on using the powder anyway, because what choice did I have -- I'd already spent 11 euro on it! Anyway, my skin got used to it soon enough and the cons simply melted away (pardon the pun) and now I can say it's my HG powder. I use a kabuki brush with it; the texture is silky and it does melt on your skin, which makes it fantastic at absorbing oil AND setting makeup -- again, minimal touch-ups needed. The fruity smell reminds me of a Garnier hairspray I used to own in high school, and makes me feel fresh whenever I put it on.

Now, about the packaging. I backpacked through Europe with this sans problem, but once I got back to my busy university life (read: bag full of books) this somehow got jostled around and the powder just *cracked*, meaning dusty mirror and coughing up all over the place every time I opened the compact. I don't know why it happened then when I'd been through worse with it! Anyway, a few weeks later it fell out of my bag and the compact itself broke, spilling most of the contents on the washroom floor. For something so good and expensive, you'd hope it would last long -- and it would have, if not for the packaging!

So, while it is THE perfect face powder for me, I have to complain about the packaging and the price. Fortunately it's also available here in Canada, although at a staggering price (CDN$27 -- gasp!) It's going on my Christmas wishlist for sure.

on 6/3/2013 12:24:00 PM

oh my gosh i hate this. DO NOT GET THIS IF YOU HAVE OILY SKIN. i really wanted to love it because among drugstore brands bourjois is on the expensive end, and when i swatched this in the store the powder was so finely milled and felt silky on my skin so i bought it even though it was expensive because it claimed it could help me stay matte for 10 hours. plus i liked the healthy mix serum foundation.

10 hours my ass. it didn't even last 2 hours. and i'm talking about even during winter when my face isn't really that oily. when i first applied it on my face i loved it but my face got so oily afterwards. my skin isn't really that oily but because i live under a warm and humid climate my face tends to oil up easily during summer. this is a huge no for me. i rarely hate a product to this extent. the amount of shine on my face really embarrassed me. i tossed it after trying it out for about 6 months. this is just not the powder for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I both love and hate this powder. I love that it appears on the face smoothly and doesn't cake on my NYX HD foundation or on the bourjois foundie of the same variant. It is matte for about an hour only but turns out dewy-looking after 2hrs or so. A lot of people compliment my makeup that it looks good even hours after application. I use #52, (i am NC20 on mac) but it appears grayish after applying but turns out ok when my oil starts to come out. Weird but I can live with it. Hahaha i need to always reapply it but it doesn't cake at all! I like the packaging, its sturdy and the product didn't turned to powder when it accidentally slipped in my palm! Only the pan was detached on the compact! But on my second pan, i broke out like crazy and I stopped using it for a while. But other than that, i really like this powder.