Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Buffing Brush

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Buffing Brush

4.7

on 5/7/2016 12:06:00 AM

I went into Target with all intents of buying the former Synthetic all Purpose Flat Brush, as mine got so much wear from it. The sales clerk informed me that this brush was the new replacement brush for the flat top. I was hesitant at first to purchase this, but I brought it home and tried and I was sold!! This is a very soft, dense brush that applies liquid or creme foundation flawlessly. It's just as nice as the previous brush, but you can actually cover more skin with this one since it's slightly bigger. I am a huge fan of this brush and so glad I purchased it! Highly recommend. The store clerk said that she's been using this brush for a while and loves it to this day.

Wish I could give this brush 4.5 stars. It's awesome, I love it and I'm so glad I found it by searching online and then reading these reviews. I have been looking for a brush like this for quite some time, but I really wanted to buy one "in person" instead of one of the dozens of online makeup shops. I wanted a vegan/synthetic buffing brush for mineral makeup (mineral foundation and mineral blush). This brush is so lovely! It's very dense and soft, the price is right, and it is sold at Target. My only small complaint so far is that is had shed a tiny bit (two bristles), and also the "handle" portion of the brush is quite light. It's hollow (I think) and the brush end is very thick and heavy, the ferrule is heavy too (which is great). But the weight balance is a bit off. Overall, for the price, quality, effectiveness, and accessibility of this brush is excellent. I'm so happy I didn't pay $25 (or more) for a brush like this. Love my mineral makeup and this brush makes it very enjoyable to apply. This is much more dense that the Real Techniques Buffing Brush, which I also have and enjoy. But the weight balance on that brush is more even. Perhaps this brush isn't "ideal" for mineral makeup, people using it for liquid foundation seem to be very pleased. I will try it that way for sure too, but don't wear cream foundation quite as often. Definitely purchase this brush, it's awesome, just feel like saving a 5-star review for things that are truly spectacular.

on 8/26/2015 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this, I bought it because my Holy Grail buffing brush by real techniques is not sold individually but this one is.
It's bigger, less dense than the Real Techniques one, super soft and I have come to love it. It makes the powder or liquid or cream foundation look very natural and as it's bigger it allows me to get the job done in half the time. If you like a denser brush maybe this one is not the best for you, but for me it's great! So yes I recommend this!

on 4/8/2015 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I bought this brush awhile back and after trying to use it a few times set it aside. I just didn't have a good use for it. Too dense. But lately I've been using it for powder foundation. It works great for that. I was never a powder foundation girl. Always just preferred a liquid foundation. But lately I've been applying a very thin layer of liquid foundation and concealer and then using this brush to apply my Bare Minerals over it. The brush is soft and a pleasure to use. It buffs the powder into the skin quite nicely. The finish is very natural looking. Also if I have a blush that doesn't have the best pigmentation I'll use this brush and it really works to get the blush to show up better. It washes up nicely and have not noticed any shedding. Now one of my most used brushes.

on 6/28/2014 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This brush is fantastic for applying powder foundation. It gives a smooth, buffed, natural finish with every powder I have used it with. It's very soft and comfortable on my face. I got this at Target for around $10. I want to buy a backup because I like it so much, but my Target is usually out of this one.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I FINALLY got a Target in my province and was so excited to go have a look at the Sonia Kashuk line I've been seeing all over the internet. I guess the rest of my province didn't get the memo about how amazing the brushes were because the shelves were stocked full of every brush I had my eye on (reading the reviews here they always seems to be sold out in other Targets)!!

My #1 brush to buy was the Synthetic Buffing Brush for blending out my foundation and it was everything I imagined it to be! I was using a flat top Crown brush for about a year now and it started to shed badly during daily use and washing. It was time to retire my Crown and get something else.

This brush blends out my foundation perfectly and gives me the most amazing "airbrushed" finish I've ever seen (and I even own an airbrush system, for comparison). I love the sleek white handle and how soft it feels on my skin during application! I wasn't sure how the rounded top would blend compared to a flat top but it really does the job! This brush doesn't soak up the liquid product like my flat top Crown brush does and is a breeze to clean! It cleans very easily with a little baby shampoo and water, and dries pretty quickly (I wash it in the evening and it's dry by morning so I can use it to apply my morning makeup). I've washed it a few times now and it hasn't shed a single hair and is keeping its shape pretty nicely. I think I paid something like $12-$15 and to me it was worth every single penny!

On my next trip to Target to get a few more brushes on my list, I am going to pick up an extra one of these to have on hand because I love this brush so much and I'm afraid word will get out about it and I'll never find it again. I highly recommend purchasing this brush!!

on 8/1/2013 9:02:00 PM

At around $8 its an awesome brush. I personally don't use much liquid foundation because it looks too heavy but I use this to sheer it out. I also use this for powder foundation. It makes my skin look flawless and natural. I have also used it for blush application. I think its a great multi use brush and its super dense and just amazing!

Popular Makeup Brushes