Illamasqua Load

Illamasqua Load

4.3

on 8/12/2012 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Load, as the lecherous name implies, is an off white with a slight hint of yellow. It's very wearable unlike something that is pure white, but is still loud enough to garner attention to the wearer in a flattering way.

From all the polishes I've tried from Illamasqua, this one is the most difficult to work with. It takes three coats to get a nice, opaque true-to-bottle color, as well as eliminating any streaking. As a previous reviewer mentioned, it's a bit of a pain when you start at the cuticle but I found that after a few applications I found how to make it work to the best, smoothest potential. The color is so awesome looking that I think it's worth the extra work to make it look perfect.

Like all Illamasqua polishes, this one lasts very long with no to minor chipping throughout the week. Note: I am very hard on my nails, data entry and all that.

on 5/14/2012 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

An ever so slightly dirty funky pale creamy yellowish white. Probably the most tenacious formula I have tried. Seems to have hit the spot regarding colour and composition. In-your-face rebellious opposite challenge to grungy black.
Makes you wonder where crap formulations in high-end brands, at the same price and considerably more, come from...

on 3/28/2012 12:35:00 AM

Illamasqua Load is a creamy, opaque, pale YELLOW polish. I'm not quite sure it lives up to its name. It appears as a pale Easter type yellow on the nails, not the "off white" that it's described as. Application was a bit streaky with drag near the cuticle. Took 3 coats to achieve opacity and uniformity. Wear has been good, as with all Illamasqua polishes I've tried. Looks nice with a flaky applied over it. I'm not sure if I will keep this product, as I was hoping for an off white color. For a pale yellow, however, it is very nice and looks better on than other similar shades I've tried.

Popular Polishes