Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Buffing Brush

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Buffing Brush

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I FINALLY got a Target in my province and was so excited to go have a look at the Sonia Kashuk line I've been seeing all over the internet. I guess the rest of my province didn't get the memo about how amazing the brushes were because the shelves were stocked full of every brush I had my eye on (reading the reviews here they always seems to be sold out in other Targets)!!

My #1 brush to buy was the Synthetic Buffing Brush for blending out my foundation and it was everything I imagined it to be! I was using a flat top Crown brush for about a year now and it started to shed badly during daily use and washing. It was time to retire my Crown and get something else.

This brush blends out my foundation perfectly and gives me the most amazing "airbrushed" finish I've ever seen (and I even own an airbrush system, for comparison). I love the sleek white handle and how soft it feels on my skin during application! I wasn't sure how the rounded top would blend compared to a flat top but it really does the job! This brush doesn't soak up the liquid product like my flat top Crown brush does and is a breeze to clean! It cleans very easily with a little baby shampoo and water, and dries pretty quickly (I wash it in the evening and it's dry by morning so I can use it to apply my morning makeup). I've washed it a few times now and it hasn't shed a single hair and is keeping its shape pretty nicely. I think I paid something like $12-$15 and to me it was worth every single penny!

On my next trip to Target to get a few more brushes on my list, I am going to pick up an extra one of these to have on hand because I love this brush so much and I'm afraid word will get out about it and I'll never find it again. I highly recommend purchasing this brush!!

on 11/17/2013 6:35:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This brush is amazing!! For the $12-13 it is an incredible deal and looks and performs like a high end brush. It is literally the softest brush I've ever owned and it is incredibly dense. It buffs in foundations flawlessly and with ease. Before finding this brush my favorite was the Real Techniques Expert Face brush but that brush is much smaller and not as soft and I now realized a lot more work to blend product in with. You cannot go wrong with this buffing brush for foundation! It is the best foundation brush I've ever used.

I use this as an alternative to a flat top brush when applying foundation or blending out powders. The handle is comfortable enough to hold and I also like the look of the white. The brush itself is softer than the other "cheap" Sonia Kashuk brushes, and it is very dense. I use this brush with Maybelline Fit Me foundation and Revlon ColourStay. Both products go on seamlessly with this brush. They are more liquidy than other foundations so I think that is part of the reason this brush works.

Since this brush is so dense it can hold onto excess product. I have to wash it more often than other brushes because I don't want dried product from my last application going onto my fresh makeup.

I highly recommend the synthetic buffing brush from Sonia Kashuk. The bristles are firm enough to buff liquid and cream products into the skin, while being soft enough to use comfortably and not create streaks. No shedding. Perfect dome shape. I prefer this shape to a flattop buffer like ELF and I prefer this brush to the MAC brush, which I returned due to shedding and the price, which I felt was too expensive.

Popular Makeup Brushes