Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder
Bourjois Healthy Balance PowderBourjois Healthy Balance Powder

4.2

TALC,NYLON-12,OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE,KAOLIN,ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE,DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER,ZINC PCA,METHYLPARABEN,PARFUM (FRAGRANCE),TOCOPHERYL ACETATE,ZINC STEARATE,AQUA (WATER),BUTYLENE GLYCOL,PROPYLPARABEN,DIOSPYROS KAKI FRUIT EXTRACT,CITRUS JUNOS FRUIT EXTRACT,[+/- (MAY CONTAIN) :CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES),CI 77019 (MICA),CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES),CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE)]11BMT001-1A

on 10/7/2016 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I had this for some time in my drawer (I don't usually wear foundation) thought I'd try it again. I was so happy I did!.. I used a short haired, flat-top kabuki type brush to apply and the result is exceptional (I used to use a sponge pad, probably why I haven't use it again). The brush just picked up product off the pan and glided on my skin, literally.. Very finely milled product silky to the touch blends effortlessly on the skin ... gives minimal coverage...can build up to a light medium. The scent is pretty and not overbearing. But I have to say, my face... my skin appeared a smooth FLAWLESS matte!! This never happens to me with foundation. I am really liking the finish. I went to the grocery store the same day and got complimented how great I looked! Ok Bourjois HBUP you've earn a place in my daily skincare routine! Highly recommend this powered foundation.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this powder so much.. It's so finely milled and looks nice on my dry skin. I use this powder everyday and it last me around a year.. This is my current favorite setting powder! Will buy this again for sure

on 4/8/2016 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I would, but it oxidizes like a bitch.... I look like I've been rolling in cheetos. Pity as it feels great!

on 3/18/2016 10:55:00 AM

The results you get from this powder are amazing! It is super smooth and it doesn't look like you are wearing any powder, it gives you a very natural and smooth finish. I also like that it is yellow toned. Unfortunately it is not so 'healthy' since it contains perfume and other ingredients that are quite bad for your skin.

Just hit pan on this one to give a fair review!!! A solid 10. I had been a long-time user of mac mineralise skin finish and I gave a few drugstore powders a shot- from Maybelline to some organic brands, and this one just stands out. I guess the main point of a powder is to let foundation last without caking the face up- and this does the job. It is definitely a long lasting powder that prolonged my foundation wear, even longer than MSF, with a pretty finish.

on 12/27/2015 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this is shade 52-Vanille.
This pressed powder comes in a nice, sleek compact, which is great to carry with you. It doesn't have it's own sponge applicator, I bought a set of Boots own brand ones - the really thin ones and they fit perfectly in the compact. Like that it can work for touch ups, unless you like to carry a retractable powder brush which would work just fine too.
I apply it to set my make up or on bare skin on minimal make up days with either the RT powder brush (to set make up) or the Bourjois kabuki brush (on bare skin).
Gives a nice matte effect that doesn't look caked on and it doesn't pile up in my fine lines on my forehead nor does it cling to the odd dry patch I may have. It's not drying nor irritating.
Has a subtle scent in the compact but I don't smell it on the skin after application.
I really love this and I have already repurchased (at my second one currently with another repurchase on the horizon as I'm running out of this soon).
I don't need to buy other matte finish powder, the price point is great for what it is. There's tons out there that cost even 4-5 times as much and do the same, so no point in buying something more expensive to achieve the same result.

on 12/20/2015 9:07:00 PM

Love this product. Keep my face look poreless and matte for over 8h. I just need to quickly touch up on forehead at lunch time. Actually, it can be a little bit dry for my chin and cheek but mist hydration as Sukin can help.
Package looks cheap and power is not really pressed. It can be a little bit messy if I use the kabuki brush to apply, but not a big deal to me.
I have spent times to find suitble powder for my combination skin. Even Physiscian Formula or Mac Blot Powder are not my best choices. This powder is quite nice, light and provide good coverage.

Not sure what rating to give to this, maybe a 4.5. I just wish it had a touch more coverage.

