Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Buffing Brush

Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Buffing Brush

on 8/18/2015 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this brush for $13 at Target. I prefer using a brush to apply my liquid foundations. Previously my favorites were the Elf flat top powder brush, the new Elf buffing brush, and MAC 187. Then I purchased this one, and I find myself reaching for it most often. This brush has a slightly rounded top, and synthetic bristles that are slightly longer and less densely packed. If you are used to using the Sigma F80 or F82, or the Elf powder brush, you may think this will not work for foundation, but it is very similar in design to the Sephora #55 Airbrush brush. It also gives a nearly identical result. I use the brush to stipple on & then blend out my liquid foundation. I find that it gives a very natural, airbrushed finish with no streaks. I have used this brush with a variety of foundations: Urban Decay Naked Skin, L'ancome Teint Visionnaire, L'ancome Teint Miracle, UD Naked Skin Beauty Balm, Laura Mercier Oil-free Tinted Moisturizer, Sonia Kashuk Perfecting Luminous, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, and Kiehl's BB cream. It has worked beautifully with each of them. This brush is also considerably easier to clean than the more densely-packed Sigma or Elf brushes. I would definitely recommend this brush for liquid foundation, and I would definitely repurchase.

I use this as an alternative to a flat top brush when applying foundation or blending out powders. The handle is comfortable enough to hold and I also like the look of the white. The brush itself is softer than the other "cheap" Sonia Kashuk brushes, and it is very dense. I use this brush with Maybelline Fit Me foundation and Revlon ColourStay. Both products go on seamlessly with this brush. They are more liquidy than other foundations so I think that is part of the reason this brush works.

Since this brush is so dense it can hold onto excess product. I have to wash it more often than other brushes because I don't want dried product from my last application going onto my fresh makeup.

on 9/20/2014 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't know why, but for some reason my pores are large and when I put on foundation, whether it be liquid or powder, my pores look huge and both types of makeup get trapped in pores and magnify them. I've never had this problem before so I am puzzled and upset that my makeup is not looking good.

I have only used this brush once, as I bought it yesterday, but this brush really seemed to buff the foundation into my pores and they were much less visible today. I used my magnifying side of the mirror while I applied liquid foundation (Becca Matte Skin Foundation) and then I used the same brush to apply Too Faced Cocoa Powder. As I said, my makeup looked better than it had in a week or so (when my pores mysteriously enlarged). I need to get a second brush, so I can have one for liquid and one for powder.

If anyone here has experience with their pores getting large, please advise me! I'm 48 and I have great skin usually. The pores on my forehead, chin and apples of my cheeks have gone haywire.

I can't imagine how good this brush works and makes makeup look when skin is not having a meltdown!

on 3/25/2012 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Sonia Kashuk released a few new brushes for Spring 2012. This particular brush is in their core collection and costs about 12.99. A little expensive, but that is the typical pricing for a Sonia Kashuk brush. The brush is synthetic which is great for liquid products. The surface of the brush initially has a slight oval shape which I assume is from being smashed in the packaging. The brush will probably round out after a few washes but just for reference the two radii are about 1.5 inches or 3.81 cm and 1.25 inches or 2.54 cm. The bristles are densely packed, but not too packed to where they don't move. It has enough flexibility to move product around. This didn't shed and there was no bleeding. This is my first buffing brush and I'd recommend you buy it. Hope this helped. =)

Popular Makeup Brushes