Revlon Top Speed - Vintage #570

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/24/2013 6:10:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this polish for next-to-nothing during CVS's end-of-season beauty sale. The formula applies like a dream in just a single coat, and lives up to the "Top Speed" name. It was dry to the touch in ~3 minutes.

The color is very pretty, but it dries to be significantly darker than it appears in the bottle. In the bottle, it looks to be a magenta/berry color... on my nails, it's more of a generic dark-ish red with berry undertones. I think "Vintage" a good name for the shade, as it has a bit of a sophisticated, Old Hollywood feel. Unfortunately, it chipped like crazy on the first day I wore it (even with my favorite long-wear topcoat) so it's not a shade I'd repurchase.

on 1/14/2013 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I remember buying this on 2 for 1 sale. It ended up just sitting at the back of my nail polish collection, collecting dust, because I didn't really like the colour of the bottle. One day, I was going through my collection when I saw it and thought "I'm not doing anything special this week, let's try this colour". It is now my favourite nail polish of all time. I fell inlove with the colour, because it just goes with everything! And I love the fact that it dries fast! It does chip a little quickly, but when I fix that, it lasts for ages!

on 9/7/2012 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My, my, this is a beautiful magenta-berry colour...too bad it chips faster than a bag of Lay's. (Yes, I know that does not make sense. Humour me.) Regardless of that, it does live up to the Top Speed name as I found the first coat to be touchably dry after a minute or so. It's a colour that I believe would suit most skin tones, too. The problem, as I've mentioned, is that it has a tendency to chip and wear away at the tip even after only one day of wear (especially if your nails are long). I only paid $2 for this so it's not much of a dealbreaker for me, but if you are paying $5 or more you may want to think about whether you'd rather buy a latte. I won't be buying it again as I'm sure there are other formulas that would last longer on me, and on you, too.

on 3/25/2012 1:15:00 PM

This is such a pretty color! It's a deep beet-colored berry cream polish. It looks like a deep magenta in the bottle, but dries with a bit more beet/red/berry to it. It's hard to photograph true, because it looks red in photos, but it isn't. The formulation is nice, it dries quickly with multiples coats, and gives complete coverage in 2 coats. Cleanup is easy, it wears well and the price is also great- I got this on sale for $3.49 CAD. I didn't expect to love this color as much as I do, but it's a very pretty alternative to red. I foresee getting a lot of wear out of this one, as it's quickly become one of my favorite go-to colors.

Popular Polishes