Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Buffing Brush

4.9

on 8/18/2015 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this brush for $13 at Target. I prefer using a brush to apply my liquid foundations. Previously my favorites were the Elf flat top powder brush, the new Elf buffing brush, and MAC 187. Then I purchased this one, and I find myself reaching for it most often. This brush has a slightly rounded top, and synthetic bristles that are slightly longer and less densely packed. If you are used to using the Sigma F80 or F82, or the Elf powder brush, you may think this will not work for foundation, but it is very similar in design to the Sephora #55 Airbrush brush. It also gives a nearly identical result. I use the brush to stipple on & then blend out my liquid foundation. I find that it gives a very natural, airbrushed finish with no streaks. I have used this brush with a variety of foundations: Urban Decay Naked Skin, L'ancome Teint Visionnaire, L'ancome Teint Miracle, UD Naked Skin Beauty Balm, Laura Mercier Oil-free Tinted Moisturizer, Sonia Kashuk Perfecting Luminous, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, and Kiehl's BB cream. It has worked beautifully with each of them. This brush is also considerably easier to clean than the more densely-packed Sigma or Elf brushes. I would definitely recommend this brush for liquid foundation, and I would definitely repurchase.

on 4/8/2015 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I bought this brush awhile back and after trying to use it a few times set it aside. I just didn't have a good use for it. Too dense. But lately I've been using it for powder foundation. It works great for that. I was never a powder foundation girl. Always just preferred a liquid foundation. But lately I've been applying a very thin layer of liquid foundation and concealer and then using this brush to apply my Bare Minerals over it. The brush is soft and a pleasure to use. It buffs the powder into the skin quite nicely. The finish is very natural looking. Also if I have a blush that doesn't have the best pigmentation I'll use this brush and it really works to get the blush to show up better. It washes up nicely and have not noticed any shedding. Now one of my most used brushes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I think I bought it for like 9 bucks at target. Amazing brush. I love it for powder and liquid foundation. The brush is synthetic so doesn't hold onto much product which is amazing. It's very soft and blends beautifully and this is just proof to me that you don't need to spend a ton a brushes! I've given away so many of my higher end brushes because I end up using brushes like these just so much more often. I already bought a back up. Absolute favorite brush.

on 11/28/2013 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this at Target in Canada and the price was around 12-13 dollars. I'm going to keep this review simple and say GET THIS BRUSH. It is an amazing brush that blends in foundation, cream, liquids flawlessly! I don't know how I was able to live without it prior. I dab foundation on my face and blend it in with this baby. It's also great for buffing out liquid concealer as well! I've had this for over a year and a half and still work great! it also haven't shed on me once!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this brush that I have three in rotation and plan to buy one more or two. I've used them for months now. The brush head is perfectly round and slightly tapers on the edges to help buff any cream or powder product you use. I personally only use it with Urban Decay Naked foundation which what the whole reason for this purchase. I thought the UD Blurring brush was way too expensive for the size. I happen to go to Target on the same day and was so impressed with this brush. It is slightly bigger than the UD one but that's a plus for me because I found the UD one to be quiet small and better as a blush brush. It doesn't absorb my foundation, it cleans easily and dries really quickly (overnight is good.) It's so soft and yet dense and thick enough to buff foundation on. This is one of the best Sonia Kashuk brushes ever and I highly recommend it if you can find it.

on 8/1/2013 9:02:00 PM

At around $8 its an awesome brush. I personally don't use much liquid foundation because it looks too heavy but I use this to sheer it out. I also use this for powder foundation. It makes my skin look flawless and natural. I have also used it for blush application. I think its a great multi use brush and its super dense and just amazing!

on 8/1/2013 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

By far, the best foundation brush ever. Buffs in my NARS sheerglow like a dream and works just as beautifully around my nose and under eyes as it does everywhere else. And to think, I bought this on a complete whim!! No shedding, no streaking and densely packed (but not too dense). Love it and would repurchase again and again and again.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

WOW! This is literally the best foundation brush I have ever tried! Uhhhhhmazing. I have tried/used almost every brush, from MAC to E.L.F and this by far surpasses them all. I was using my Real Techniques Buffing Brush & I still love that but this one is way better. It's sooo soft, dense, and it really buffs away imperfections! I found myself using less foundation when i use this! Really amazing, perfect flawless finish.

on 12/12/2012 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Pros

- very soft
- dense
- applies liquids and powder well
- no shedding

Cons

- drying time

Comments: Amazing. Incredibly soft and dense, but still flexible enough to be able to move product with ease. I can even apply blush with this and it works great for powders, too. Wonderful brush to have.

Will repurchase.