Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder

Filtered by age: 36-43
Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder
Bourjois Healthy Balance PowderBourjois Healthy Balance Powder

3.4

TALC,NYLON-12,OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE,KAOLIN,ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE,DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER,ZINC PCA,METHYLPARABEN,PARFUM (FRAGRANCE),TOCOPHERYL ACETATE,ZINC STEARATE,AQUA (WATER),BUTYLENE GLYCOL,PROPYLPARABEN,DIOSPYROS KAKI FRUIT EXTRACT,CITRUS JUNOS FRUIT EXTRACT,[+/- (MAY CONTAIN) :CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES),CI 77019 (MICA),CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES),CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE)]11BMT001-1A

on 4/8/2016 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I would, but it oxidizes like a bitch.... I look like I've been rolling in cheetos. Pity as it feels great!

on 2/25/2016 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I wanted to love it. The package was light and slim. When I first applied it with brush, I thought it was worth the rave. The powder was "invisible". It was not super matte so my skin still looked natural. But after a couple hours, it seriously oxidized. My face became oddly earthy! Worse still, the texture became super drying and matte. I needed to take it all off at my office. And I don't have such experience with any other brands.

on 6/1/2015 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This powder is finely milled, so it feels like you are wearing nothing. It controls oil better than other powders (Rimmel Stay Matte, which I did not like very much), and it has a light-medium coverage, so you can use it on its own, but also to set your liquid foundation. It lasts 5-6 hours on my skin if I do not touch my face.
I usually use mineral makeup with just a few ingredients, because other powders (such as MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural) break me out, but this one did not.
The packaging is sturdy and really compact, so you can take it in your purse. It is also ideal for touch-ups, since it has a mirror.
The product has a smell to it, but it did not find it to be overwhelming
The color I have is 53 Beige Claire which is a good match for my NC20-25 skin. The product has 9 g/0.32 oz. and costs 10.25 at my local drugstore.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this powder. Lovely smell, long-lasting coverage. I've switched from my (much more expensive) Clarins powder. Nice slim compact but you do need to use your own brush. A definite re-purchase.

on 5/14/2013 9:51:00 AM

I have this in the shade 52 vanilla. The colour is perfect, it is quite yellow and that is what I look for to counteract the redness in my face. My previous face powder was the Clarins mineral powder. This compares as follows to the much more expensive Clarins: shade � Bourjois just about trumps Clarins (more of a neutral yellow shade). Mattifying power � the Clarins was just about useless in this respect so Bourjois is better. It does hold reasonably matte during the day, and I normally do get quite shiny very quickly. Finish � this is what lets the Bourjois powder down: it has quite a dry, powdery finish and emphasises any dry flakes on my skin. It also goes on cakey if I put on too much. It has a lot of coverage, even too much as I like my powders on the sheer side. The packaging is also annoying as it does not accommodate any kind of puff. I have used this powder for a couple of weeks now, and based on this though I think it is decent especially for the price, I would not repurchase. *** UPDATE: This is so drying. I am convinced it has contributed to my skin flaking, not just exacerbated existing flakes. I never had this problem with Clarins.

on 2/14/2013 11:05:00 AM

I purchased the lightest shade in '52' and I was a little skeptical at first as I wear all my Bourjois foundations in 51. Luckily this is a good match for my complexion, for MAC reference I am a NC15 or a Matchmaster shade 1. The Bourjois powder is finely milled, blends beautifully applied with a powder brush, and does an awesome job of keeping my oilier t-zone matte without drying out my skin. Not 10 hours as per the claims, but a good 5 to 6 before I need to blot or touch-up. The compact packaging is very slim, but doesn't include a make-up sponge/puff nor is there room for one, so taking it along in a make-up bag one must remember to pack a sponge/puff or brush. Overall I'm really impressed with this powder and I will repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

* ME - NC25-30 (medium-to-light beige with yellow undertones). Normal to dry, drier in the winter.
* PRODUCT CLAIMS - Ultra fine and melting texture with 10 hours matte finish and boosted radiance. Asian fruit therapy: Sharon fruit for hydration and Yuzu fruit for an anti-shine finish.
* REVIEW - I purchased this in Beige Clair / Light Beige (53) as a companion to the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation also in the same color. After testing this out for the past couple of months in conjunction with the Healthy Mix Serum foundation, I am pleased to report that this does not disappoint.
* PLUSES:
+ Beige Clair / Light Beige (53) is a good match for my skin tone
+ Sets makeup beautifully and absorbs excess oil
+ Nice smooth, silky texture
+ Does not feel heavy, cakey or dull and is not ashy whatsoever
+ Does not contain fragrance (or the fragrance is so light, I don't really smell it).
* MINUSES:
- Does not last 10 hours as claimed (Really, Bourjois?!)
- No SPF
- No powder puff included and no space for one either
* PRICE - About 15 at drugstores.
* VERDICT - As a companion to Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation, this works well for me. Packaging wise, its feels a little cheap. This is a simple plastic pressed compact with mirror inside. I would prefer a powder puff to go with it but unfortunately, there's not even space for one, making on the go touch-ups a bit difficult. A minor complaint given the products performance does outweigh its design faults. I like that it gives a natural finish without making my skin look flat or dull. As with the Healthy Mix Serum foundation, I am quite pleased with this pressed powder.