Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Buffing Brush

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Buffing Brush

4.6

Wish I could give this brush 4.5 stars. It's awesome, I love it and I'm so glad I found it by searching online and then reading these reviews. I have been looking for a brush like this for quite some time, but I really wanted to buy one "in person" instead of one of the dozens of online makeup shops. I wanted a vegan/synthetic buffing brush for mineral makeup (mineral foundation and mineral blush). This brush is so lovely! It's very dense and soft, the price is right, and it is sold at Target. My only small complaint so far is that is had shed a tiny bit (two bristles), and also the "handle" portion of the brush is quite light. It's hollow (I think) and the brush end is very thick and heavy, the ferrule is heavy too (which is great). But the weight balance is a bit off. Overall, for the price, quality, effectiveness, and accessibility of this brush is excellent. I'm so happy I didn't pay $25 (or more) for a brush like this. Love my mineral makeup and this brush makes it very enjoyable to apply. This is much more dense that the Real Techniques Buffing Brush, which I also have and enjoy. But the weight balance on that brush is more even. Perhaps this brush isn't "ideal" for mineral makeup, people using it for liquid foundation seem to be very pleased. I will try it that way for sure too, but don't wear cream foundation quite as often. Definitely purchase this brush, it's awesome, just feel like saving a 5-star review for things that are truly spectacular.

on 4/8/2015 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I bought this brush awhile back and after trying to use it a few times set it aside. I just didn't have a good use for it. Too dense. But lately I've been using it for powder foundation. It works great for that. I was never a powder foundation girl. Always just preferred a liquid foundation. But lately I've been applying a very thin layer of liquid foundation and concealer and then using this brush to apply my Bare Minerals over it. The brush is soft and a pleasure to use. It buffs the powder into the skin quite nicely. The finish is very natural looking. Also if I have a blush that doesn't have the best pigmentation I'll use this brush and it really works to get the blush to show up better. It washes up nicely and have not noticed any shedding. Now one of my most used brushes.

on 9/20/2014 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't know why, but for some reason my pores are large and when I put on foundation, whether it be liquid or powder, my pores look huge and both types of makeup get trapped in pores and magnify them. I've never had this problem before so I am puzzled and upset that my makeup is not looking good.

I have only used this brush once, as I bought it yesterday, but this brush really seemed to buff the foundation into my pores and they were much less visible today. I used my magnifying side of the mirror while I applied liquid foundation (Becca Matte Skin Foundation) and then I used the same brush to apply Too Faced Cocoa Powder. As I said, my makeup looked better than it had in a week or so (when my pores mysteriously enlarged). I need to get a second brush, so I can have one for liquid and one for powder.

If anyone here has experience with their pores getting large, please advise me! I'm 48 and I have great skin usually. The pores on my forehead, chin and apples of my cheeks have gone haywire.

I can't imagine how good this brush works and makes makeup look when skin is not having a meltdown!

Wow. Just wow. Target recently came to Canada and I've been looking for dupes of the Sigma f80 flat top kabuki brush since its been highly raved about by so many people. I try to keep my online ordering to a limit so I heard that the Sonia Kashuk flat top brush was comparable. I got there and since the target in my area just opened the section was pretty bare and didnt have the flat top, but there was this little guy on the bottom shelf hiding and I snatched it up. It looks like the Sigma f82 - the round top kabuki and I figured since I have the E.L.F. Power brush and an Ecotools buffing brush (which are both flat tops) I want to switch it up. And, boy am I glad I did! This brush cost me 12.99CAD which really isn't that bad when you think about it. Anywhere else (other than Sigma + shipping) it would be a ridiculous amount of money for something like this. The brush is SO soft and dense. The bristles are shorter than the E.L.F. Powder brush which gives amazing control of the product (I use it for my liquid foundation) and gives me the best finish I've ever seen. Airbrushed for sure! It's easy to get in tricky spots like under your eyes, by your nose, etc. I am in love. Best brush I've used for foundation ever, and trust me, I've tried a lot!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

WOW! This is literally the best foundation brush I have ever tried! Uhhhhhmazing. I have tried/used almost every brush, from MAC to E.L.F and this by far surpasses them all. I was using my Real Techniques Buffing Brush & I still love that but this one is way better. It's sooo soft, dense, and it really buffs away imperfections! I found myself using less foundation when i use this! Really amazing, perfect flawless finish.

Popular Makeup Brushes