Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Buffing Brush

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Buffing Brush

4.5

Wish I could give this brush 4.5 stars. It's awesome, I love it and I'm so glad I found it by searching online and then reading these reviews. I have been looking for a brush like this for quite some time, but I really wanted to buy one "in person" instead of one of the dozens of online makeup shops. I wanted a vegan/synthetic buffing brush for mineral makeup (mineral foundation and mineral blush). This brush is so lovely! It's very dense and soft, the price is right, and it is sold at Target. My only small complaint so far is that is had shed a tiny bit (two bristles), and also the "handle" portion of the brush is quite light. It's hollow (I think) and the brush end is very thick and heavy, the ferrule is heavy too (which is great). But the weight balance is a bit off. Overall, for the price, quality, effectiveness, and accessibility of this brush is excellent. I'm so happy I didn't pay $25 (or more) for a brush like this. Love my mineral makeup and this brush makes it very enjoyable to apply. This is much more dense that the Real Techniques Buffing Brush, which I also have and enjoy. But the weight balance on that brush is more even. Perhaps this brush isn't "ideal" for mineral makeup, people using it for liquid foundation seem to be very pleased. I will try it that way for sure too, but don't wear cream foundation quite as often. Definitely purchase this brush, it's awesome, just feel like saving a 5-star review for things that are truly spectacular.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I think I bought it for like 9 bucks at target. Amazing brush. I love it for powder and liquid foundation. The brush is synthetic so doesn't hold onto much product which is amazing. It's very soft and blends beautifully and this is just proof to me that you don't need to spend a ton a brushes! I've given away so many of my higher end brushes because I end up using brushes like these just so much more often. I already bought a back up. Absolute favorite brush.

Popular Makeup Brushes