Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder
Bourjois Healthy Balance PowderBourjois Healthy Balance Powder

3.9

TALC,NYLON-12,OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE,KAOLIN,ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE,DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER,ZINC PCA,METHYLPARABEN,PARFUM (FRAGRANCE),TOCOPHERYL ACETATE,ZINC STEARATE,AQUA (WATER),BUTYLENE GLYCOL,PROPYLPARABEN,DIOSPYROS KAKI FRUIT EXTRACT,CITRUS JUNOS FRUIT EXTRACT,[+/- (MAY CONTAIN) :CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES),CI 77019 (MICA),CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES),CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE)]11BMT001-1A

I'm NC25 with neutral to warm undertones. Picked this up in Vanilla 52 (S$19.50) given the rave reviews and also my desire to mattify my mid-afternoon shiny T-zone (base: Clinique Superbalanced foundation in 63 Fresh Beige and a thin layer of translucent loose powder by Clinique).

As the powder came on its own with no sponge or applicator, I bought a small lilac powder brush from Essence (S$5.50) when I was at Watsons (local drugstore). The two items worked together like a charm! The shade is lightly yellow which fits my Asian skin tone and the powder is so fine that it settles nicely onto my skin, leaving an even finish which is not powdery/cakey or heavy looking (hence healthy looking skin effect). The packaging is in a nice ruby red, there's a mirror attached for convenience, and it's slim enough to slip into any handbag. Overall, I'm very impressed with this compact powder!

UPDATE: Vanilla 52 is an excellent match for my NC25 bare skin i.e. sans foundation. The powder when applied with Essence Powder Brush gives an even and light veil of colouring that makes the skin look healthy. Loving this powder!

on 11/9/2016 6:44:00 AM

If you have a problems with oily skin, and/or shiny nose/forehead, this product is probably not for you.
For me, it works, the vanilla scent is quite pleasant. I would call it a light powder, for every day use. For a special occasion, I would upgrade to another product.

on 11/3/2016 1:25:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

SHADE: 52 Vanilla - quite yellow toned, might still come off slightly peachy on greenish/olive toned skin
PACKAGING: slim, flimsy compact; the pan on my case have fallen out unfortunately
TEXTURE: soft, not chunky at all
FINISH: satiny, pretty smooth & natural looking

CONS:
- Limited shade range
- Doesn't last & mattify for 10 hours as claimed on packaging

I have a fair bit of redness in my skin but my body is very green/ olive, so I can't use this when I'm wearing a full base makeup because it makes my face too warm & peachy compared to my body, but on days when I'm just pinpoint concealing & use this to set the concealer it matches my skin perfectly. Would have given this a 4 if it could actually mattify the skin - I remember it breaking down and transferring like crazy on my oily Tzone! Not sure if I'd repurchase, but I'd still recommend this to anyone with dry to combo skin to try out!

When I first tried it I thought it was just meh. Nothing overly exciting and pressed powders don't really excite me the way loose powders do anyway. I applied it with a sponge puff applicator and it seems to look powdery and uneven on my skin. But then I tried it with my buffing brush (MAC 187) and WOW! When I swirled the brush into the pan, it seemed to turn it into a beautiful, finely-milled powder. It applied to my skin flawlessly. I'm sure using a powder or kabuki brush would have the same effect.

I bought this as part of a 'buy one, get one half price' deal at Boots. (Got both foundation and powder for under £15, total bargain). I got the powder in 52 Vanilla which is a good match for my fair, cool-toned skin.
The compact itself is round, very slim and fits into the palm of my hand. It's a bright red colour which I'm not overly fussed on (Bourjois packaging is usually very beautiful and elegant too). It contains a mirror but no sponge applicator. I'm glad it doesn't come with a sponge applicator because I mightn't have tried applying it with my brush and the compact would be much thicker.

on 3/12/2016 9:36:00 AM

I had really high hopes for this one! However it just goes on the 'meh' pile... I didnt expect it to have any coverage or control oils, I just wanted it to set everything in place, which it doesn't. It seems to make me oilier! It never happened to me to have to blot my face 3h after I applied my makeup, especially not in the winter! It did cling to my dry patches but thats what happens when you powder dry skin. However I was willing to put up with all that until I noticied some tiny bumps on mu chin. This clogs my pores and its not pretty... Thinking back now that I stopped using it I think it made my skin look so sad and ashy, very dead like, like I was intensily dehydrated or havent slept for days. I like the packaging, I like the claims but the product isnt worth it.

on 3/6/2016 2:36:00 PM

Lovely finish on the skin! Doesnt leave that powdery look and perferct compact packaging. I used to use Charlotte Tilbury's face powder and Kevin Aucoin's loose powder but felt they were tooooo pricey to keep repurchasing. This is as good without the massive price tag!

on 2/6/2016 1:54:00 PM

Honestly one of the WORST products i have ever tried. I have combination oily/dry skin and i saw a few youtubers rave about this so i thought why not.... big mistake. This product broke me out like nothing ever before. I dont have acne prone or particularly sensitive skin but this product made my skin look like i had an actual acne break out. My pores were a mess and i had big painful spots all over my face, my skin had never looked so terrible. My oils seeped through within the first 2-3 hours and it really emphasized and clung to my dry patches. the only pro to this was that it was a perfect colour match for me, as i have olive/golden tones and can barely ever find a foundation that caters to that but other than that it was trash.

Just hit pan on this one to give a fair review!!! A solid 10. I had been a long-time user of mac mineralise skin finish and I gave a few drugstore powders a shot- from Maybelline to some organic brands, and this one just stands out. I guess the main point of a powder is to let foundation last without caking the face up- and this does the job. It is definitely a long lasting powder that prolonged my foundation wear, even longer than MSF, with a pretty finish.

on 1/15/2016 11:13:00 PM

this is a great powder. it was slightly too light for my nc42 skin but i used it to set my under eye concealor and in the center of my face to help keep the oil in check.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This powder has a nice finish and nice scent, and the packaging is really cute and compact too! However, my skin is too oily and a layer of this is not enough to control my oils as it is too smooth(?)
Another thing is the shade limitations - maybe its just in my country but there's only four shades, and none of them matches me. In the end, i got the one slightly darker and use this powder when i'm using a slightly lighter foundation. It works but i cannot use it with other foundations or bb creams, which is a waste!
I would recommend to people, but its not something for me!