Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder

Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder
Bourjois Healthy Balance PowderBourjois Healthy Balance Powder

TALC,NYLON-12,OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE,KAOLIN,ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE,DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER,ZINC PCA,METHYLPARABEN,PARFUM (FRAGRANCE),TOCOPHERYL ACETATE,ZINC STEARATE,AQUA (WATER),BUTYLENE GLYCOL,PROPYLPARABEN,DIOSPYROS KAKI FRUIT EXTRACT,CITRUS JUNOS FRUIT EXTRACT,[+/- (MAY CONTAIN) :CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES),CI 77019 (MICA),CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES),CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE)]11BMT001-1A

on 7/19/2017 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was so excited that my local drugstore started carrying this brand and the first thing I picked up was this gem. It smells divine!! It's sweet but it doesn't linger once you put it on. Your brush will smell lovely though ;) This powder is so finely milled, it glides on the skin and doesn't give you a cakey finish; something I hate with most compact powders. It is a sheer/light coverage powder so despite only having 4 shades, I think you can get away with using a powder that is close to your skin tone, instead of being the exact colour of your skin. I was surprised for the first time, because I was only in the 3rd darkest shade and in Asian drugstores, anything above a medium skin tone is like looking for gold. Being in a hot and humid country does make this powder stand the test of time, so it doesn't last 10 hours but depending on the weather, it does last long enough for my normal/combo skin. Probably won't be the best for oily skin since it isn't a completely mattifying powder. It does let a bit of shine peek through. I'd say this is lovely as a setting and finishing powder and the packaging is so travel-friendly due to it's slim and sleek design!

I'm NC25 with neutral to warm undertones. Picked this up in Vanilla 52 (S$19.50) given the rave reviews and also my desire to mattify my mid-afternoon shiny T-zone (base: Clinique Superbalanced foundation in 63 Fresh Beige and a thin layer of translucent loose powder by Clinique).

As the powder came on its own with no sponge or applicator, I bought a small lilac powder brush from Essence (S$5.50) when I was at Watsons (local drugstore). The two items worked together like a charm! The shade is lightly yellow which fits my Asian skin tone and the powder is so fine that it settles nicely onto my skin, leaving an even finish which is not powdery/cakey or heavy looking (hence healthy looking skin effect). The packaging is in a nice ruby red, there's a mirror attached for convenience, and it's slim enough to slip into any handbag. Overall, I'm very impressed with this compact powder!

UPDATE: Vanilla 52 is an excellent match for my NC25 bare skin i.e. sans foundation. The powder when applied with Essence Powder Brush gives an even and light veil of colouring that makes the skin look healthy. Loving this powder!

on 1/26/2017 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

#52 Vanilla Love this powder!! Hands down, it is one of the best. I think it is better than Mac by for, better than Estee L., better than Lancome even. It is so soft and smooth on my face and it does not change color over my moisture cream. It doesn't settle into my many wrinkles and the shade #52 is perfect for my skin tone. There is a light fragrance that does not stay around long. I really must order a backup before another one gets discontinued.

on 11/9/2016 6:44:00 AM

If you have a problems with oily skin, and/or shiny nose/forehead, this product is probably not for you.
For me, it works, the vanilla scent is quite pleasant. I would call it a light powder, for every day use. For a special occasion, I would upgrade to another product.

on 11/3/2016 1:25:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

SHADE: 52 Vanilla - quite yellow toned, might still come off slightly peachy on greenish/olive toned skin
PACKAGING: slim, flimsy compact; the pan on my case have fallen out unfortunately
TEXTURE: soft, not chunky at all
FINISH: satiny, pretty smooth & natural looking

CONS:
- Limited shade range
- Doesn't last & mattify for 10 hours as claimed on packaging

I have a fair bit of redness in my skin but my body is very green/ olive, so I can't use this when I'm wearing a full base makeup because it makes my face too warm & peachy compared to my body, but on days when I'm just pinpoint concealing & use this to set the concealer it matches my skin perfectly. Would have given this a 4 if it could actually mattify the skin - I remember it breaking down and transferring like crazy on my oily Tzone! Not sure if I'd repurchase, but I'd still recommend this to anyone with dry to combo skin to try out!

on 10/7/2016 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I had this for some time in my drawer (I don't usually wear foundation) thought I'd try it again. I was so happy I did!.. I used a short haired, flat-top kabuki type brush to apply and the result is exceptional (I used to use a sponge pad, probably why I haven't use it again). The brush just picked up product off the pan and glided on my skin, literally.. Very finely milled product silky to the touch blends effortlessly on the skin ... gives minimal coverage...can build up to a light medium. The scent is pretty and not overbearing. But I have to say, my face... imy skin appeared a smooth FLAWLESS matte!! This never happens to me with foundation. I am really liking the finish. I went to the grocery store the same day and got complimented how great I looked! Ok Bourjois HBUP you've earn a place in my daily skincare routine! Highly recommend this powered foundation.

on 10/2/2016 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Tried this out after reading reviews on powders for oily and acne prone skin. It works great when you put on a bit more product. I observe that it lasts around 4-5 hours. Touching up isn't a problem for me too. I use a powder brush when first applied and a denser brush for touching up when I'm out. It really evens out my skin tone giving a flawless finish. The scent isn't too overwhelming and luckily did not break me out.

When I first tried it I thought it was just meh. Nothing overly exciting and pressed powders don't really excite me the way loose powders do anyway. I applied it with a sponge puff applicator and it seems to look powdery and uneven on my skin. But then I tried it with my buffing brush (MAC 187) and WOW! When I swirled the brush into the pan, it seemed to turn it into a beautiful, finely-milled powder. It applied to my skin flawlessly. I'm sure using a powder or kabuki brush would have the same effect.

I bought this as part of a 'buy one, get one half price' deal at Boots. (Got both foundation and powder for under £15, total bargain). I got the powder in 52 Vanilla which is a good match for my fair, cool-toned skin.
The compact itself is round, very slim and fits into the palm of my hand. It's a bright red colour which I'm not overly fussed on (Bourjois packaging is usually very beautiful and elegant too). It contains a mirror but no sponge applicator. I'm glad it doesn't come with a sponge applicator because I mightn't have tried applying it with my brush and the compact would be much thicker.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this powder so much.. It's so finely milled and looks nice on my dry skin. I use this powder everyday and it last me around a year.. This is my current favorite setting powder! Will buy this again for sure

on 4/8/2016 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I would, but it oxidizes like a bitch.... I look like I've been rolling in cheetos. Pity as it feels great!