L'Oreal EverCreme Nourishing Shampoo

L'Oreal EverCreme Nourishing Shampoo

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Distearate, Decyl Glucoside, Parfum/Fragrance, Polyquaternium-10, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Glycerin, Sodium Benzoate, Coco-Betaine, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Propylene Glycol, Salicyclic Acid, Carbomer, Benzoic Acid, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Camelina Sativa Oil/Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil/Grape Seed Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

Edit! Nevermind! My hair has been falling out due to hormonal issues. I'm so happy to redo this review because I love this line besides the price.

Ugh, it makes me so sad to give this a bad review. I have used the EverCreme line for YEARS, and only recently have I realized that it's making my hair fall out. HUGE clumps of hair have been falling out in the shower. I have been making more of an effort to cowash instead of use shampoo or the cleansing balm that just came out, and there was a night and day difference in how much hair came out in the shower.
I'm so bummed out. This shampoo/conditioner was my HG for years - it was moisturizing, sulfate free, the smell was a delicious dark vanilla, the price was relatively reasonable, etc. But the hair fallout has been terrible. Now I know why my hair has thinned so much over the years.
I'm copying and pasting this onto the shampoos and cleansing balms, as I've gotten hair fallout from every one.

on 5/29/2016 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This shampoo is for dry-normal hair. It's sulfate and protein free.

My hair is slightly dry, medium textured, short, wavy/curly, and color-treated. I use a gel and then let my hair either air dry or I set it on velcro rollers.

This shampoo works well with my hair and scalp. I wash my hair every seven days, so it needs two shampoos. I use this shampoo first and then use L'Oreal's Intense Moisturizing Shampoo for the second washing. I use a volumizing conditioner. My hair is sufficiently moisturized, shines, and has body.

To Read all 73 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/30/2015 12:44:00 PM

I love everything about this shampoo except for the smell as I am not a fan of vanilla.

I am currently trying to save my hair from protein overload so I have been sticking to this shampoo (and actually pairing it with L'Oreal Ultra Sleek conditioner) for the past couple of weeks. This shampoo lathers A LOT which was unexpected as it doesn't contain sulphates. It leaves hair really clean but moisturized. It works wonderfully for my hair in combination with the Ultra Sleek conditioner and my ends finally feel soft again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Good, hydrating, not the best, but at least better then the rest.

on 5/17/2015 6:34:00 AM

My hair: middle back in length, naturally curly, fragile and easily broken, prone to frizz, colour treated, and mature -- well, I am at least. This is very creamy and rich. Does a great job of cleansing without stripping. Tube packaging assures you get every last bit. Custard like vanilla coconut scent. I keep thinking coconut cream pie. It is a noticeable scent but not in your face overbearing. Because this is rich, you must be extra diligent during the rinse.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love this shampoo! It's sulfate-free but still foams up into a rich lather, smells heavenly, and cleans my hair thoroughly without stripping it of moisture. It's hard to find a Curly Girl method-approved shampoo inexpensively at a regular drugstore, so I'm glad this is available. I like the scent better than the EverCurl line. The tube packaging isn't especially travel-friendly, which doesn't bother me much because I don't actually travel, but YMMV.

on 1/11/2015 9:06:00 AM

I wanted to wait a few weeks before reviewing this because this product supposedly transforms the moisture levels in the hair over a few weeks of use. So this is week 3 and I can tell that my hair is adjusting in ways that are beneficial to my hair type which is 3C with other textures. I read a lot about the sulfate free products before purchasing because I really wanted to understand what I was using and why.

1. No sulfates means that during the washing process the hair will is not being completely stripped of its' natural oils and moisture already present in the hair strand.
2. The product instead packs moisture into the hair via essential oils and moisturizers. This way the hair is protected and can stay nice and soft without stripping it. There is also a benefit to the scalp - sulfate free products are meant to reduce dandruff by depositing those same oils into the skin on the scalp.

I have read lots of reviews here that state the hair was left stringy, overly moisturized, gummy, etc. I wonder if this is because the hair was still transitioning from being stripped by those products containing sulfates. If the hair is resistant to absorbing the sulfate free product because of the continued use of sulfates in the hair. Just a thought. Now onto the product quality and performance...

The shampoo is very thick and creamy, much more so than a regular shampoo. This feels more like a rich cream. I followed the directions which do not say how many times to shampoo, so for good measure I shampooed twice. The product seems to foam, not lather, which was fine and I was sure to rinse, rinse, rinse under warm then cool water. My hair (3C, multi-textured) hair felt moist and soft not squeaky clean, not slippery soft like with sulfated products, but the feeling of completely moisturized hair as if the my hair had absorbed as much of the product as it possible could - much like a sponge.

So yes I will continue using the is product for a few more weeks to see if my hair has fully "adjusted" or if it reaches some sort of gummy stage. My plan is to then clarify with a mild shampoo and to keep using it. It's just that good. I might also add that I have natural hair with no chemicals. It gets extremely dry in the cold months and can snap off from static and very cold air. I still used a bit of leave in conditioner to help support the ends of my hair, but feel that this step may not be necessary as the weeks go by. I still have to trim the ends and wrap the hair at night in a satin scarf to help protect it.

on 1/2/2015 12:23:00 PM

I wanted to like this shampoo and conditioner but it made my scalp super itchy and flaky. Returned them.

on 12/26/2014 9:02:00 PM

So after a few runs I can properly talk about this certain shampoo. I do have to agree with one of the last commentors said that it made more of my hair run out in the shower more than usual. It's not very nourishing I can tell you that. Both shampoo and conditioner just kind of leave a barrier on my hair. My hair get greasier a LOT quicker with this shampoo and I'm not too happy about this. I recommending this if you're toggling in between shampoos and you don't want to run out of your professional products as fast.

Will not repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This shampoo makes my hair feel really nice and moisturised however the reason for only 3 stars is that it made my hair fall out more than usual. Apart from this this shampoo would be almost HG status as it lathers well, doesn't strip my hair and leaves it nourished with less frizz. I believe that this product works well because it has good research behind it (As Loreal owns Kerastase, they know how to make effective products!). If you have dry hair and your scalp isn't too sensitive go out and buy this product - you wont regret it!!