I use no liquids or creams, only powder over a generous application of sunscreen. So I have tried several inexpensive or midrange powders and use a few of them daily, on different parts of my face depending where I need more oil control or coverage.

I had been curious about Healthy Balance for a while and I finally pulled the trigger where I found it on my latest trip to Europe for about 10 CAD. no excuse not to try it.

It is slightly more mattifying than my beloved wnw Coverall but it has much less coverage. Smell in a powder is unusual for me and this has a strong smell, but by no means unpleasant. The compact is thin with no brush/sponge and a large mirror.

Will I repurchase? not sure. From what I've heard I expect Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless to be very similar to this. Same finish, same coverage. Maybe I will purchase that one instead to try it.

For now I use it on my nose area with some more pigmented powder on top for more coverage. On my forehead I need something more mattifying and with even less coverage.

on 11/29/2015 9:04:00 PM

My powder is in the shade 52 Vanille, which suits an NC/NW/20/25 skin. It is neutral toned, leaning yellow.

It comes in gorgeous vibrant pink packaging which always makes me a little happier to look at. It's plastic, but has a nice weight to it, and it's quite sturdy. The closure is safe and doesn't feel fragile whatsoever. This lives in my hand bag and was never damaged. It comes with 0.32oz/9g of product.

So, basically, I have combination skin. My cheeks are very oily but the entire area around my mouth is quite dry, as well as my under eyes (great, I'll age gracefully). I was looking for a lighter powder in terms of consistency, that wouldn't emphasize my fine lines and that would be more forgiving to my dry areas. I came across this, which was recommend by many people as a good powder for people with dry skin. Well, I'm not sure about that.
I do find this a lot lighter than the previous powder I was using (which was from a brazilian brand). This actually looks beautiful on my cheeks or anywhere I don't have a lot of dryness. But on the areas I mentioned, it still highlights the dry patches and the lines.
I agree I was probably expecting too much from this: a powder is a powder. What can you do? It's not dry skin friendly! You may wonder why I feel the need to use it, but that's because I highlight these areas with concealer and it needs to be set. I did consider getting a loose powder, but it's too messy, and as much as I would love to try Hourglass' Ambient Lighting powders, it's so not on my budget.
This powder contains barely any coverage at all, by the way.
It also doesn't behave very well on my cheeks in terms of oil controlling, so although I can't confirm this is good for dry skin, I can tell you it's bad for oily skin.
I don't really know that 'glow' Bourjois is talking about on the packaging, though. This doesn't leave a glow. It just doesn't mattify enough.

Anyway, I would definitely recommend this for someone with normal-ish skin, who isn't particularly looking for oil control and also doesn't suffer from severe dry patches. If you don't like the overly matte look and just want to lightly set your foundation, give it a shot. If you have fine lines, search for something else, maybe something silica based if you don't find it too drying.

Oh, by the way, this does contain a fruity smell to it, which is very unnecessary but not unpleasant in any way. I'm acne prone and this doesn't break me out.

EDIT: 08/26/16

I realized I love setting my undereye concealer with this, BUT only if I use a dampened sponge. Make sure your sponge isn't too wet, or it could seal the product (you know, that crusty top layer that happens sometimes); get some powder on the sponge and dab it underneath your eyes. It's not exactly 'baking', cause I don't leave any excess on, I simply set the concealer. When I do this, my makeup lasts forever and the powder doesn't darken my concealer like it would with a brush. The texture looks pretty good as well, not powdery or cakey or wrinkly. Overall, I'm pleased!

on 11/29/2015 7:00:00 AM

Love this powder, I have it in the shade 52 vanilla (the lightest shade) for setting under my eyes, and the shade 54 for setting my face makeup. I honestly love this, it is not too matte and drying for under my eyes, but keeps my T-zone shine free for the majority of the day, and I love the price point and smell !! I prefer this over my Mac and Urban Decay powders, and will continue to purchase. The only thing I don't like is the packaging, as the colour is quite obnoxiously bright