LUSH Herbalism

LUSH Herbalism
LUSH Herbalism face wash & Vanishing Cream moistur

3.4

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Kaolin, Glycerine, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex, Aqua, urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Vinegar, Rosmannus Officinalis (Rosemary) Flower Extract, Oryza Satova (Rice) Bran, Gardenia Florida Extract, Rosa Damascena Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Perfume

on 9/14/2018 6:50:00 AM

Used this for almost two years straight, every day. I'll say this for Herbalism, it never broke me out, unlike Angels on Bare Skin, nor it sucked my skin dry like Fresh Farmacy, and works as a mild scrub, which I enjoy. Other than that, like most Lust skincare products it doesn't do much, so you can get away with using it if your skin is agreeable enough and if you like the whole fair trade/environmentalist brand image cultivated by Lush but don't expect it to revolutionize your skin. Luckily I don't need a lot of heavy lifting when it comes to my skincare products, as a result of my normal/combo skin. Went in for my first facial after using it for years and my beautician confirmed that it had done little for my skin. For the price you'll be better off buying a basic drugstore cleanser, and it may do more for your pores than Herbalism. Also, the smell is a little pungent but you definitely get used to it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

I started using Herbalism 3 years ago to manage my combination sensitive skin. It has been quite effective in keeping my skin calm and reduce breakouts. However I do feel a film over my skin once in a while, and sometimes does not give the 'clean' feeling after I wash my face. Usually, ignoring it and using the toner loses that 'filmy' feeling quickly. But sometimes I just wash my face again. My skin got too dry after a while, so I used it with moisturiser.

For the past year I've been using it together with the Eau Roma Water toner, and the moisturisers Vanishing Cream (in the day) and Celestial (at night).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

being a former LUSH SA all I can say is that this product is Rat Garbage. Grass clippings, rice bran and some kaolin are the bulk of this disaster. Mild exfoliation maybe, but a sure way to clog pores in the end.

on 2/28/2018 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Suffered from acne most of my teen and adult life tried medicinal products such as clindoxyl gels and others and it just aggravated it more. It wasnt until I was introduced to this product that my life was transformed. As dramatic as I may sound, I rarely right reviews but this completely changed my skin. My break outs slowed down and after a year of using it consistently I rarely have any breakouts now. And a plus to this product is that after cleansing with it, my face doesnt feel stripped of moisture/natural oils and almost feels like I dont need to moisturize. Def a staple/HG.

I like this product. It feels nice on the skin and cleanse your skin well. The price is also Ok for what it does.

on 5/14/2017 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I was recommended this product a few months ago and received a sample of it which I ended up falling in love with as it cleared up a sudden outbreak of pimples I had and left me with a brightened face. I decided to purchase the full size soon after. It helped moisture my skin and keep it clear for awhile but soon it stopped working. It didn't make my skin worse but it didn't make it better nor give me the brightening effect it use to. I feel like the only times I see a difference from using this cleanser is when I use it once in awhile. For example, I'll wash my face with a different cleanser for a week and then switch back to my Lush one for a week. It's a fairly gentle cleanser if that's what you're looking for but otherwise, save your money.

I LOVE THIS STUFF! For years, I had the most awful, uncontrollable cystic acne, with incredibly sensitive skin that was super easily dried out by pretty much all commercial products as well as the countless things prescribed to me by my dermatologist. I was just about at the point where I was ready to take Accutane, the pill that makes you immune to acne, but for some reason I decided to try this first. Even though I'd liked using Angels on Bare Skin in the past, I had very low hopes considering that my skin seemed to be completely unmanageable. However, I started seeing a significant improvement in my acne in just a week, and after a month or two of using herbalism, I started having cystic breakouts only very rarely. Later, I added Lush's tea tree water to my routine, and later bumped my tea tree oil usage up to their Grease Lightning. Once I started using the Grease Lightning once a day after washing with Herbalism, my acne problem basically disappeared. Over the course of like six months, I went from thoroughly believing that I would have hideous acne forever to having only the occasional, non-cystic breakout! This is really amazing for those with oily/acne-prone skin, and I recommend it more than anything. Also, check out Acure's brightening facial scrub for when you need a really good exfoliation. Works wonders.

I've just pulled this product out after buying three years ago! I know thats a long long time past the expiry date but it's just proven the ability of this cleanser to me. Within days it had gotten rid of the bumps on my face from my boyfriend's beard 😒 and the blemishes on my chin. Even three years after it's expiry date this stuff still works like a dream for me. I've come to really enjoy the earthy scent and the gentle exfoliation is a highlight for me. Sometimes I'll even use a gentle exfoliant after it to really smooth out my skin.

I've never experienced the "film" that people talk about on my skin. That may be due to the age of my tub but my skin is always left feeling fresh and matte, never oily.

This isn't the only product i'm using and I have just started to really get into my skincare but I really think this has a large part to do with the massive change in my skin in just a few days.

Yes the price is up there but you only really need to use a tiny bit each day so it'll last you a long time. And for the quality of the product i'm willing to pay it. I don't have much of a problem with the packaging, it can be a little tricky to open with wet hands but it's really not a big issue. That being said I highly recommend using this in the shower, it's much easier and way less messy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is my favorite cleaner from lush, and it does a really good job of cleansing my face. I have combination skin that's kinda sensitive, and I get pimples quite easily. After I started using this cleaner, I saw a noticeable decrease in the amount of pimples I got. Also, I have a habit of popping any pimples on my face, so I have a number of acne scars, and this cleanser made them fade away faster! The redness in my face decreased and now my complexion is much clearer.
It takes awhile to get used to using though. You take a pea sized amount, add a bit of water, and rub it on your face. The first time I used this I added too much water and it was a little messy, but I got the hang of it in the next try. The cleanser left a thin layer on my face, and it left my face feeling more moisturized and clean. A thing to note is the scent. It's quite strong, and smells of herbs and vinegar and some people might not appreciate it. I really love it though, so I enjoy using this every night. I will definitely repurchase this product when I run out.

on 4/11/2017 10:04:00 AM

I tried a sample of this. I never tried any Lush products as well as cleanser containing kaolin because i feel like they will dry my skin out. Although i have a combi skin, i hate to use skincare products for oily and combi skin. This cleanser did meet my expectation, feels comforting on my skin at first but after washing, i can feel a "film" on my skin. My skin feels tacky and sticky just like i have a rubber layer on my face. It may sound weird but i dont find it nice. I prefer cleanser with lighter texture that leaves my skin feeling hydrated,, soft but "airy" without being over-hydrated. Something enjoyable about this is it's all natural but i would still stick with my classic favorite Natural Siberica cleansing foaming mousse. glad i didnt purchase full size of this babe.