Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder

Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder
Bourjois Healthy Balance PowderBourjois Healthy Balance Powder

TALC,NYLON-12,OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE,KAOLIN,ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE,DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER,ZINC PCA,METHYLPARABEN,PARFUM (FRAGRANCE),TOCOPHERYL ACETATE,ZINC STEARATE,AQUA (WATER),BUTYLENE GLYCOL,PROPYLPARABEN,DIOSPYROS KAKI FRUIT EXTRACT,CITRUS JUNOS FRUIT EXTRACT,[+/- (MAY CONTAIN) :CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES),CI 77019 (MICA),CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES),CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE)]11BMT001-1A

on 11/9/2016 6:44:00 AM

If you have a problems with oily skin, and/or shiny nose/forehead, this product is probably not for you.
For me, it works, the vanilla scent is quite pleasant. I would call it a light powder, for every day use. For a special occasion, I would upgrade to another product.

on 11/3/2016 1:25:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

- My shade: 52 Vanilla - looks bright & yellow in the pan but oxidizes darker & peachier on my skin
- Packaging: slim, slightly flimsy compact; the pan on my case have fallen out unfortunately
- Texture: soft, not chunky but not too finely milled
- Finish: satiny, pretty natural looking, still emphasizes dry patches a bit (which I find happens with most powders I've used except powder foundations that have more coverage)

CONS:
- Limited shade range
- Doesn't last & mattify for 10 hours as claimed on packaging

I really want to love this powder because it's got a nice yellow tone but the particular shade I have oxidize on me quite bad. I'll pick up the shade 51 and keep this post updated.

To Read all 70 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/7/2016 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had this for some time in my drawer (I don't usually wear foundation) thought I'd try it again. I was so happy I did!.. I used a short haired, flat-top kabuki type brush to apply and the result is exceptional (I used to use a sponge pad, probably why I haven't use it again). The brush just picked up product off the pan and glided on my skin, literally.. Very finely milled product silky to the touch blends effortlessly on the skin ... gives minimal coverage...can build up to a light medium. The scent is pretty and not overbearing. But I have to say, my face... imy skin appeared a smooth FLAWLESS matte!! This never happens to me with foundation. I am really liking the finish. I went to the grocery store the same day and got complimented how great I looked! Ok Bourjois HBUP you've earn a place in my daily skincare routine! Highly recommend this powered foundation.

on 10/2/2016 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Tried this out after reading reviews on powders for oily and acne prone skin. It works great when you put on a bit more product. I observe that it lasts around 4-5 hours. Touching up isn't a problem for me too. I use a powder brush when first applied and a denser brush for touching up when I'm out. It really evens out my skin tone giving a flawless finish. The scent isn't too overwhelming and luckily did not break me out.

When I first tried it I thought it was just meh. Nothing overly exciting and pressed powders don't really excite me the way loose powders do anyway. I applied it with a sponge puff applicator and it seems to look powdery and uneven on my skin. But then I tried it with my buffing brush (MAC 187) and WOW! When I swirled the brush into the pan, it seemed to turn it into a beautiful, finely-milled powder. It applied to my skin flawlessly. I'm sure using a powder or kabuki brush would have the same effect.

I bought this as part of a 'buy one, get one half price' deal at Boots. (Got both foundation and powder for under £15, total bargain). I got the powder in 52 Vanilla which is a good match for my fair, cool-toned skin.
The compact itself is round, very slim and fits into the palm of my hand. It's a bright red colour which I'm not overly fussed on (Bourjois packaging is usually very beautiful and elegant too). It contains a mirror but no sponge applicator. I'm glad it doesn't come with a sponge applicator because I mightn't have tried applying it with my brush and the compact would be much thicker.

I love this powder so much.. It's so finely milled and looks nice on my dry skin. I use this powder everyday and it last me around a year.. This is my current favorite setting powder! Will buy this again for sure

on 4/8/2016 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Simply put - This is so much better than any high-end powder I have used. It's great to chuck in my handbag, and I would be surprised if I bothered to ever try another powder. (If they discontinue this, I will be stockpiling)

on 3/18/2016 10:55:00 AM

The results you get from this powder are amazing! It is super smooth and it doesn't look like you are wearing any powder, it gives you a very natural and smooth finish. I also like that it is yellow toned. Unfortunately it is not so 'healthy' since it contains perfume and other ingredients that are quite bad for your skin.

on 3/12/2016 9:36:00 AM

I had really high hopes for this one! However it just goes on the 'meh' pile... I didnt expect it to have any coverage or control oils, I just wanted it to set everything in place, which it doesn't. It seems to make me oilier! It never happened to me to have to blot my face 3h after I applied my makeup, especially not in the winter! It did cling to my dry patches but thats what happens when you powder dry skin. However I was willing to put up with all that until I noticied some tiny bumps on mu chin. This clogs my pores and its not pretty... Thinking back now that I stopped using it I think it made my skin look so sad and ashy, very dead like, like I was intensily dehydrated or havent slept for days. I like the packaging, I like the claims but the product isnt worth it.

on 3/6/2016 2:36:00 PM

Lovely finish on the skin! Doesnt leave that powdery look and perferct compact packaging. I used to use Charlotte Tilbury's face powder and Kevin Aucoin's loose powder but felt they were tooooo pricey to keep repurchasing. This is as good without the massive price tag!