Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Buffing Brush

1 review

on 8/18/2015 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this brush for $13 at Target. I prefer using a brush to apply my liquid foundations. Previously my favorites were the Elf flat top powder brush, the new Elf buffing brush, and MAC 187. Then I purchased this one, and I find myself reaching for it most often. This brush has a slightly rounded top, and synthetic bristles that are slightly longer and less densely packed. If you are used to using the Sigma F80 or F82, or the Elf powder brush, you may think this will not work for foundation, but it is very similar in design to the Sephora #55 Airbrush brush. It also gives a nearly identical result. I use the brush to stipple on & then blend out my liquid foundation. I find that it gives a very natural, airbrushed finish with no streaks. I have used this brush with a variety of foundations: Urban Decay Naked Skin, L'ancome Teint Visionnaire, L'ancome Teint Miracle, UD Naked Skin Beauty Balm, Laura Mercier Oil-free Tinted Moisturizer, Sonia Kashuk Perfecting Luminous, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, and Kiehl's BB cream. It has worked beautifully with each of them. This brush is also considerably easier to clean than the more densely-packed Sigma or Elf brushes. I would definitely recommend this brush for liquid foundation, and I would definitely repurchase.

Popular Makeup Brushes