The Body Shop Rainforest Volumizing Shampoo

No Image

2.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate (Surfactant), Lauryl Betaine (Surfactant), Honey (Natural Additive), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate (Surfactant), Sodium Chloride (Viscosity Modifier), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Glycerin (Humectant), Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Fragrance (Fragrance), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Sucrose Laurate (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Isopropyl Alcohol (Solvent), Polyquaternium-6 (Conditioner), Salicylic Acid (Preservative/Hair Conditioner), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Skin Conditioning Agent), Paullinia Cupana Seed Extract (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Panax Ginseng (Ginseng) Root Extract (Natural Additive), Pentaclethra Macroloba Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant)

on 2/16/2017 5:16:00 AM

I love body shop and I have never regretted buying products from them before. But this shampoo is clearly the worst shampoo I've ever tried. Love the smell, but everything else just doesn't work. I have somewhat normal to thick hair, the gel like consistency doesn't apply well to roots of my hair at all. I have used this shampoo 3 times now and I feel like it doesn't even clean my hair. Hair on the back of my head looks and feels slightly greasy just 10 hours after washing my hair with this product. And I haven't had oily hair since I was a teenager, these days my hair has actually been between normal to dry - and I wash my hair every other day - but this shampoo reminded me how horrible it is to have greasy roots... Well I'll try to mix it with water later when the bottle is little bit emptier, perhaps that will make consistency easier to apply and lather. Maybe this is better product to use if you have thin hair, don't know.

on 12/11/2015 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I decided to get a travel-sized bottle of this on an impromptu visit to the Body Shop a while back. My hair gets very oily two days after shampooing, and I am always looking for something to thicken up my thin hair strands and not weigh things down further. This shampoo is clear, somewhat gel-like, and smells fruity-- very grape-like to my nose. The first week I used it, the results were great: Hair was clean, fluffy, and wonderfully scented. Three weeks in though, the results have definitely tapered off. I seem to be using more shampoo per wash, and my hair still doesn't feel clean. The roots are gummy and sticky, and everything just looks very weighed down in general. I don't know if this is the fault of the shampoo, water buildup, or something else. I'm a bit disappointed overall, and wouldn't get the full size.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After the disastrous experience I had with Kiehl's Aminoacid shampoo which left me with limp, coarse and dull hair I wanted to try anything so I grabbed this product. So far it's been a very pleasant surprise: my hair is baby soft, clean and I can't believe how shiny it is. I almost didn't dare to try it after I read all the negative reviews, but I'm glad I did. It doesn't add much volume but at least it smells amazing.

One of the worst shampoos I have ever used, hands down. I bought this along with the conditioner (which also sucks) because of a deal The Body Shop was having. Man, am I disappointed.

At first, I really liked it because my hair felt silky and clean, but after about half a day, it was flat, oily and disgusting. I thought maybe I should give it a few weeks so my scalp could get used to the new shampoo...no. Not only does it not volumize worth a crap, it actually makes my hair flatter, even if I blow dry it. I have long, straight hair with thin strands and this shampoo did absolutely nothing for volume or body. I tried salvaging my hair a couple times with dry shampoo (I tried on separate occasions the following: Klorane, Batiste, Tresemme) and it did not play well. *shudder*

Suffice it to say I will never buy this again or recommend it to anyone. It gets two stars for being better than nothing (barely) and smelling amazing. Otherwise, PASS.

on 4/8/2012 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This shampoo definitely does add volume, and it smells pretty good - but it can cause buildup. I will probably be using it for the days when I want that extra oomph, but clarifying on the next day. It doesn't suds up as much as sulfate-based shampoos, but that's to be expected. Still does a good job of cleansing the hair, but it adds too much of its own "volume" back, and that makes hair harder to brush/run fingers through.

Oh, also, I have no idea if this is related, by my hair gets more static-y when I use this. Might be a coincidence, might not be.