LUSH Herbalism

LUSH Herbalism
LUSH Herbalism face wash & Vanishing Cream moistur

3.4

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Kaolin, Glycerine, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex, Aqua, urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Vinegar, Rosmannus Officinalis (Rosemary) Flower Extract, Oryza Satova (Rice) Bran, Gardenia Florida Extract, Rosa Damascena Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Perfume

on 5/14/2017 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I was recommended this product a few months ago and received a sample of it which I ended up falling in love with as it cleared up a sudden outbreak of pimples I had and left me with a brightened face. I decided to purchase the full size soon after. It helped moisture my skin and keep it clear for awhile but soon it stopped working. It didn't make my skin worse but it didn't make it better nor give me the brightening effect it use to. I feel like the only times I see a difference from using this cleanser is when I use it once in awhile. For example, I'll wash my face with a different cleanser for a week and then switch back to my Lush one for a week. It's a fairly gentle cleanser if that's what you're looking for but otherwise, save your money.

I LOVE THIS STUFF! For years, I had the most awful, uncontrollable cystic acne, with incredibly sensitive skin that was super easily dried out by pretty much all commercial products as well as the countless things prescribed to me by my dermatologist. I was just about at the point where I was ready to take Accutane, the pill that makes you immune to acne, but for some reason I decided to try this first. Even though I'd liked using Angels on Bare Skin in the past, I had very low hopes considering that my skin seemed to be completely unmanageable. However, I started seeing a significant improvement in my acne in just a week, and after a month or two of using herbalism, I started having cystic breakouts only very rarely. Later, I added Lush's tea tree water to my routine, and later bumped my tea tree oil usage up to their Grease Lightning. Once I started using the Grease Lightning once a day after washing with Herbalism, my acne problem basically disappeared. Over the course of like six months, I went from thoroughly believing that I would have hideous acne forever to having only the occasional, non-cystic breakout! This is really amazing for those with oily/acne-prone skin, and I recommend it more than anything. Also, check out Acure's brightening facial scrub for when you need a really good exfoliation. Works wonders.

I've just pulled this product out after buying three years ago! I know thats a long long time past the expiry date but it's just proven the ability of this cleanser to me. Within days it had gotten rid of the bumps on my face from my boyfriend's beard 😒 and the blemishes on my chin. Even three years after it's expiry date this stuff still works like a dream for me. I've come to really enjoy the earthy scent and the gentle exfoliation is a highlight for me. Sometimes I'll even use a gentle exfoliant after it to really smooth out my skin.

I've never experienced the "film" that people talk about on my skin. That may be due to the age of my tub but my skin is always left feeling fresh and matte, never oily.

This isn't the only product i'm using and I have just started to really get into my skincare but I really think this has a large part to do with the massive change in my skin in just a few days.

Yes the price is up there but you only really need to use a tiny bit each day so it'll last you a long time. And for the quality of the product i'm willing to pay it. I don't have much of a problem with the packaging, it can be a little tricky to open with wet hands but it's really not a big issue. That being said I highly recommend using this in the shower, it's much easier and way less messy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is my favorite cleaner from lush, and it does a really good job of cleansing my face. I have combination skin that's kinda sensitive, and I get pimples quite easily. After I started using this cleaner, I saw a noticeable decrease in the amount of pimples I got. Also, I have a habit of popping any pimples on my face, so I have a number of acne scars, and this cleanser made them fade away faster! The redness in my face decreased and now my complexion is much clearer.
It takes awhile to get used to using though. You take a pea sized amount, add a bit of water, and rub it on your face. The first time I used this I added too much water and it was a little messy, but I got the hang of it in the next try. The cleanser left a thin layer on my face, and it left my face feeling more moisturized and clean. A thing to note is the scent. It's quite strong, and smells of herbs and vinegar and some people might not appreciate it. I really love it though, so I enjoy using this every night. I will definitely repurchase this product when I run out.

on 4/11/2017 10:04:00 AM

I tried a sample of this. I never tried any Lush products as well as cleanser containing kaolin because i feel like they will dry my skin out. Although i have a combi skin, i hate to use skincare products for oily and combi skin. This cleanser did meet my expectation, feels comforting on my skin at first but after washing, i can feel a "film" on my skin. My skin feels tacky and sticky just like i have a rubber layer on my face. It may sound weird but i dont find it nice. I prefer cleanser with lighter texture that leaves my skin feeling hydrated,, soft but "airy" without being over-hydrated. Something enjoyable about this is it's all natural but i would still stick with my classic favorite Natural Siberica cleansing foaming mousse. glad i didnt purchase full size of this babe.

on 3/25/2017 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

This mask was meh, I really wish I could like it more than I do.

I tried using this product ALONE everyday once a day for two week to see if it would help. My acne wasnt affected by herbalism at all, if anything it was getting worse from not using my regular skincare routine. It does make your skin feel clean tho, but don't leave it on for too long because it gets kinda greasy/oily. And it does have a nice earthy sort of smell and looks pretty cool.

This didn't work for my teenage acne but everyone is different so I'd still encourage you to give it a try.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really wish I liked this cleanser more than I do. There's really nothing wrong with it at all, I find it does it's juob in cleaning my skin, taking makeup off (even concealer and foundation!) and exfoliates skin...but I don't think it improved my skin at all. I have constant moderate acne (white heads, black heads, cystic, acne scars, you name it) and my skin is usually oily with the occasional dry patch around the mouth or nose area. The reason I'm on the fence about this is I'm not really looking for a cleanser that's going to cure me of all my skin problems, because I'm pretty sure anything that just sits on my face for like 40 seconds a day then is washed away isn't going to do much of anything, but it is on the pricier side and isn't the most convenient product to use. It takes a few times to get used to the consistency of the cleanser, and even now after using it for almost 2 months I find I'll sometimes drop a piece of it down the drain accidentally. I also really don'y like the packaging, it's easy for water to get into the jar turning the product a little mushy, and sticking my fingers in it all the time definitely allows for bacteria to grow faster. If this cleanser was made by any other brand, I would probably use it all up then continue my search for another product, but because it's Lush, I might repurchase because I believe so strongly in their brand and ethics.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Not something I would buy again or recommend. It was overly complicated to use and insanely messy. My bathroom was covered with green water droplets! It's smell is really... ummm.... distinct. I don't know if it's good or bad but it's definitely strong and unique. I have dry, acne prone skin that is very sensitive and temperamental. Based off of other reviews I was hoping it would gently keep my pores clear but I was left with red irritated skin covered in painful bumps. I ultimately returned it to LUSH to get my money back - Oh and it was expensive but I imagine if I was coordinated enough to actually use it properly, then the cost breakdown would have been great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This shit is horrible !! it controls oil , but for acne it made my skin 10x worse than it was , don't believe all the bullshit reviews this stuff smells like food and clogged my pores . gross ass product will never recommend this to anyone or buy it ever again taking this crap back!

After reading other reviews I was pretty excited to try herbalism but 6 weeks of this treatment has left me underwhelmed. I use it daily after washing my face and found no change at all in my acne (on my forehead) I had no problem with smell of consistency but would not be purchasing again, especially at $175 a kg :(