Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Buffing Brush

Filtered by age: 19-24
Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Buffing Brush

4.9

I use this as an alternative to a flat top brush when applying foundation or blending out powders. The handle is comfortable enough to hold and I also like the look of the white. The brush itself is softer than the other "cheap" Sonia Kashuk brushes, and it is very dense. I use this brush with Maybelline Fit Me foundation and Revlon ColourStay. Both products go on seamlessly with this brush. They are more liquidy than other foundations so I think that is part of the reason this brush works.

Since this brush is so dense it can hold onto excess product. I have to wash it more often than other brushes because I don't want dried product from my last application going onto my fresh makeup.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I think I bought it for like 9 bucks at target. Amazing brush. I love it for powder and liquid foundation. The brush is synthetic so doesn't hold onto much product which is amazing. It's very soft and blends beautifully and this is just proof to me that you don't need to spend a ton a brushes! I've given away so many of my higher end brushes because I end up using brushes like these just so much more often. I already bought a back up. Absolute favorite brush.

on 11/30/2013 11:54:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I had seen this on the Target site and then read reviews on here and decided to pop on over to Target to see if they had this in stock, luckily I got the last one and I was really looking forward to it.

I don't like using this for foundation. I just find it isn't dense enough to spread and blend my foundations. When I'm using a liquid foundation, I normally would use one pump, but with this I had to use two to get it spread everywhere, and with the cream foundations, I had to use more. Also it's a bit larger than what I like to use for foundation.

Don't get me wrong though, this is a very nice brush. Extremely soft, and while I didn't find it dense enough to spread my foundation, it is nicely dense. It doesn't soak up the product you're applying like some brushes will do. I love using this to press on setting powder, which is what I'll be using it for from now on, and sticking to using the Sonia Kashuk flat-top synthetic brush, or the Real Techniques expert face brush or whatever it's called for applying foundation.

on 11/28/2013 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this at Target in Canada and the price was around 12-13 dollars. I'm going to keep this review simple and say GET THIS BRUSH. It is an amazing brush that blends in foundation, cream, liquids flawlessly! I don't know how I was able to live without it prior. I dab foundation on my face and blend it in with this baby. It's also great for buffing out liquid concealer as well! I've had this for over a year and a half and still work great! it also haven't shed on me once!

on 11/17/2013 6:35:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This brush is amazing!! For the $12-13 it is an incredible deal and looks and performs like a high end brush. It is literally the softest brush I've ever owned and it is incredibly dense. It buffs in foundations flawlessly and with ease. Before finding this brush my favorite was the Real Techniques Expert Face brush but that brush is much smaller and not as soft and I now realized a lot more work to blend product in with. You cannot go wrong with this buffing brush for foundation! It is the best foundation brush I've ever used.

on 8/1/2013 9:02:00 PM

At around $8 its an awesome brush. I personally don't use much liquid foundation because it looks too heavy but I use this to sheer it out. I also use this for powder foundation. It makes my skin look flawless and natural. I have also used it for blush application. I think its a great multi use brush and its super dense and just amazing!

Wow. Just wow. Target recently came to Canada and I've been looking for dupes of the Sigma f80 flat top kabuki brush since its been highly raved about by so many people. I try to keep my online ordering to a limit so I heard that the Sonia Kashuk flat top brush was comparable. I got there and since the target in my area just opened the section was pretty bare and didnt have the flat top, but there was this little guy on the bottom shelf hiding and I snatched it up. It looks like the Sigma f82 - the round top kabuki and I figured since I have the E.L.F. Power brush and an Ecotools buffing brush (which are both flat tops) I want to switch it up. And, boy am I glad I did! This brush cost me 12.99CAD which really isn't that bad when you think about it. Anywhere else (other than Sigma + shipping) it would be a ridiculous amount of money for something like this. The brush is SO soft and dense. The bristles are shorter than the E.L.F. Powder brush which gives amazing control of the product (I use it for my liquid foundation) and gives me the best finish I've ever seen. Airbrushed for sure! It's easy to get in tricky spots like under your eyes, by your nose, etc. I am in love. Best brush I've used for foundation ever, and trust me, I've tried a lot!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

WOW! This is literally the best foundation brush I have ever tried! Uhhhhhmazing. I have tried/used almost every brush, from MAC to E.L.F and this by far surpasses them all. I was using my Real Techniques Buffing Brush & I still love that but this one is way better. It's sooo soft, dense, and it really buffs away imperfections! I found myself using less foundation when i use this! Really amazing, perfect flawless finish.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this brush!
I always shop at target but I rarely see this brush there. One day I was inside my local target and saw this brush (there was only one left) so i snatched this up! So far it's been amazing and my go to foundation brush for liquid foundation.

I haven't experienced any shedding/bleeding with this brush and i've had it for several months now.
I think this would be a great dupe for the new Urban Decay optical blurring brush.

on 3/25/2012 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Sonia Kashuk released a few new brushes for Spring 2012. This particular brush is in their core collection and costs about 12.99. A little expensive, but that is the typical pricing for a Sonia Kashuk brush. The brush is synthetic which is great for liquid products. The surface of the brush initially has a slight oval shape which I assume is from being smashed in the packaging. The brush will probably round out after a few washes but just for reference the two radii are about 1.5 inches or 3.81 cm and 1.25 inches or 2.54 cm. The bristles are densely packed, but not too packed to where they don't move. It has enough flexibility to move product around. This didn't shed and there was no bleeding. This is my first buffing brush and I'd recommend you buy it. Hope this helped. =)

Popular Makeup Brushes