LUSH Herbalism

LUSH Herbalism

3.4

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Kaolin, Glycerine, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex, Aqua, urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Vinegar, Rosmannus Officinalis (Rosemary) Flower Extract, Oryza Satova (Rice) Bran, Gardenia Florida Extract, Rosa Damascena Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Perfume

on 7/23/2016 7:21:00 AM

This product is okay.I have sensitive oily acne-prone skin.My skin is SO sensitive that almost all drugstore face cleansers made my skin itch and sting!Luckily a friend of mine recommended Herbalism to me.This product did not irritate my skin at all!It cleared up most of my acne.I saw improvements within the first week of using it.At the end of the 2nd week,my face was acne free,however,at around the 3rd week of using it,a few pimples came back and a few days later,my face was covered in pimples again!I love this product a lot but im really disappointed.I might still buy this product again because it is really good at exfoliating and it leaves my skin feeling so incredibly soft after using it.

Herbalism is one of Lush's solid facial cleansers. It is bright green and ever so slightly scrubby so that it leaves my face feeling soft, clean and refreshed. However, my first thought on this product was that it absolutely stinks!! It smells strongly of herbs and vinegar. However, after using it for a few days, I got used to the smell and it no longer bothers me, however it is still something that must be mentioned! To use the cleanser, I use a small amount and add a bit of water so it becomes a milky-paste. Then I apply in a gentle, circular motion all over my damp face before rinsing off with water. It is simple to use once you get the hang of it, though solid cleanser newbies may be turned off by this at first. Herbalism leaves my combination skin feeling clean and refreshed. It doesn't cause any irritation or make my skin dry. It cleared up my pimples very quickly which is great! The only other downfall of this product is that you must use a makeup remove prior to using it, Herbalism will not remove makeup from your face.

To Read all 353 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/1/2016 2:35:00 AM

I have tried products from the expensive to the cheap. This is the only products that does what it says for my acne oily prone skin. Yes I have strayed looking for the next best thing, but I have always regretted it and come back to my beloved herbalism.

Holy grail cleanser! I have acne-prone skin, and this is the best cleanser I have ever used to help control it. It leaves my skin feeling so smooth, and I definitely see a noticeable difference when I use this versus when I don't. I would highly suggest buying this! I have tried so many cleansers, and this is the one that has worked for me best.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This works for me better than Fresh Farmacy, because I can use FF only couple of times in week because it dries my skin too much, but this I can use everyday and it cleans my face but doesn't make it dry. I don't mind the smell because I love all the LUSH products and its smells and nothing really bothers me.

on 4/25/2016 4:26:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this product after seeing so many good reviews on how great it is on acne-prone skin. The first week of using this every other day, my skin felt soft afterwards, but I've developed tiny white heads the day after. I'm not 100% sure if its the cleanser causing my breakout but I didn't change up anything else in my daily routine and I thought it was weird bc I usually get cystic acne, not little whiteheads.

Overall, the product is a good exfoliator. However, i would not repurchase and would probably exchange this for something else

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I had never purchased anything from Lush before and always try to use as many natural products as I can. For about 6 months I have been suffering from acne mostly on my forehead and chin. I am 25 and have never had acne in my life before now. The rest of my face is quite sensitive and I am also prone to dry patches here and there. The whole package yay for me.

I popped into a Lush by chance on my way home one day and asked the Salesgirl for her help, she showed me this and Fresh Farmacy but I bought this because its 100%natural ingredients and FF has sulfates which I avoid as they break me out even more.

Well 2 weeks later and my acne has completly cleared up, the scarring is almost dissappeared and the overall tone of my face is so much better. I use it morning and night as a single cleanse (if im wearing make up i remove it with an oil cleanser beforehand) and i use sweet almond oil as a moisturizer after.

It can be tricky to get the consistency right and you have to make sure to wash your hands before taking it out of the pot if you dont have a small spatula but the fiddleness of it is worth it in my opinion. I like the smell of it too, it smells fresh like newly cut grass but I can imagine it not being for everyone. I will definitely be purchasing this again and again and I recommend it if you are suffering from break outs but dont want something that dries your skin out.

If you have been using this and it hasnt helped, I would suggest taking a look at the ingredients in your other skincare products. For example, most moisturizers are based on coconut oil or cacao butter which are THE WORST for blocking your pores. You can search 'comedogenic ratings' and there is a list of all of the ingredients that block/do not block your pores. It has really helped me!

on 4/16/2016 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing product! My face, particularly my cheeks, has always been reddish due to acne and acne scars. But ever since I've used this product on my face, the redness and scars have disappeared. It works very well honestly. What I specifically do is grab a pea-size amount to my palm, add 2-3 drops of water, mix, and then apply all over my face. I do not immediately wash it out as the instructions say to do. Instead, I leave it on for 20-30 minutes. Once I rinse, my face is so soft and smooth.

on 4/14/2016 8:57:00 AM

Im using this product because it was in the top 10 cleansers for oily and acne prone skin on some website i was reading. Im on this thing for 3 weeks now and sad to say i didnt see any results, im actually breaking out right now like cystic acne here and there so i dont know if this is the cause or its because of the new moisturizer im using. Still, its not helping my breakouts. I would really love for my skin to like this product so im giving it time, maybe il finish 1 jar then i can update my review.

Unbelievable product. saved my skin!!!

Background:
-i did not have cystic acne
-i had patches of hundreds of little red bumps mostly on my forehead and cheeks

after 1 week of use (morning and night) i saw SIGNIFICANT difference!!

use along with witch hazel as toner and a benzoyl peroxide spot treatment for bigger pimples

10/10 would recommend