Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder

Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder
Bourjois Healthy Balance PowderBourjois Healthy Balance Powder

TALC,NYLON-12,OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE,KAOLIN,ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE,DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER,ZINC PCA,METHYLPARABEN,PARFUM (FRAGRANCE),TOCOPHERYL ACETATE,ZINC STEARATE,AQUA (WATER),BUTYLENE GLYCOL,PROPYLPARABEN,DIOSPYROS KAKI FRUIT EXTRACT,CITRUS JUNOS FRUIT EXTRACT,[+/- (MAY CONTAIN) :CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES),CI 77019 (MICA),CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES),CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE)]11BMT001-1A

I'm NC25 with neutral to warm undertones. Picked this up in Vanilla 52 (S$19.50) given the rave reviews and also my desire to mattify my mid-afternoon shiny T-zone (base: Clinique Superbalanced foundation in 63 Fresh Beige and a thin layer of translucent loose powder by Clinique).

As the powder came on its own with no sponge or applicator, I bought a small lilac powder brush from Essence (S$5.50) when I was at Watsons (local drugstore). The two items worked together like a charm! The shade is lightly yellow which fits my Asian skin tone and the powder is so fine that it settles nicely onto my skin, leaving an even finish which is not powdery/cakey or heavy looking (hence healthy looking skin effect). The packaging is in a nice ruby red, there's a mirror attached for convenience, and it's slim enough to slip into any handbag. Overall, I'm very impressed with this compact powder!

UPDATE: Vanilla 52 is an excellent match for my NC25 bare skin i.e. sans foundation. The powder when applied with Essence Powder Brush gives an even and light veil of colouring that makes the skin look healthy. Loving this powder!

on 1/26/2017 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

#52 Vanilla Love this powder!! Hands down, it is one of the best. I think it is better than Mac by for, better than Estee L., better than Lancome even. It is so soft and smooth on my face and it does not change color over my moisture cream. It doesn't settle into my many wrinkles and the shade #52 is perfect for my skin tone. There is a light fragrance that does not stay around long. I really must order a backup before another one gets discontinued.

on 10/7/2016 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I had this for some time in my drawer (I don't usually wear foundation) thought I'd try it again. I was so happy I did!.. I used a short haired, flat-top kabuki type brush to apply and the result is exceptional (I used to use a sponge pad, probably why I haven't use it again). The brush just picked up product off the pan and glided on my skin, literally.. Very finely milled product silky to the touch blends effortlessly on the skin ... gives minimal coverage...can build up to a light medium. The scent is pretty and not overbearing. But I have to say, my face... my skin appeared a smooth FLAWLESS matte!! This never happens to me with foundation. I am really liking the finish. I went to the grocery store the same day and got complimented how great I looked! Ok Bourjois HBUP you've earn a place in my daily skincare routine! Highly recommend this powered foundation.

on 10/2/2016 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Tried this out after reading reviews on powders for oily and acne prone skin. It works great when you put on a bit more product. I observe that it lasts around 4-5 hours. Touching up isn't a problem for me too. I use a powder brush when first applied and a denser brush for touching up when I'm out. It really evens out my skin tone giving a flawless finish. The scent isn't too overwhelming and luckily did not break me out.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this powder so much.. It's so finely milled and looks nice on my dry skin. I use this powder everyday and it last me around a year.. This is my current favorite setting powder! Will buy this again for sure

on 3/6/2016 2:36:00 PM

Lovely finish on the skin! Doesnt leave that powdery look and perferct compact packaging. I used to use Charlotte Tilbury's face powder and Kevin Aucoin's loose powder but felt they were tooooo pricey to keep repurchasing. This is as good without the massive price tag!

Just hit pan on this one to give a fair review!!! A solid 10. I had been a long-time user of mac mineralise skin finish and I gave a few drugstore powders a shot- from Maybelline to some organic brands, and this one just stands out. I guess the main point of a powder is to let foundation last without caking the face up- and this does the job. It is definitely a long lasting powder that prolonged my foundation wear, even longer than MSF, with a pretty finish.

on 1/28/2016 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I swear I love everything from Bourjois. They make the best makeup products ever. Really. I love the smell of this powder, it smells so fresh. It doesn't provide much coverage but is amazing in mattifying my very oily skin for a good 5-6 hours. The colour 53 is a good match for my skin. Will def repurchase ❤️

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've used this powder for over a year now and honestly this is the best I've ever tried. I've already repurcased it 3 times and I will buy it again if I run out of it. It's a drugstore product though it's a little pricey, yet for me it is totally worth it. The packaging in cute and it has a mirror in it. The colour range is not big but since it only has a sheer coverage I don't think it's a huge problem (maybe for very deep skin tones, but as for my porcelain light skin, I could find the perfect, very pale, yellow colour, which is the lightest I could get.) I've got acne-prone, oily skin with a few dry patches and whiteheads all over my face. It did not break me out or cause me any more problems on my skin which is a huge miracle. This powder mattifyes my complexion for long hours (well, ut depends on the foundation and moisturizer I use as well). It has a sheer coverage but reduces the appearance of pores and redness nicely. It's not drying at all, I'd recommend this product for dry skin type as well, along with the Healthy Mix foundation Bourjois has in this line. This powder is suitable for probably all skin types for different benefits, has a quite fair price and has a very natural finish. And last but not least it smells very pleasantly, kind of fruity but not too strong which I love.

on 12/27/2015 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this is shade 52-Vanille.
This pressed powder comes in a nice, sleek compact, which is great to carry with you. It doesn't have it's own sponge applicator, I bought a set of Boots own brand ones - the really thin ones and they fit perfectly in the compact. Like that it can work for touch ups, unless you like to carry a retractable powder brush which would work just fine too.
I apply it to set my make up or on bare skin on minimal make up days with either the RT powder brush (to set make up) or the Bourjois kabuki brush (on bare skin).
Gives a nice matte effect that doesn't look caked on and it doesn't pile up in my fine lines on my forehead nor does it cling to the odd dry patch I may have. It's not drying nor irritating.
Has a subtle scent in the compact but I don't smell it on the skin after application.
I really love this and I have already repurchased (at my second one currently with another repurchase on the horizon as I'm running out of this soon).
I don't need to buy other matte finish powder, the price point is great for what it is. There's tons out there that cost even 4-5 times as much and do the same, so no point in buying something more expensive to achieve the same result.