Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Buffing Brush

4.9

on 8/18/2015 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this brush for $13 at Target. I prefer using a brush to apply my liquid foundations. Previously my favorites were the Elf flat top powder brush, the new Elf buffing brush, and MAC 187. Then I purchased this one, and I find myself reaching for it most often. This brush has a slightly rounded top, and synthetic bristles that are slightly longer and less densely packed. If you are used to using the Sigma F80 or F82, or the Elf powder brush, you may think this will not work for foundation, but it is very similar in design to the Sephora #55 Airbrush brush. It also gives a nearly identical result. I use the brush to stipple on & then blend out my liquid foundation. I find that it gives a very natural, airbrushed finish with no streaks. I have used this brush with a variety of foundations: Urban Decay Naked Skin, L'ancome Teint Visionnaire, L'ancome Teint Miracle, UD Naked Skin Beauty Balm, Laura Mercier Oil-free Tinted Moisturizer, Sonia Kashuk Perfecting Luminous, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, and Kiehl's BB cream. It has worked beautifully with each of them. This brush is also considerably easier to clean than the more densely-packed Sigma or Elf brushes. I would definitely recommend this brush for liquid foundation, and I would definitely repurchase.

I use this as an alternative to a flat top brush when applying foundation or blending out powders. The handle is comfortable enough to hold and I also like the look of the white. The brush itself is softer than the other "cheap" Sonia Kashuk brushes, and it is very dense. I use this brush with Maybelline Fit Me foundation and Revlon ColourStay. Both products go on seamlessly with this brush. They are more liquidy than other foundations so I think that is part of the reason this brush works.

Since this brush is so dense it can hold onto excess product. I have to wash it more often than other brushes because I don't want dried product from my last application going onto my fresh makeup.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I think I bought it for like 9 bucks at target. Amazing brush. I love it for powder and liquid foundation. The brush is synthetic so doesn't hold onto much product which is amazing. It's very soft and blends beautifully and this is just proof to me that you don't need to spend a ton a brushes! I've given away so many of my higher end brushes because I end up using brushes like these just so much more often. I already bought a back up. Absolute favorite brush.

on 11/30/2013 11:54:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I had seen this on the Target site and then read reviews on here and decided to pop on over to Target to see if they had this in stock, luckily I got the last one and I was really looking forward to it.

I don't like using this for foundation. I just find it isn't dense enough to spread and blend my foundations. When I'm using a liquid foundation, I normally would use one pump, but with this I had to use two to get it spread everywhere, and with the cream foundations, I had to use more. Also it's a bit larger than what I like to use for foundation.

Don't get me wrong though, this is a very nice brush. Extremely soft, and while I didn't find it dense enough to spread my foundation, it is nicely dense. It doesn't soak up the product you're applying like some brushes will do. I love using this to press on setting powder, which is what I'll be using it for from now on, and sticking to using the Sonia Kashuk flat-top synthetic brush, or the Real Techniques expert face brush or whatever it's called for applying foundation.

on 11/17/2013 6:35:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This brush is amazing!! For the $12-13 it is an incredible deal and looks and performs like a high end brush. It is literally the softest brush I've ever owned and it is incredibly dense. It buffs in foundations flawlessly and with ease. Before finding this brush my favorite was the Real Techniques Expert Face brush but that brush is much smaller and not as soft and I now realized a lot more work to blend product in with. You cannot go wrong with this buffing brush for foundation! It is the best foundation brush I've ever used.

Wow. Just wow. Target recently came to Canada and I've been looking for dupes of the Sigma f80 flat top kabuki brush since its been highly raved about by so many people. I try to keep my online ordering to a limit so I heard that the Sonia Kashuk flat top brush was comparable. I got there and since the target in my area just opened the section was pretty bare and didnt have the flat top, but there was this little guy on the bottom shelf hiding and I snatched it up. It looks like the Sigma f82 - the round top kabuki and I figured since I have the E.L.F. Power brush and an Ecotools buffing brush (which are both flat tops) I want to switch it up. And, boy am I glad I did! This brush cost me 12.99CAD which really isn't that bad when you think about it. Anywhere else (other than Sigma + shipping) it would be a ridiculous amount of money for something like this. The brush is SO soft and dense. The bristles are shorter than the E.L.F. Powder brush which gives amazing control of the product (I use it for my liquid foundation) and gives me the best finish I've ever seen. Airbrushed for sure! It's easy to get in tricky spots like under your eyes, by your nose, etc. I am in love. Best brush I've used for foundation ever, and trust me, I've tried a lot!

I highly recommend the synthetic buffing brush from Sonia Kashuk. The bristles are firm enough to buff liquid and cream products into the skin, while being soft enough to use comfortably and not create streaks. No shedding. Perfect dome shape. I prefer this shape to a flattop buffer like ELF and I prefer this brush to the MAC brush, which I returned due to shedding and the price, which I felt was too expensive.

Popular Makeup Brushes