Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder

Filtered by hair type : Other
Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder
Bourjois Healthy Balance PowderBourjois Healthy Balance Powder

3.4

TALC,NYLON-12,OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE,KAOLIN,ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE,DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER,ZINC PCA,METHYLPARABEN,PARFUM (FRAGRANCE),TOCOPHERYL ACETATE,ZINC STEARATE,AQUA (WATER),BUTYLENE GLYCOL,PROPYLPARABEN,DIOSPYROS KAKI FRUIT EXTRACT,CITRUS JUNOS FRUIT EXTRACT,[+/- (MAY CONTAIN) :CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES),CI 77019 (MICA),CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES),CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE)]11BMT001-1A

on 2/25/2016 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I wanted to love it. The package was light and slim. When I first applied it with brush, I thought it was worth the rave. The powder was "invisible". It was not super matte so my skin still looked natural. But after a couple hours, it seriously oxidized. My face became oddly earthy! Worse still, the texture became super drying and matte. I needed to take it all off at my office. And I don't have such experience with any other brands.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is my no fail go to powder that i can always count on and know it'll be good so if you've been thinking of getting it definitely do so.

on 6/2/2013 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Have acne-prone, pimply, combination dehydrated skin.
I wear powder foundation because of the weather which is hot and humid all year round. This powder is great in this case because it's lightweight and doesn't crease in my lines. (other powder foundations crease in my laugh lines within a couple of hours - unattractive)
Light to medium coverage. They claim it's 10h wear - no it doesn't last that long but it's reasonable wear (5hours).
This works great in evening the skin tone if I pat it on with a sponge. I tend to go over the same spots a couple of time in a patting motion and that gives me quite a good coverage. Doesn't cover zits entirely with just powder alone, still see some purpleness peeking through when used on its own.

Pros: really lives up to name, healthy balance - through the day when I start to get shiny, it's an acceptable sheen. Love the smell of the powder! Thin packaging is easy to slip into purses. Compact lasts a long time, months and months.

Cons: I can't get my shade here, they only stock a few shades that run a little dark. Does not have spf.

Have gone through two compacts. Would continue to repurchase if they stock my shade here.

on 4/25/2013 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Overall, an okay powder but not one that I would repurchase especially given that it is pricier than most drugstore foundations.

Product: I use this above primer as a powder foundation. I apply it with a powder brush (Elf flat top foundation brush) and it goes on well. The powder is quite fine so it doesn't look cakey at all.

Staying power: It definitely does not last the whole day or even 10 hours and it streaks a little as its fading. For reference, I have normal combo skin and I only apply this on my cheeks and temples. I tend to touch my face alot so that could be why it fades quite quickly although I've never had this problem with other foundations.

Shades:I love that the foundations shades have some yellow undertones so the colour matches my skintone really well. I'm a tan Asian so its not easy to find a good match for foundations.

Packaging: The packaging is sleek and easy to carry around. However, because it does not come with a sponge, you'll have to carry a brush along as well. Also the packaging is really sturdy. I dropped mine this morning from about chest height and both the powder and the packaging is fine.

I would repurchase this if I ran out of my HG (Milani Multitasker) and needed a quick backup. But as a product itself, the product does not justify the price.

on 2/14/2013 11:05:00 AM

I purchased the lightest shade in '52' and I was a little skeptical at first as I wear all my Bourjois foundations in 51. Luckily this is a good match for my complexion, for MAC reference I am a NC15 or a Matchmaster shade 1. The Bourjois powder is finely milled, blends beautifully applied with a powder brush, and does an awesome job of keeping my oilier t-zone matte without drying out my skin. Not 10 hours as per the claims, but a good 5 to 6 before I need to blot or touch-up. The compact packaging is very slim, but doesn't include a make-up sponge/puff nor is there room for one, so taking it along in a make-up bag one must remember to pack a sponge/puff or brush. Overall I'm really impressed with this powder and I will repurchase.