67%
package quality

price range

Reviews

4 years ago

I love the EXPERIENCE of using this -- smells really nice, and relaxing, i like the texture. But the RESULTS are meh, for me. Hair is more moisturized, kinda, but not shiny... (my hair is fine, slightly wavy, uncolored, normal/dry). I like shea moisture or phyto products better. But nothing against john masters.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

from

4 years ago

HG conditioner for me :) I have medium texture curly hair (3a) and I avoid using products containing not only cones but also polyquats, which is very difficult to find these days. This conditioner has great ingredients, leaves my hair soft and hydrated and smells delicious. Please note that this is not a hair mask so if you are looking for one you might indeed be disappointed with the results.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

5 years ago

This has actually helped my dry hair.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairRed, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

6 years ago

I very much wanted to like this conditioner because it’s readily available from Whole Foods and less expensive than salon haircare deep conditioners. However, it’s one of the least moisturizing masks I’ve tried, and I’m not at all impressed. I’ve been using it for about half a year and look forward to finally using it all up. The best deep conditioner I’ve used is Living Proof Restore Mask. If you’re deadest on something natural or organic, I recommend simply looking up a DIY recipe specific to your hair type. Avocado, egg white, coconut oil, etc. can all make great homemade hair masks.

About reviewer (295 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

6 years ago

I have medium textured curly hair and have the usual curly haired issues - frizz and dryness. I was expecting this conditioner to be intensive because of the name. For me it's not intensive at all, it's more like a regular conditioner. I like the smell of lavender and like the concept of the John Masters line. My favourite part of this product is the tube packaging - it's very flexible so you can get every last bit out. Overall I won't buy this product again because it doesn't do anything special. It does what a conditioner should do, makes my hair soft and less dry but I have other conditioners that do that too. I have tried leaving it on for 30 minutes and then rinsing out and I don't notice any difference compared to when I rinse it out after 3-5 minutes. I like that it is easy to rinse out, but I would rather spend $32 on something else so I won't be buying this one again.

About reviewer (145 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

2.0

6 years ago

I don't understand the high rating for this conditioner. I don't like it for the following reasons: 1. It's expensive--$22 for 7 oz, and I have to use quite a bit if I expect to be able to get a comb through my hair. 2. It doesn't smell good. I find the smell sort of medicinal, which sometimes I find with lavender. 3. The texture is sort of strange. It doesn't have that slippery feel that almost every conditioner I've ever used has. 4. It doesn't detangle well, even if I leave it on for the full 5 minutes. It doesn't weigh my hair down, which is why I didn't give it 1 star, but my hair is so dry and frizzy after I use it that I am always so disappointed. I am looking forward to using it up.

About reviewer (975 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

7 years ago

I have long straight, medium thick hair. My scalp gets a little bit greasy. I use the conditioner as a mask once a month and I also use honey & hibiscus hair reconstructor once a month. I find the avocado less moisturizing then the honey & hibiscus hair. It makes my hair soft for 2 days. Nice smell and nice ingredients. If you have dry hair this would be perfect to use as a moistursing booster. If you have super dry hair would recommend the honey & hibiscus. I have and will still repurchase them both.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

from

7 years ago

This is a wonderful organic conditioner. It detangles like no other, without weighing down my fine hair (with a greasy tendency). I only need a tiny amount, so I feel it is worth the $30, given how much better my hair looks. Ingredients: Aqua (water), aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice*, cetyl alcohol, panthenol (vitamin B5), persea gratissima (avocado) oil*, sorbitol, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, behentrimonium chloride, lecithin, tocopherol, citric acid, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil*, hydrolyzed soy protein, caprylic/capric triglycerides, mel (honey)*, orbignya oleifera (babassu) seed oil*, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, wheat amino acid, juniperus mexicana (cedarwood) oil*, lonicera japonica (honeysuckle) flower extract, cymbopogon martini (palmarosa) oil*, glycerin, arnica montana (arnica) flower extract*, calendula officinalis (calendula) flower extract*, camellia sinensis (white tea) extract*, chamomilla recutita (chamomile) flower extract*, geraniol†, linalool†

About reviewer (86 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

8 years ago

Now this is a super heavy-duty conditioner! That said, it really doesn't weigh my hair down (which is fine, but there's a lot of it). I use it maybe once a month as a treatment rather than as a usual product. For long hair, I only really need about a pea-sized amount which I spread between my hands first and then lightly smooth through, concentrating on the ends. It's particularly good in the winter time when my hair can get very static-y. I love the smell of this one too!

About reviewer (154 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

8 years ago

Smells great, left hair really smooth and frizz free (even after airdrying).

About reviewer (156 reviews)

Age36-43