CURLS Lavish Curls Moisturizer

Filtered by hair type : Kinky
 CURLS Lavish Curls Moisturizer

1.0

1 review

Water, Glycerin, Polysorbate 80, Methylheptly Isostearate, Silk Amino Acids, Certified Organic Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I got all excited over Sally's getting this hair product line and had my discount card so I bought this since it was cheaper than in Target to try out (it was only like a dollar and some change off, but whatever). At first I really didn't see the big deal with it. First of all it comes in a spray bottle, but the spray doesn't evenly spread to "coat" your head; it shoots out like a jet stream and you either have to spray it in your hands to apply it or just make sure you don't accidentally shoot the mirror when aiming for your head. That annoys me because the point of me buying a liquid moisturizer was to spray it on and not worrying about over-applying too much product. Second, the liquid itself is thick, which is good, but feels a bit sticky in my hands. Which, once again, I shouldn't have to worry about...because it comes in a spray bottle. Third, my hair is so thick and porous that when I scrunch it in my hair (like, three small palm fulls of it, or fifteen sprays) it sucks it up and seems like it didn't do anything to add any sort of moisture. So, when I put this in damp hair and put it in a bun so it could dry, I thought I'd picked a bum product. HOWEVER, I forgot about the "curl refresher" part. Or, rather, I'd read it and didn't care because my hair curls on its own when it's moisturized enough so I don't worry about stylers, gels, or anything where the goal is curl definition. Still though, when I shook my hair out the next day, I was surprised at how much more defined my curls were than usual. Impressed, actually. I tried this on dry hair and sopping hair and the results were the same; frizz free, soft, lovely curls. Even pieces of hair that had puffed up (I have afro textured hair) shaped instantly back into curls with a little bit of this. So, for that, I like it.

I don't know if I'm gonna rebuy it, though. It does last awhile because I've had this for a few weeks now and it's still an almost full bottle. But, it makes my hair feel dryer (I know why; protein's very high on the list and since I rarely use any heat on my hair/don't dye it it doesn't need a bunch of protein) and I don't want to have to use another leave-in just so it feels better. I could, but like I said, why would I buy a spray moisturizer if I planned on doing that? As cynical as this sounds I DO overall like it. The scent, the refresher factor, and the decent pricing (It's 9.99 at Target's and 8.99 at Sally's if you do that beauty card thing) are nice. I feel like this is something I'd repurchase if I had a surplus of money, but otherwise I wouldn't have to have it. Still though, I'll keep it around. The summers here get extremely humid, and I want to see how well this works with that.

Edit (06/15/12): Nope nope nope. The abundance of protein makes my hair way too dry. Gave it away and will not repurchase. Oh, well.

Popular Styling Products