Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder

Filtered by age: 30-35
Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder
Bourjois Healthy Balance PowderBourjois Healthy Balance Powder

4.3

TALC,NYLON-12,OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE,KAOLIN,ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE,DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER,ZINC PCA,METHYLPARABEN,PARFUM (FRAGRANCE),TOCOPHERYL ACETATE,ZINC STEARATE,AQUA (WATER),BUTYLENE GLYCOL,PROPYLPARABEN,DIOSPYROS KAKI FRUIT EXTRACT,CITRUS JUNOS FRUIT EXTRACT,[+/- (MAY CONTAIN) :CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES),CI 77019 (MICA),CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES),CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE)]11BMT001-1A

I'm NC25 with neutral to warm undertones. Picked this up in Vanilla 52 (S$19.50) given the rave reviews and also my desire to mattify my mid-afternoon shiny T-zone (base: Clinique Superbalanced foundation in 63 Fresh Beige and a thin layer of translucent loose powder by Clinique).

As the powder came on its own with no sponge or applicator, I bought a small lilac powder brush from Essence (S$5.50) when I was at Watsons (local drugstore). The two items worked together like a charm! The shade is lightly yellow which fits my Asian skin tone and the powder is so fine that it settles nicely onto my skin, leaving an even finish which is not powdery/cakey or heavy looking (hence healthy looking skin effect). The packaging is in a nice ruby red, there's a mirror attached for convenience, and it's slim enough to slip into any handbag. Overall, I'm very impressed with this compact powder!

UPDATE: Vanilla 52 is an excellent match for my NC25 bare skin i.e. sans foundation. The powder when applied with Essence Powder Brush gives an even and light veil of colouring that makes the skin look healthy. Loving this powder!

on 11/9/2016 6:44:00 AM

If you have a problems with oily skin, and/or shiny nose/forehead, this product is probably not for you.
For me, it works, the vanilla scent is quite pleasant. I would call it a light powder, for every day use. For a special occasion, I would upgrade to another product.

When I first tried it I thought it was just meh. Nothing overly exciting and pressed powders don't really excite me the way loose powders do anyway. I applied it with a sponge puff applicator and it seems to look powdery and uneven on my skin. But then I tried it with my buffing brush (MAC 187) and WOW! When I swirled the brush into the pan, it seemed to turn it into a beautiful, finely-milled powder. It applied to my skin flawlessly. I'm sure using a powder or kabuki brush would have the same effect.

I bought this as part of a 'buy one, get one half price' deal at Boots. (Got both foundation and powder for under £15, total bargain). I got the powder in 52 Vanilla which is a good match for my fair, cool-toned skin.
The compact itself is round, very slim and fits into the palm of my hand. It's a bright red colour which I'm not overly fussed on (Bourjois packaging is usually very beautiful and elegant too). It contains a mirror but no sponge applicator. I'm glad it doesn't come with a sponge applicator because I mightn't have tried applying it with my brush and the compact would be much thicker.

on 12/27/2015 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this is shade 52-Vanille.
This pressed powder comes in a nice, sleek compact, which is great to carry with you. It doesn't have it's own sponge applicator, I bought a set of Boots own brand ones - the really thin ones and they fit perfectly in the compact. Like that it can work for touch ups, unless you like to carry a retractable powder brush which would work just fine too.
I apply it to set my make up or on bare skin on minimal make up days with either the RT powder brush (to set make up) or the Bourjois kabuki brush (on bare skin).
Gives a nice matte effect that doesn't look caked on and it doesn't pile up in my fine lines on my forehead nor does it cling to the odd dry patch I may have. It's not drying nor irritating.
Has a subtle scent in the compact but I don't smell it on the skin after application.
I really love this and I have already repurchased (at my second one currently with another repurchase on the horizon as I'm running out of this soon).
I don't need to buy other matte finish powder, the price point is great for what it is. There's tons out there that cost even 4-5 times as much and do the same, so no point in buying something more expensive to achieve the same result.

Not sure what rating to give to this, maybe a 4.5. I just wish it had a touch more coverage.

I use no liquids or creams, only powder over a generous application of sunscreen. So I have tried several inexpensive or midrange powders and use a few of them daily, on different parts of my face depending where I need more oil control or coverage.

I had been curious about Healthy Balance for a while and I finally pulled the trigger where I found it on my latest trip to Europe for about 10 CAD. no excuse not to try it.

It is slightly more mattifying than my beloved wnw Coverall but it has much less coverage. Smell in a powder is unusual for me and this has a strong smell, but by no means unpleasant. The compact is thin with no brush/sponge and a large mirror.

Will I repurchase? not sure. From what I've heard I expect Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless to be very similar to this. Same finish, same coverage. Maybe I will purchase that one instead to try it.

For now I use it on my nose area with some more pigmented powder on top for more coverage. On my forehead I need something more mattifying and with even less coverage.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a good powder if all that you're looking for is a basic powder. It blends easily, seals your foundation well, and keeps the oil at bay effectively. However, something about the *finish* of this powder is keeping me from repurchasing it. The product does not sit on top of your skin, so you won't have to worry about that. However, it doesn't make your skin look *nicer*, you know? With this powder on, I feel that I looked better with just foundation. Overall, a simple, basic, run of the mill powder.

on 1/15/2014 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This powder doesn't really cover blemishes, but it does leave my face feeling smooth and gives me a natural look, not cakey or too powdery. It has a nice fragrance to it and blends nicely. The downfall is the packaging. It doesn't come with a puff and even if you were to purchase one on your own, it wouldn't fit in the compact. They should really change this cheap packaging. Other then that, I like it and will probably continue to purchase it.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The most amazing compact powder ever. I use it in 56 - Hale Claire and it suits my skin tone perfectly, its hard to find such a perfect match. Sometimes I use it over my foundation or BB Cream, sometimes on its own. It keeps my face matte for my 8-9 hour work day. I also used it when I was on holiday in Budapest in the Summer (40 degrees celcius) and my face looked so fresh in the pictures, even at the end of the day. I think it does last the 10 hours that it claims. I also love the cute red packaging. Its also quite sturdy considering that I dropped the powder from chest height and the packaging did not break. I already have a backup but will definitely repurchase when I run through that one.

on 1/17/2013 6:20:00 PM

I am so impressed by most of Bourjois' complexion products (and not so much for the colour make up for which they are more recognised). This powder is a great value basic, which offers anti-shine properties and yet doesn't dry out the skin. Typical of most of Bourjois' products, it has a significant scent, so that may irritate some sensitive people but I like it. The packaging is very simple but robust, no room for a puff but I prefer to carry a retractable powder brush anyway for better application.

A good product, does what it proposes!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a great value product. No it doesn't last the 10 hours it claims but I'd be damned if any powder ever has on my t-zone. I have it in 52, which is the lightest available and it has a peachy undertone, but in a youthful subtle way, not a drag queen orange way. As someone who never uses a powder puff I have not missed the fact that it doesn't have one. It's quite a light smooth setting powder rather than a thick powder foundation. It mattifies my t-zone and I probably have to reapply up to twice daily. I've found you can apply concealer on top when doing touch ups with no problem. I've not been the biggest of fan of bourgois products in the past, got this on a whim and it has really impressed me.