LUSH Herbalism

LUSH Herbalism
LUSH Herbalism face wash & Vanishing Cream moistur

3.4

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Kaolin, Glycerine, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex, Aqua, urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Vinegar, Rosmannus Officinalis (Rosemary) Flower Extract, Oryza Satova (Rice) Bran, Gardenia Florida Extract, Rosa Damascena Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Perfume

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really wish I liked this cleanser more than I do. There's really nothing wrong with it at all, I find it does it's juob in cleaning my skin, taking makeup off (even concealer and foundation!) and exfoliates skin...but I don't think it improved my skin at all. I have constant moderate acne (white heads, black heads, cystic, acne scars, you name it) and my skin is usually oily with the occasional dry patch around the mouth or nose area. The reason I'm on the fence about this is I'm not really looking for a cleanser that's going to cure me of all my skin problems, because I'm pretty sure anything that just sits on my face for like 40 seconds a day then is washed away isn't going to do much of anything, but it is on the pricier side and isn't the most convenient product to use. It takes a few times to get used to the consistency of the cleanser, and even now after using it for almost 2 months I find I'll sometimes drop a piece of it down the drain accidentally. I also really don'y like the packaging, it's easy for water to get into the jar turning the product a little mushy, and sticking my fingers in it all the time definitely allows for bacteria to grow faster. If this cleanser was made by any other brand, I would probably use it all up then continue my search for another product, but because it's Lush, I might repurchase because I believe so strongly in their brand and ethics.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Not something I would buy again or recommend. It was overly complicated to use and insanely messy. My bathroom was covered with green water droplets! It's smell is really... ummm.... distinct. I don't know if it's good or bad but it's definitely strong and unique. I have dry, acne prone skin that is very sensitive and temperamental. Based off of other reviews I was hoping it would gently keep my pores clear but I was left with red irritated skin covered in painful bumps. I ultimately returned it to LUSH to get my money back - Oh and it was expensive but I imagine if I was coordinated enough to actually use it properly, then the cost breakdown would have been great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This shit is horrible !! it controls oil , but for acne it made my skin 10x worse than it was , don't believe all the bullshit reviews this stuff smells like food and clogged my pores . gross ass product will never recommend this to anyone or buy it ever again taking this crap back!

After reading other reviews I was pretty excited to try herbalism but 6 weeks of this treatment has left me underwhelmed. I use it daily after washing my face and found no change at all in my acne (on my forehead) I had no problem with smell of consistency but would not be purchasing again, especially at $175 a kg :(

on 7/23/2016 7:21:00 AM

This product is okay.I have sensitive oily acne-prone skin.My skin is SO sensitive that almost all drugstore face cleansers made my skin itch and sting!Luckily a friend of mine recommended Herbalism to me.This product did not irritate my skin at all!It cleared up most of my acne.I saw improvements within the first week of using it.At the end of the 2nd week,my face was acne free,however,at around the 3rd week of using it,a few pimples came back and a few days later,my face was covered in pimples again!I love this product a lot but im really disappointed.I might still buy this product again because it is really good at exfoliating and it leaves my skin feeling so incredibly soft after using it.

Herbalism is one of Lush's solid facial cleansers. It is bright green and ever so slightly scrubby so that it leaves my face feeling soft, clean and refreshed. However, my first thought on this product was that it absolutely stinks!! It smells strongly of herbs and vinegar. However, after using it for a few days, I got used to the smell and it no longer bothers me, however it is still something that must be mentioned! To use the cleanser, I use a small amount and add a bit of water so it becomes a milky-paste. Then I apply in a gentle, circular motion all over my damp face before rinsing off with water. It is simple to use once you get the hang of it, though solid cleanser newbies may be turned off by this at first. Herbalism leaves my combination skin feeling clean and refreshed. It doesn't cause any irritation or make my skin dry. It cleared up my pimples very quickly which is great! The only other downfall of this product is that you must use a makeup remove prior to using it, Herbalism will not remove makeup from your face.

on 7/1/2016 2:35:00 AM

I have tried products from the expensive to the cheap. This is the only products that does what it says for my acne oily prone skin. Yes I have strayed looking for the next best thing, but I have always regretted it and come back to my beloved herbalism.

Holy grail cleanser! I have acne-prone skin, and this is the best cleanser I have ever used to help control it. It leaves my skin feeling so smooth, and I definitely see a noticeable difference when I use this versus when I don't. I would highly suggest buying this! I have tried so many cleansers, and this is the one that has worked for me best.

This works for me better than Fresh Farmacy, because I can use FF only couple of times in week because it dries my skin too much, but this I can use everyday and it cleans my face but doesn't make it dry. I don't mind the smell because I love all the LUSH products and its smells and nothing really bothers me.

on 4/25/2016 4:26:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this product after seeing so many good reviews on how great it is on acne-prone skin. The first week of using this every other day, my skin felt soft afterwards, but I've developed tiny white heads the day after. I'm not 100% sure if its the cleanser causing my breakout but I didn't change up anything else in my daily routine and I thought it was weird bc I usually get cystic acne, not little whiteheads.

Overall, the product is a good exfoliator. However, i would not repurchase and would probably exchange this for something else